Author Topic: Trump: ‘In America, we don’t worship government; we worship God’  (Read 348 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

In his first commencement address as president, Donald Trump coined an expression deeply rooted in American tradition and practice, and guaranteed to annoy progressives.  “In America, we don’t worship government; we worship God,” made sense to his audience at Liberty University, and it does to a majority of Americans. It may not rank with President Reagan’s “Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!”, but I do think that this expression will be long remembered.

Progressives despise Liberty University because they despised its founder, Jerry Falwell, and his evangelical Christian approach to politics. By going there, President Trump thumbed his nose at the pretensions of the elitists, and reinforced the status of Liberty University as a legitimate and important institution. It was also, of course, a university where the crowd was guaranteed to be friendly, unlike the commencement gathering addressed by Education Secretary Betsy DeVos.

President Trump’s commencement address was an important re-statement of bedrock principle, that our rights are not derived from government, but are from our Creator, God.  Let the Left cringe and snark all it wants at this reiteration of bedrock principle. It tells everyone who and what they are. 

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/05/trump_in_america_we_dont_worship_government_we_worship_god.html
I love to hear the gnashing of teeth by the liberal elite.

Meanwhile, a typical lib like Liz Warren says this at her recent commencement speech at U of Mass:

"I'm trying to keep this apolitical but I can't help myself ... the principle that no one, no one in this country is above the law and we need a Justice Department, not an obstruction of justice department,"

Now which one is the one who really 'Gets It"?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline anubias

You expected a response to this post?  Surely you jest!  I'm giving it a bump, but a post such a this is pretty much dead in the water.

You'd do better to post something from Salon that claims Trump's psychiatrist admits that he prescribes Trump Haldol by the metric ton and some drug that turns his skin orange if you want a bunch of replies from the "Conservatives" here.