Author Topic: Before being fired, Comey told Congress that Russian probe targets didn't include Trump  (Read 4293 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Before being fired, Comey told Congress that Russian probe targets didn't include Trump
by John Solomon

May 11, 2017

WATCH | Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley and Sen. Dianne Feinstein made a statement on former FBI Director Comey's firing during a committee markup.

Congressional officials were told by FBI Director James Comey before he was fired that there are just a small number of Americans who are targets of the criminal or counterintelligence probes involving Russia and that none were President Trump or his top aides, Circa has confirmed.

Behind closed doors, Comey provided specific updates on about a half dozen or less targeted US citizens who were the focus of either counterintelligence probes or criminal investigations emanating from the Russia election scandal, sources familiar with the intelligence told Circa.

more
http://circa.com/politics/accountability/james-comey-told-congressional-officials-that-trump-wasnt-a-russian-probe-target
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

But but but all the #NeverTrump stooges have been foaming at the mouth all week that Donny was so much a target that Comey was asking for more money to investigate. Am I now to believe that they are all a bunch of dunces who will run off with fake news just to make their invalid points?

Offline anubias

But but but all the #NeverTrump stooges have been foaming at the mouth all week that Donny was so much a target that Comey was asking for more money to investigate. Am I now to believe that they are all a bunch of dunces who will run off with fake news just to make their invalid points?

Normally, I refuse to read a post that begins with "But... but... but..", but this one was spot on.  This forum has been in the toilet repeating the DNC talking points.  It's a shame that some of the floating excrement refuse to flush themselves.

Offline corbe

This is a pretty open Forum @anubias with a pretty light touch by the Mods, makes for Great Debate and levity.
   Think how boring it would be if we all agreed?   No one is asking the Trump supporters to shut up and no one is dictating what you want to post/discuss here, both sides and everything in the middle of all perspectives are covered, all that is asked is Respect and civility and that My Friend is what makes this a great place.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

This is a pretty open Forum @anubias with a pretty light touch by the Mods, makes for Great Debate and levity.
   Think how boring it would be if we all agreed?   No one is asking the Trump supporters to shut up and no one is dictating what you want to post/discuss here, both sides and everything in the middle of all perspectives are covered, all that is asked is Respect and civility and that My Friend is what makes this a great place.

I don't think she is bitching about us all agreeing. The point is that the MSM has been shoveling lie after lie, week after week that is all based on "unnamed sources" that end up being exposed by the end of that week. In the meantime the #NT's go off the rails slamming the hell out of the President with blatant garbage. It's getting old.

Since when do Conservative let themselves be spoon fed pablum from the MSM without being cautious?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I don't think she is bitching about us all agreeing. The point is that the MSM has been shoveling lie after lie, week after week that is all based on "unnamed sources" that end up being exposed by the end of that week. In the meantime the #NT's go off the rails slamming the hell out of the President with blatant garbage. It's getting old.

Since when do Conservative let themselves be spoon fed pablum from the MSM without being cautious?
It's almost as much fun as watching people go nuts about seven mistresses, or being the 'annointed of god' or even killing JFK.

Chickens inbound on final.... :shrug:

After the primaries (and even well before them) I haven't paid much attention to the MSM unless one of them is saying something really different. When they are coordinated, using the same talking points and phrases, and spewing the same "logic", they are almost always full of BS.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DiogenesLamp

Normally, I refuse to read a post that begins with "But... but... but..", but this one was spot on.  This forum has been in the toilet repeating the DNC talking points.  It's a shame that some of the floating excrement refuse to flush themselves.

It is the most annoying thing about this place.  Over and over and over people keep making their snide nasty comments (about Trump)  that could just as easily be coming from the DNC.   

Trump is what we've got,  and I see no value in deliberately undermining him and spreading propaganda for the other side.   

I used to tell the same thing to people that were attacking Ted Cruz at the other site,  but they just snarled at me. 

Lot of snarling going on still. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Oh yes!  Freedom of Speech!   Why we all need to hear thousands of times how Trump is a fool.  Why if people didn't keep repeating variations on this theme over and over and over constantly,  why some of us might not notice that many of you think he's a fool. 

I think the message was received a long time ago.  Now you're just belaboring the point. 

We get it.   You don't like him.  Why do we have to keep hearing all the bellyaching about it? 

How about you take a hiatus and start back up in 3 years when it's time to contemplate replacing him? 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline anubias

Exactly Frank.  It is old and beneath folks that supposedly have half a brain.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

That's just it..we don't know what is fact or fiction ..just when you think you have seen everything..there is another story or tweet.

I post all kinds of articles and it is up to the reader to discern the truth or at least try to.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

It is the most annoying thing about this place.  Over and over and over people keep making their snide nasty comments (about Trump)  that could just as easily be coming from the DNC.   

Trump is what we've got,  and I see no value in deliberately undermining him and spreading propaganda for the other side.   

I used to tell the same thing to people that were attacking Ted Cruz at the other site,  but they just snarled at me. 

Lot of snarling going on still.

Was just on that thread about Trump's warning Comey......

I started to question where the hell I was.     Only more succinctly. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

Oh yes!  Freedom of Speech!   Why we all need to hear thousands of times how Trump is a fool.  Why if people didn't keep repeating variations on this theme over and over and over constantly,  why some of us might not notice that many of you think he's a fool. 

I think the message was received a long time ago.  Now you're just belaboring the point. 

We get it.   You don't like him.  Why do we have to keep hearing all the bellyaching about it? 

How about you take a hiatus and start back up in 3 years when it's time to contemplate replacing him?
Unless you think he is going to get everything 100% right 100% of the time, I don't get where you seem to think he should be immune to criticism.
When he gets it right, he gets credit, and I was not a fan. When he screws up, he'll get called on it. It goes with the job. He should be able to take that heat.
Telling the rest of us to shut up and take three years off reeks of the site we left. If you want that, you know where that is, but you will find he is not immune to criticism, even there.
He is President, not some deity on a pedestal with any criticism to be treated as heresy.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline anubias

I've started checking to see who posted last before I go on a thread.  If it's one of the usual suspects, I refrain.  The thread will be nothing but swill and a waste of my time and energy to read.  Unfortunately, it doesn't leave many threads left to read.  It wouldn't be so bad if valid points were made, but it's just "I hate Trump ad infinitum" written in a different way.   :shrug:

Offline corbe

Normally, I refuse to read a post that begins with "But... but... but..", but this one was spot on.   This forum has been in the toilet repeating the DNC talking points.  It's a shame that some of the floating excrement refuse to flush themselves.

@Frank Cannon I took the bolded part of the statement as offensive to some Briefers (Guilt by association, yes).
   I post a lot of Articles here and I really do try and read everyone through before posting, respectfully, I stay off the extremes Breitbart or Huffpost and granted my critical thinking skills aren't that sharp but apparently I'm not going to enough pro-Trump sites or my bias is showing big time, because this issue has come up on a few of my threads.

I still like Susan Wright
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Smokin Joe

I've started checking to see who posted last before I go on a thread.  If it's one of the usual suspects, I refrain.  The thread will be nothing but swill and a waste of my time and energy to read.  Unfortunately, it doesn't leave many threads left to read.  It wouldn't be so bad if valid points were made, but it's just "I hate Trump ad infinitum" written in a different way.   :shrug:
If you don't mind, I'll take offense at the way disagreement is characterized as slavishly opposing Trump. I have seen a lot of fairness around here from people who were opposed enough to vote third party or leave the top of the ticket blank, and the characterization that criticism is "hate" does a disservice to us all.

C S Lewis

Offline anubias

Unless you think he is going to get everything 100% right 100% of the time, I don't get where you seem to think he should be immune to criticism.
When he gets it right, he gets credit, and I was not a fan. When he screws up, he'll get called on it. It goes with the job. He should be able to take that heat.
Telling the rest of us to shut up and take three years off reeks of the site we left. If you want that, you know where that is, but you will find he is not immune to criticism, even there.
He is President, not some deity on a pedestal with any criticism to be treated as heresy.

Oh please.  I've seen that "diety" excuse so much that IT reeks.  Constructive criticism is one thing.  Swallowing obvious BS or even twisting non BS to merely say "I hate Trump" is entirely a different matter.  I'm not a Trump worshipper and neither is Frank, but most of the posts here are beyond ridiculous.

Offline Smokin Joe

Oh please.  I've seen that "diety" excuse so much that IT reeks.  Constructive criticism is one thing.  Swallowing obvious BS or even twisting non BS to merely say "I hate Trump" is entirely a different matter.  I'm not a Trump worshipper and neither is Frank, but most of the posts here are beyond ridiculous.
Like what? You DO realize that some of those stories are posted here to be debunked, I hope?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 11:23:39 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

DITTO.....he is not a GOD..he is a Politico and like all politicians open to criticism....
Support the USO

Offline anubias

If you don't mind, I'll take offense at the way disagreement is characterized as slavishly opposing Trump. I have seen a lot of fairness around here from people who were opposed enough to vote third party or leave the top of the ticket blank, and the characterization that criticism is "hate" does a disservice to us all.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.  I find some of the NTs to be as bad if not worse than some of the ETs.  To each his own I suppose.

Offline anubias

DITTO.....he is not a GOD..he is a Politico and like all politicians open to criticism....

And ditto to what I said to SJ.  Constructive criticism is one thing.  Unfortunately, that appears to be a rare commodity here of late.  Spewing the DC talking points seems to be the thing now.

Offline Frank Cannon

That's just it..we don't know what is fact or fiction ..just when you think you have seen everything..there is another story or tweet.

I post all kinds of articles and it is up to the reader to discern the truth or at least try to.

I'm not talking about it being posted. I am talking about the mind numb #NT's who run with the news like it is the biggest smoking gun/impeachable offense/Second coming of Christ in their unhinged Jihad against the President. Never any questioning that there are unnamed sources backing it. Never any question about the source being rabidly anti Republican. Never a peep except to accept it for the gospel.

I can see being sucked in on one or two stories but they are flooding the zone now. People should be a hell of a lot more inquisitive about what the MSM is shoveling especially when their stated goal is to destroy the GOP and the country.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.  I find some of the NTs to be as bad if not worse than some of the ETs.  To each his own I suppose.

I personally do not like Trump but I voted for him and want his policies to succeed....if he screws up I will call him on it...I think that is only fair.
Support the USO

Offline Smokin Joe

Every group has its extremes. You said "most of the posts here are beyond ridiculous", and that's downright unfair. Sorry, but I think you are running a little thin on skin today. I hope whatever else is pestering you gets resolved better to your liking. But I'll agree to disagree for the sake of all concerned.

C S Lewis

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I'm not talking about it being posted. I am talking about the mind numb #NT's who run with the news like it is the biggest smoking gun/impeachable offense/Second coming of Christ in their unhinged Jihad against the President. Never any questioning that there are unnamed sources backing it. Never any question about the source being rabidly anti Republican. Never a peep except to accept it for the gospel.

I can see being sucked in on one or two stories but they are flooding the zone now. People should be a hell of a lot more inquisitive about what the MSM is shoveling especially when their stated goal is to destroy the GOP and the country.

I don't disagree with anything you wrote...but that has always been the case with the MSN reporting. I have learned not to believe anything they write until it is verified..I think we should all do that with any story..
Support the USO

Offline anubias

I personally do not like Trump but I voted for him and want his policies to succeed....if he screws up I will call him on it...I think that is only fair.

Of course it is.  You're not the one filling every thread with garbage.  I'm not talking about the posts themselves.  I'm talking about the ridiculous replies to the posts, myst.