Author Topic: Don't Call Me Caitlyn: Baby name Plunges in Popularity  (Read 375 times)

geronl

Don't Call Me Caitlyn: Baby name Plunges in Popularity
« on: May 12, 2017, 06:28:10 pm »

WASHINGTON (AP) — Don't call me Caitlyn.

A year after Caitlyn Jenner announced her new name and gender, the popularity of the name Caitlyn plummeted more than any other baby name, according to Social Security's annual list of the most popular baby names.

In fact, the four names that dropped the most were all variations of the same name: Caitlin, Caitlyn, Katelynn and Kaitlynn.

"It was inevitable," said Laura Wattenberg, founder of BabynameWizard.com. "Caitlyn was already falling in popularity. Now it is suddenly controversial."

excerpt
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2017/05/12/dont-call-me-caitlyn-baby-name-plunges-in-popularity/101600748/

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Don't Call Me Caitlyn: Baby name Plunges in Popularity
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 07:51:50 pm »
The Kardashian Effect in action.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Suppressed

Re: Don't Call Me Caitlyn: Baby name Plunges in Popularity
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 07:52:52 pm »
The funny thing about that name, as I understand it, is that it's pronounced "Kathleen" in the original, but has been bastardized in American English.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn