Author Topic: Ex-Rep. Corrine Brown guilty on fraud, tax evasion charges  (Read 478 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Yeppers ... DEMS can do no wrong!  No sirree!!  Gee, out of the 22 charges, she was only found guilty of 18!   :silly:

Ex-Rep. Corrine Brown guilty on fraud, tax evasion charges

Former Democratic Rep. Corrine Brown was found guilty on 18 fraud and tax evasion charges Thursday afternoon in a Jacksonville federal court.

The charges stemmed from accusations she illegally siphoned thousands of dollars from her charity into her own bank account for lavish parties, trips and shopping excursions.

Brown was found not guilty on four of the 22 total charges.

Brown served as a Florida representative in the U.S. House of Representatives from 1993 until 2017. She was defeated in her 2016 primary race.

The indictment came after an investigation into the charity One Door for Education Foundation Inc., which federal prosecutors say was purported to give scholarships to poor students but instead filled the coffers of Brown and her associates.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/11/ex-rep-corrine-brown-guilty-on-fraud-tax-evasion-charges.html
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Ex-Rep. Corrine Brown guilty on fraud, tax evasion charges
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 09:33:59 pm »
Beat me to it - was going to post from here: http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/politics/former-congresswoman-stoic-leaving-court-after-being-found-guilty-of-fraud-corruption-charges/438935355

Needless to say, you get most of the way through the article before political party gets mentioned.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 09:34:18 pm by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Ex-Rep. Corrine Brown guilty on fraud, tax evasion charges
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 09:39:04 pm »
Beat me to it - was going to post from here: http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/politics/former-congresswoman-stoic-leaving-court-after-being-found-guilty-of-fraud-corruption-charges/438935355

Needless to say, you get most of the way through the article before political party gets mentioned.

Other article mentions she a DEM in the first sentence ... regardless...stealing from her own people!  I'd say this qualifies her for Clinton's basket of deplorables.

Years ago, mayor Coleman Young of Detroit, stole the city and people blind for years ... and they kept voting him in. As long as the entitlements continued they thought he was great.  In this case though ... she was taking entitlement $$ and putting it in her pocket.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.