Author Topic: Oklahoma Cop, Police Chief Forced Out For Arresting City Councilman's Son  (Read 1035 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
They are now facing possible investigation by the city of Vian.
By Christian Britschgi
http://reason.com/blog/2017/05/12/oklahoma-cop-police-chief-forced-out-for

The next time officials in Vian, Oklahoma, post an ad for a new police chief, they might want to mention that
law and order in their little town does not apply to them.

Vian's last chief, Ted Johnson, and former officer Lindsey Green resigned earlier this week after city officials berated
and threatened to fire Green for arresting Joshua Smith, the son of city councilman E.O. Smith . . .

. . . Under orders from Mayor Dennis Fletcher jailers released Smith after 15 minutes behind bars, local television
station KSFM reported.

Rather than be fired, Green turned in her resignation. Instead of expressing regret over the whole affair, the department
posted a comment on Facebook saying Green had resigned to "further her career" and that the department wished her
"all the best in her future endeavors" . . .

. . . The Vian City Council has scheduled a special meeting this Tuesday for Vickers to present evidence to the council
on the propriety of Green's actions. The city council will then decide on whether to go ahead with an investigation of
Green.

Regardless of what they decide Green remains defiant about the arrest. "The law is for everybody. It doesn't matter
who your dad is," she says.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline anubias

Good for Green.  Hope she doesn't live in that town, though.  She'll wake up dead if she sticks to her guns.

Offline goodwithagun

Damn. I thought Steubenville had problems.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Wingnut

E.O. Smith in Vain probably thought this song is about him or his son.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

His punk son was driving after his license was already revoked.

A worthless dad who covers for a son reckless like that.

I think I would submit a recall petition for the city councillor
Here's what he said when he was running for office last year as a first-time councilman

"I decided to run because I am retired and have plenty of time to dedicate to this position and will be available at anytime to assist Cherokee residents and citizens that reside in District 5.” http://www.swtimes.com/news/20161209/eo-smith-of-vian-seeks-district-5-seat-on-cherokee-council

How does that jive with him giving him and his family priority over other citizens?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 01:03:44 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Some apples don't fall far from the horse.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

geronl

You would think the state AG might want to look into this.