Author Topic: Time for Conservatives and Republicans to Stand Up to Trump  (Read 9717 times)

Offline skeeter

Re: Time for Conservatives and Republicans to Stand Up to Trump
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2017, 01:31:10 pm »
Everyone embraces identity politics. I just want President Trump to be successful.

I'm past caring if the president embarrasses himself or anyone else. I care only about what results from him being president.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2017, 01:48:03 pm »
@Smokin Joe

It is going to absolutely break your heart if he gets even a part of the wall built,and gets Bubbette! to cop a plea to avoid prosecution,ain't it?

What we KNOW to be a fact already is that in less than 4 months the numbers of illegal aliens living in the US has plummeted,and the Clinton's are desperately scrambling to pretend to be relevant after a 30+ year run of nothing but successes.
In answer to the first part of your first question, I'd like to see him get new funding to build new wall and get after it, instead of just make headlines for spending already appropriated funds to repair and replace existing barrier. If he gets beyond that, it will be a plus proportional to the amount of the border that becomes newly secured.
I don't want bubbette to cop a plea, because her hindness would waddle out in no time. I'd like to see her and the cadre of other traitors that she hobnobbed with testing the tensile strength of well made kevlar ropes--after they are convicted, of course. Asset forfeiture, etc, yadda yadda yadda, but it isn't likely, they will stop when they get a few low tier whipping  boys (my guess, anyway). Teflon coatings and all that.

As for illegals, we have whole jurisdictions which aren't enforcing the law, and may not be getting a count, either. I only hope the data is accurate and the trend continues. I'm within 100 miles of Canada and am tired of hearing Spanish/Mexican spoken all over.
And the clintons, just wanting to be the cool kids, and not doing so well. I think she may be keeping Bubba propped up long enough to have him approach room temperature just before 2020 and try to use it as a sympathy getter, but I also think the expiration date on their gig is up. If they'd only have guarded the border like they'll guard the grave (ammonia emissions control)....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2017, 01:48:34 pm »
@sneakypete

How interesting that you consider living by ones own individual principles to be foolish (and before you go there, oh yes voting in opposition to your principles is most decidedly NOT living up to your principles)

So, basically, you're just like every lib out there preaching about tolerance and diversity as long as it's in keeping with YOUR tolerance and diversity.

Duly noted...thank you for invalidating your opinion henceforth.

IMO, @sneakypete 's tone is due to the fact we've been battling with the more strident NTs for over a year....and your forum 'name' is very similar to another, if I'm not mistaken. 

'We've' grown tired of the gratuitous filth and insults thrown at the Republican President....in a forum with Ronald Reagan on its masthead.

Other respected members recently suggested a way of detente so that we can find common ground to make the forum less antagonistic.

Nobody is telling anybody to not criticize the POTUS.   We're saying it's not necessary to do it 24/7 in every thread.

....for that proves that they aren't interested in conversation but more to put 'ointment' for losing in the primaries and for some....even on Nov 8th.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2017, 01:49:14 pm »
I'm past caring if the president embarrasses himself or anyone else. I care only about what results from him being president.
Yep. That's basically it. I'm not worried about today's optics, but tomorrow's results.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2017, 01:58:09 pm »
@sneakypete

How interesting that you consider living by ones own individual principles to be foolish (and before you go there, oh yes voting in opposition to your principles is most decidedly NOT living up to your principles)

So, basically, you're just like every lib out there preaching about tolerance and diversity as long as it's in keeping with YOUR tolerance and diversity.

Duly noted...thank you for invalidating your opinion henceforth.

@Axeslinger

ROFLMAO! Hope you eventually manage to get all the knots untied in your brain that you had to tie off to come up with that convoluted brain fart. Does it even REALLY make sense to you?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2017, 01:58:52 pm »

@skeeter

BINGO!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2017, 02:18:51 pm »
In answer to the first part of your first question, I'd like to see him get new funding to build new wall and get after it, instead of just make headlines for spending already appropriated funds to repair and replace existing barrier. If he gets beyond that, it will be a plus proportional to the amount of the border that becomes newly secured.

@Smokin Joe

Get used to the idea that he is NOT going to get the funding he needs to construct the border wall of everyone's dreams.  The Dims just can't allow it because so much of their own political support and financial contributions are related to allowing illegals to come in and remain here.

Still,his ego is going to demand he build SOME of it,and some is better than none. At a minimum,it is a good start and may inspire candidates to pick up the border wall crusade the next election cycle.

I don't want bubbette to cop a plea, because her hindness would waddle out in no time. I'd like to see her and the cadre of other traitors that she hobnobbed with testing the tensile strength of well made kevlar ropes--after they are convicted, of course. Asset forfeiture, etc, yadda yadda yadda, but it isn't likely, they will stop when they get a few low tier whipping  boys (my guess, anyway). Teflon coatings and all that.

I couldn't agree more. I also want a 30 year old Ann Margaret to come by my house and sexually molest me until I beg for mercy.

Guess what.

As for illegals, we have whole jurisdictions which aren't enforcing the law, and may not be getting a count, either. I only hope the data is accurate and the trend continues. I'm within 100 miles of Canada and am tired of hearing Spanish/Mexican spoken all over.

That is,like most problems,one that can only be solved locally. It's due to your local rich farmers and meat packing operations hiring them because they work cheaper than Americans. One LARGE part of the problem is that in rural areas where the large farms and large ranches are located is that there aren't enough Americans living locally to fill those jobs regardless of the amount of money offered. The illegals have already traveled from the 3rd world to the US to look for jobs,so going further north and more rural is no sacrifice for them. Especially since the rural areas are MUCH safer places to raise their children,and less expensive,also.

Then again,if you could get your local chamber of commerce to advertise the jobs and lower living expenses and advantages of moving to and living in a rural area and adding that proof of citizenship will be required and verified,I am betting there are a lot of big city citizens that would be more than happy to move to a rural area where they can have some hope of actually owning their own homes and a secure lifestyle. They ain't going to come on their own,though. Somebody has to let them know the jobs and opportunities are there for any citizen willing to work for them.

And the clintons, just wanting to be the cool kids, and not doing so well. I think she may be keeping Bubba propped up long enough to have him approach room temperature .......

I'm not so sure that isn't a contest that Bubba will win. He has lost a lot of weight and strength,but AFAIK,nobody has seen him collapsing while trying to get into a SUV. Besides,if history has taught us anything,it's to not underestimate Bubba. My bet is he is determined to live at least one day longer than Bubbette! so he can get the codes to her offshore accounts before pissing on her face. Theirs is a on-going criminal conspiracy,not a romance. Bubba needed a bag lady to collect the bribes,and he needed the illusion of a normal family for political purposes. She needed a job where her evil personality was kept in the background. It was and is purely a marriage of convenience and lust for power and wealth. Bubba,like Trump is a narcissistic sociopath who loved nobody but himself until Chelsea came along. I really do think he loves her almost as much as he loves himself.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 02:19:49 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2017, 02:47:12 pm »
IMO, @sneakypete 's tone is due to the fact we've been battling with the more strident NTs for over a year....and your forum 'name' is very similar to another, if I'm not mistaken. 

'We've' grown tired of the gratuitous filth and insults thrown at the Republican President....in a forum with Ronald Reagan on its masthead.

Other respected members recently suggested a way of detente so that we can find common ground to make the forum less antagonistic.

Nobody is telling anybody to not criticize the POTUS.   We're saying it's not necessary to do it 24/7 in every thread.

....for that proves that they aren't interested in conversation but more to put 'ointment' for losing in the primaries and for some....even on Nov 8th.
@DCPatriot
You're damn right it's the same name I used at TOS because I'm not gonna run and hide from the swine that have infested TOS after I was banned.

That aside, DC, you and I have had other convos and you were ultimately relegated to apologizing to me because you were lambasting me for bashjng trump when in fact I had not and in general do not.   While there was no way in hell I would vote for the man because he has lived his life as the antithesis of every principle I hold dear, I am not blinded by hate....when he does something in support of my beliefs (gorsuch) I will give praise, when he does not I will point out that he is doing as I expected because of his life history.  Period. I am also predisposed to cut him a little slack on some issues (totally subject to my whims, because they're my beliefs) where he tries to move the ball but the gutless republicans stand in his way.

And I would expect the same, or similar, levels of intellectual honesty from both his supporters and the other never trumpers...  sadly, all the fanboy club seems to want is obsequiousness.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 02:47:49 pm by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2017, 02:57:46 pm »
@DCPatriot
You're damn right it's the same name I used at TOS because I'm not gonna run and hide from the swine that have infested TOS after I was banned.

That aside, DC, you and I have had other convos and you were ultimately relegated to apologizing to me because you were lambasting me for bashjng trump when in fact I had not and in general do not.   While there was no way in hell I would vote for the man because he has lived his life as the antithesis of every principle I hold dear, I am not blinded by hate....when he does something in support of my beliefs (gorsuch) I will give praise, when he does not I will point out that he is doing as I expected because of his life history.  Period. I am also predisposed to cut him a little slack on some issues (totally subject to my whims, because they're my beliefs) where he tries to move the ball but the gutless republicans stand in his way.

And I would expect the same, or similar, levels of intellectual honesty from both his supporters and the other never trumpers...  sadly, all the fanboy club seems to want is obsequiousness.

word
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2017, 05:51:38 pm »
@DCPatriot

@Axeslinger

HorseHillary! You came here with a chip on your shoulder looking for a fight,and you have no freaking principals OR knowledge or you would have never tried to accuse me of being a Trump "fan boy". Or anyone else's fan boy. I was banned for life from FR for calling Jim Bob out on his hypocritical sudden support  for Boy Jorge,after claiming just a month or so earlier that if he were elected that he,Jim Bob,would pick up his rifle and march/roll to DC.

Don't go blaming anybody here if your motormouth causes you to step on your dick. It's your own damn fault.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2017, 05:59:33 pm »
@DCPatriot

What I meant was that there is another member HERE with a similar moniker.  Maybe it's just the "A" or the "Axe".

And it's possible the @sneakypete  was confusing that member with you.

Everybody's so effing defensive.   Lighten up.

@mystery-ak  ....you too.   ^-^
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2017, 06:01:24 pm »
@Axeslinger

HorseHillary! You came here with a chip on your shoulder looking for a fight,and you have no freaking principals OR knowledge or you would have never tried to accuse me of being a Trump "fan boy". Or anyone else's fan boy. I was banned for life from FR for calling Jim Bob out on his hypocritical sudden support  for Boy Jorge,after claiming just a month or so earlier that if he were elected that he,Jim Bob,would pick up his rifle and march/roll to DC.

Don't go blaming anybody here if your motormouth causes you to step on your dick. It's your own damn fault.

Well, there goes THAT theory.....     :laugh:   

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2017, 06:11:21 pm »

@mystery-ak  ....you too.   

Oh yeah, that's gonna help.

All you did is validate every criticism and observation of Trump supporters made on this thread.

I think Petey mentioned gun and foot before dancing in an earlier exchange.   Apparently for some trump supporters,  it's gun and foot while making an argument.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Wingnut

« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2017, 06:13:17 pm »
Damn, @sneakypete

'Love' the hell out of you!   

....and @Frank Cannon and @Wingnut   too!    :tongue2:

I'm here for you. Like if have another myocardial infarction and I'll be there next to your hospital bed ripping out IV tubes  as a distraction so I swipe your gold rings and such!   :beer: :beer: :patriot: 

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2017, 06:17:18 pm »
I'm here for you. Like if have another myocardial infarction and I'll be there next to your hospital bed ripping out IV tubes  as a distraction so I swipe your gold rings and such!   :beer: :beer: :patriot:
Stay as sweet as you are.  :tongue2:

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2017, 06:20:54 pm »
Well this went really bad really quickly.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2017, 06:30:31 pm »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Wingnut

« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2017, 06:33:50 pm »
Well this went really bad really quickly.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2017, 06:40:05 pm »

:thumbsup3:

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2017, 06:48:37 pm »
@Axeslinger

@sneakypete
Speaking of stepping on your dick...you may have just outed yourself there friend...or your reading and comprehension skills are lacking:  at no point did I say you were a fanboy.  I was intentionally speaking in generic terms.   Go back and reread it.   Same thing when my other comment apparently went over your head. 

So which is it?  You've outed yourself or you need to brush up on your reading comprehension?

You have advocated on this thread that if we didn't vote for Trump we have no room to complain about what does or does not happen...logically you are therefore saying we should have no say...therefore you want us silenced.   Those aren't non-sequitors...those are just logical conclusions.  So, 'splain it to me:  how is this different than the libs want to silence that those that they disagree with?  Inquiring minds want to know.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 06:54:27 pm by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2017, 06:50:21 pm »
What I meant was that there is another member HERE with a similar moniker.  Maybe it's just the "A" or the "Axe".

And it's possible the @sneakypete  was confusing that member with you.

@mystery-ak  ....you too.   ^-^

@DCPatriot
Roger that...my apologies if I misinterpreted your implication.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2017, 07:09:21 pm »
@sneakypete
Speaking of stepping on your dick...you may have just outed yourself there friend...or your reading and comprehension skills are lacking:  at no point did I say you were a fanboy.  I was intentionally speaking in generic terms.   Go back and reread it.   Same thing when my other comment apparently went over your head. 

So which is it?  You've outed yourself or you need to brush up on your reading comprehension?

You have advocated on this thread that if we didn't vote for Trump we have no room to complain about what does or does not happen...logically you are therefore saying we should have no say...therefore you want us silenced.   Those aren't non-sequitors...those are just logical conclusions.  So, 'splain it to me:  how is this different than the libs want to silence that those that they disagree with?  Inquiring minds want to know.

@Axeslinger

With all due respect,ESAD.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2017, 07:26:36 pm »
@Axeslinger

With all due respect,ESAD.

@sneakypete

Thank you for proving my point....and outing yourself.  Carry on...

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2017, 07:34:31 pm »
@sneakypete

Thank you for proving my point....and outing yourself.  Carry on...

The cult of personality has become so bad that they're now even imitating Trump's favorite methods of communication.  **nononono*
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2017, 07:47:09 pm »
Hillary would have lost to most anything the GOP put up, even a ham sandwich
@geronl
I dunno. You'd be amazed how far enough people would go for a good ham sandwich!

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.