Author Topic: Before being fired, Comey told Congress that Russian probe targets didn't include Trump  (Read 4290 times)

Offline anubias

Every group has its extremes. You said "most of the posts here are beyond ridiculous", and that's downright unfair. Sorry, but I think you are running a little thin on skin today. I hope whatever else is pestering you gets resolved better to your liking. But I'll agree to disagree for the sake of all concerned.

Most of the REPLIES.  Better?

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I'm not talking about it being posted. I am talking about the mind numb #NT's who run with the news like it is the biggest smoking gun/impeachable offense/Second coming of Christ in their unhinged Jihad against the President. Never any questioning that there are unnamed sources backing it. Never any question about the source being rabidly anti Republican. Never a peep except to accept it for the gospel.

I can see being sucked in on one or two stories but they are flooding the zone now. People should be a hell of a lot more inquisitive about what the MSM is shoveling especially when their stated goal is to destroy the GOP and the country.
Well, Frank, get in there and pick it apart. We all know you're up to the task. Give reasons, attack the sources (story not posters) and shred it if it is crap with facts.
Put it up on the forum for the world to read and yank the legs out from under the BS.
You're plenty sharp enough to do that--and @anubias, you, too.
Do the whole forum, the country, and the world a service, and demolish the pretense with facts.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Of course it is.  You're not the one filling every thread with garbage.  I'm not talking about the posts themselves.  I'm talking about the ridiculous replies to the posts, myst.

You do what I do anubias, skip over them..ignore them...you'll feel better.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DiogenesLamp

Unless you think he is going to get everything 100% right 100% of the time, I don't get where you seem to think he should be immune to criticism.

Criticism?  Is that what you call all the snide nasty hateful comments directed at him and everything he does?   

I would think Criticism would be more along the lines of " I think President Trump is making a mistake by taking this course of action.   I think he is overlooking this factor,  or not giving enough weight to that factor."   

Not stuff like " or he could stop saying stupid things"   or "Cause NO ONE can keep up with his lies."  and so forth.    (And you know there is a lot worse than that,  and it won't take much difficulty in finding it if you want examples.)   

When he gets it right, he gets credit, and I was not a fan. When he screws up, he'll get called on it. It goes with the job. He should be able to take that heat.
Telling the rest of us to shut up and take three years off reeks of the site we left. If you want that, you know where that is, but you will find he is not immune to criticism, even there.
He is President, not some deity on a pedestal with any criticism to be treated as heresy.

If you thought I was telling people to "shut up",   then you are mistaken.   I was asking people to drop the impulsive hate.   Many of the messages I read aren't policy critiques,  they are the intellectual equivalent of throwing garbage.

They are childish taunting and knee jerk caterwauling.    They are shrill,  not reasoned.   They are the screaming of a mob,  not the debate of civilized people.   

They are the sort of behavior I expect from Berkeley ANTIFA,   not intellectual conservatives.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online Smokin Joe

Most of the REPLIES.  Better?
On some threads, maybe. No one is immune to a taste of schadenfreude. However, that doesn't change the point that posts which are predicated on flawed information, sources, and logic can be refuted with sound information, sources, and logic, and with a minimum of rancor.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DiogenesLamp

I've started checking to see who posted last before I go on a thread.  If it's one of the usual suspects, I refrain.  The thread will be nothing but swill and a waste of my time and energy to read.

That is exactly what I do.   If I see a thread has been posted with a mocking title and by someone I recognize as a dedicated Trump hater,   I just don't even bother looking at it.   

Who wants to read over and over again how much people hate Trump and how they think he's a lying idiot?   I don't recall nearly that much spleen vented at Hillary,  and she deserved it more! 

Unfortunately, it doesn't leave many threads left to read.  It wouldn't be so bad if valid points were made, but it's just "I hate Trump ad infinitum" written in a different way.   :shrug:

Exactly.   I like to discuss things,   I don't have any interest in reading through a hate-fest. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline anubias

Criticism?  Is that what you call all the snide nasty hateful comments directed at him and everything he does?   

I would think Criticism would be more along the lines of " I think President Trump is making a mistake by taking this course of action.   I think he is overlooking this factor,  or not giving enough weight to that factor."   

Not stuff like " or he could stop saying stupid things"   or "Cause NO ONE can keep up with his lies."  and so forth.    (And you know there is a lot worse than that,  and it won't take much difficulty in finding it if you want examples.)   

If you thought I was telling people to "shut up",   then you are mistaken.   I was asking people to drop the impulsive hate.   Many of the messages I read aren't policy critiques,  they are the intellectual equivalent of throwing garbage.

They are childish taunting and knee jerk caterwauling.    They are shrill,  not reasoned.   They are the screaming of a mob,  not the debate of civilized people.   

They are the sort of behavior I expect from Berkeley ANTIFA,   not intellectual conservatives.

You are wasting your time, @DiogenesLamp .  SJ thinks we are supposed to "get in there" and slug it out with such behavior.  It would be a full time job to post witty repartee to every snide, catty remark made on this forum and no, I am not up to the task.  I would soon get the boot if I said what needed saying in a succinct manner.

Online Smokin Joe

Then fundamentally, we agree. There is always going to be someone throwing turds in the monkey house. Part of the interwebs, I'm afraid. Duck. We can have rational discussions and ignore the rest, too. I have seen both, done both. No one is immune. What makes this site great is the general tolerance for those forms of expression, and that at some point the conversation tends to get down to brass tacks and leave the poo slinging out.

C S Lewis

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I'm not talking about it being posted. I am talking about the mind numb #NT's who run with the news like it is the biggest smoking gun/impeachable offense/Second coming of Christ in their unhinged Jihad against the President. Never any questioning that there are unnamed sources backing it. Never any question about the source being rabidly anti Republican. Never a peep except to accept it for the gospel.

I can see being sucked in on one or two stories but they are flooding the zone now. People should be a hell of a lot more inquisitive about what the MSM is shoveling especially when their stated goal is to destroy the GOP and the country.

Wait.   You think they actually READ the article before they post them?   /s

Any dumb ass that wakes from a coma would look around and in less than 5 minutes tell you it's an anti-Trump forum.

And the reason is because the aforementioned house NTs think everyday is the day they can say " :silly:  I told you so!"

Eff the harrowing damage the the so-called MSM is doing to the nation and to the President's Administration.    They've been out to get him since he stepped off the escalator in the Summer of2015.

It has nothing to do with the right to criticize a President when he does wrong.

Upon the dozens and dozens of threads posted in POLITICS and OPINION, the only ones that pique any interest to a visitor/member...are the ones with ongoing conversations.

And every GD one of them mocks and ridicules President Trump. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

You do what I do anubias, skip over them..ignore them...you'll feel better.

It's the ONLY way.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
"All you idiot Nazi fascist goosestepping bootlickers, worship your orange God, in your cult"

For a site with Reagan's picture, and "gop" in the name, the supporters of the recently elected Republican President SHOULD NOT have to tolerate that abuse daily.

Too much of that in my view.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DiogenesLamp

You are wasting your time, @DiogenesLamp .  SJ thinks we are supposed to "get in there" and slug it out with such behavior.  It would be a full time job to post witty repartee to every snide, catty remark made on this forum and no, I am not up to the task.  I would soon get the boot if I said what needed saying in a succinct manner.

Sometimes I feel like being a glutton for punishment.  Sometimes I don't.   

I have an idea of what I consider to be admirable characteristics in people.   Some here,  such as "Major Bill"  or even "JazzHead" exemplify my ideal.   They are always reasonable,  and seldom rancorous,  and they can articulate themselves in a dignified manner.   

I often don't agree with them,   but they maintain dignity and I feel respect towards them. 

I would like to have respect for everyone here,  but some people make that difficult.   :) 

What is it they say about "disagree,  but don't be disagreeable." ?   

That.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DCPatriot

"All you idiot Nazi fascist goosestepping bootlickers, worship your orange God, in your cult"

For a site with Reagan's picture, and "gop" in the name, the supporters of the recently elected Republican President SHOULD NOT have to tolerate that abuse daily.

Amen, brother.    :patriot:

Offline corbe

Wait.   You think they actually READ the article before they post them?   /s

Any dumb ass that wakes from a coma would look around and in less than 5 minutes tell you it's an anti-Trump forum.

And the reason is because the aforementioned house NTs think everyday is the day they can say " :silly:  I told you so!"

Eff the harrowing damage the the so-called MSM is doing to the nation and to the President's Administration.    They've been out to get him since he stepped off the escalator in the Summer of2015.

It has nothing to do with the right to criticize a President when he does wrong.

Upon the dozens and dozens of threads posted in POLITICS and OPINION, the only ones that pique any interest to a visitor/member...are the ones with ongoing conversations.

This is probably a bad time to note the oversensitivity of you Trumpsters lately, what's up with that? Cut the whining and bring back the Debate we loved so much, no sarcasm intended or implied.

As far as the bolded part above it's probably some Marketing mojo by the owner.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 11:56:59 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

That happens and will continue to happen. Repubs are worse critics of their own...we all know that. Dems would never pick apart their Dem Prez like we do.

I remember on FR we had a Daily Dose for Bush..there wasn't a day that went by that we had to contact Admin asking them to remove comments from Bush haters...so nothing changes...and don't tell me it is worse with Trump, it isn't.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline DiogenesLamp

Then fundamentally, we agree. There is always going to be someone throwing turds in the monkey house. Part of the interwebs, I'm afraid. Duck. We can have rational discussions and ignore the rest, too. I have seen both, done both. No one is immune. What makes this site great is the general tolerance for those forms of expression, and that at some point the conversation tends to get down to brass tacks and leave the poo slinging out.

I'll tell you what absolutely befuddles me.   Sometimes I see a "turd thrower"  putting forth what I consider a very reasonable argument and with which I occasionally agree.   

It is as if there is a Jekyll and Hyde effect going on.   It is like experiencing the ravings of a lunatic who suddenly becomes a rational and perceptive person. 

I think there is some of that in all of  us.   I know I have my lunatic episodes.  :0   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I know I have my lunatic episodes.

Rut Roh!............................ :silly:
Support the USO

Offline DiogenesLamp

Now see there?  That's a much better example of the sort of thing of which I spoke.   I have no doubt you found it somewhere in these threads,   or if you didn't,   it has siblings which  are close enough.
— Lord Melbourne —

Online Smokin Joe

If you saw that, you should have had the mods go after it. Can you link that, because I will.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

Now see there?  That's a much better example of the sort of thing of which I spoke.   I have no doubt you found it somewhere in these threads,   or if you didn't,   it has siblings which  are close enough.
Whoa there. I don't do "fake but accurate"--after all I thought that was what started this. So how about a link?

C S Lewis

Offline DiogenesLamp

Rut Roh!............................ :silly:

You should read up on Diogenes.   He was a nut.  A Kook.  A whackjob.   

He had a very bizarre and wicked sense of humor.   He also had his episodes of amazing clarity though. 

It is for a good reason I picked my monicker.   :) 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline anubias

It's the ONLY way.   

It's what i do.  I already stated I look to see who made the last reply to know whether I should read the thread or not.  Unfortunately, they are prolific.  It's more not than do.

Offline DCPatriot

This is probably a bad time to note the oversensitivity of you Trumpsters lately, what's up with that? Cut the whining and bring back the Debate we loved so much, no sarcasm intended or implied.

As far as the bolded part above it's probably some Marketing scheme by the owner.

"Oversensitivity", my a%%!

You've got a lot of nerve.

The point/topic of conversation is the overpowering stench of Trump hate that permeates the forum...and the degree in quality of the criticism.

It's gotten to the point that .....well, @corbe think of that quote about "...good men standing and doing nothing".

So, I'm just adding my two cents.

@anubias and @DiogenesLamp and @Frank Cannon  gave me a figurative 'slap'....and here I am.     ^-^

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

You should read up on Diogenes.   He was a nut.  A Kook.  A whackjob.   

He had a very bizarre and wicked sense of humor.   He also had his episodes of amazing clarity though. 

It is for a good reason I picked my monicker.   :)

I am curious..I will read up on him...
Support the USO

Offline DiogenesLamp

Whoa there. I don't do "fake but accurate"--after all I thought that was what started this. So how about a link?

I didn't post that quote,  but I recognize it's like as something I have seen more often in these threads than I preferred.   

If that's not an actual quote from somewhere in all these threads,  it's not too far off a real one. 

— Lord Melbourne —