Author Topic: Democrat Refers to Middle America as ‘Podunk, USA’  (Read 592 times)

rangerrebew

Democrat Refers to Middle America as ‘Podunk, USA’
« on: May 12, 2017, 02:57:47 pm »
 Democrat Refers to Middle America as ‘Podunk, USA’
Posted By Elizabeth Harrington On May 11, 2017 @ 3:00 pm In Politics | No Comments

A Democratic lawmaker from California referred to Middle America as "Podunk, USA," during a committee meeting last week, several sources inside the meeting told the Washington Free Beacon.

Remarks by Rep. Anna Eshoo (D., Calif.) during a closed-door Energy and Commerce Committee meeting with Federal Communications Commission Chairman Ajit Pai raised eyebrows from those present.

Article printed from Washington Free Beacon: http://freebeacon.com

URL to article: http://freebeacon.com/politics/democrat-refers-middle-america-podunk-usa/

Offline Suppressed

Re: Democrat Refers to Middle America as ‘Podunk, USA’
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 03:32:57 pm »
I've had family in Podunk for 150 years.

And I mean that literally... Podunk, NY...the place that originated the expression.   

Great people in Podunk.  I'm not offended by the term.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 03:39:36 pm »
I'd rather live in Podunk than The People's Republic of Californistan.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 03:39:43 pm »
This is they way they think of us, so it's not at all surprising.