Author Topic: Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein threatened to resign after White House pinned Comey’s firing on him: report  (Read 1056 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

BY
Brett Bodner
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Thursday, May 11, 2017, 1:07 AM

Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein considered resigning Tuesday night after he started to be cast as the person behind the decision to fire FBI director James Comey, according to a report.

Rosenstein was upset when he started to be painted as the person whose recommendation President Trump acted on when choosing to relieve Comey of his duties, an anonymous person close to the White House told the Washington Post.

Trump had made up his mind to fire Comey Monday when he tasked Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Rosenstein to explain in writing why the FBI director had to be fired, White House officials told the Post. Rosenstein went on to write a three-page memorandum filled with explanations for the dismissal of Comey.

more
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/rod-rosenstein-reportedly-threatened-resign-comey-firing-article-1.3154920
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline beandog

So let me get this straight.  You write a 3 page memo on why Comey has to be fired.  The President does what you recommend and then you get your panties in a wad. That is, of course, if this story is even true and we know how that goes.  On top of that I don't think anyone in he admin was "blaming" him, they were giving him the credit.  Big difference between blame and credit.  One implies a bad thing and one a good thing.  This is a good thing so he should be glad.

Offline libertybele

So let me get this straight.  You write a 3 page memo on why Comey has to be fired.  The President does what you recommend and then you get your panties in a wad. That is, of course, if this story is even true and we know how that goes.  On top of that I don't think anyone in he admin was "blaming" him, they were giving him the credit.  Big difference between blame and credit.  One implies a bad thing and one a good thing.  This is a good thing so he should be glad.

I believe that Rosenstein will resign.  He has worked under Clinton, Bush, Bammy and Holder who have all been highly controversial and most of the DEMS, so I was really surprised that Trump appointed him.  Schumer praised him last week and is now shunning him for his decision to advise Trump to fire Comey.  I don't think he appreciates being questioned and I also tend to believe that if the DEMS are questioning him now after he's probably helped them in the past; then it's time to get out, especially if they indeed have enough on Hillary and cronies to bring them down.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/11/rod-rosenstein-at-center-storm-after-comey-firing.html
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 03:48:11 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Rivergirl

Seems as tho a memo was written above the signature of this man without his concurrence?
Beware McCabe.  He is not to be trusted.  Will there be no honest man/woman running the FBI?

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Seems as tho a memo was written above the signature of this man without his concurrence?
Beware McCabe.  He is not to be trusted.  Will there be no honest man/woman running the FBI?

The future is a highly politicized FBI. Very frightening. No Trump is not to blame, as this was probably started years ago by other Presidents. But he sure as hell ain't changing that trajectory and seems to be making it worse.

But the mental midgets on this site will mindlessly cheer him on, regardless.

Online Right_in_Virginia

NBC News PR‏Verified account @NBCNewsPR 9m9 minutes ago
LATEST from @PeteWilliamsNBC: Two @TheJusticeDept officials say Deputy AG Rosenstein did not threaten to resign #ComeyFiring

Think it through ... Does one write  a 3 page memo justifying a termination and then threaten to quit when the justification is accepted? 

#Fakenews is tiresome, and accepting it blindly is more so.   **nononono* 

Online Right_in_Virginia

:bsflag:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

A memo drafted by one (usually subordinate) and signed by another (usually superior) does nothing to diminish the responsibility of the signer.

"You can delegate authority, but you cannot delegate responsibility"

Truman, Eisenhower, Reagan would fully appreciate that axiom. Ordinary government hacks, not so much.

I imagine those that merely typed memos were not privy to all of the routines, or implication.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline anubias

But the mental midgets on this site will mindlessly cheer him on, regardless.

We are all in awe of your intelligence.  You rank right up there with mental giants such as Maxine Waters, Sheila Jackson Lee, and Debbie Wasserman Schultz.  I often wonder which of the three you are.  Care to come out of the closet?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 04:45:23 pm by anubias »

Offline SirLinksALot

The above looks like FAKE NEWS.

Here's another article that refutes the "story" ( note the quotes ):

http://wjla.com/news/nation-world/deputy-ag-rosenstein-im-not-quitting-didnt-threaten-to-quit-over-comey-firing

Deputy AG Rosenstein: 'I'm not quitting,' didn't threaten to quit over Comey firing

WASHINGTON (Sinclair Broadcast Group) - Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein said he's not quitting, nor did he threaten to quit over his role in the firing of FBI Director James Comey.

When asked by Sinclair Broadcast Group's Michelle Macaluso about reports that claim otherwise, he stated "no, I'm not quitting."

Macaluso: Did you threaten to quit?

Rosenstein: No.

The Washington Post reported Wednesday night that "Rosenstein threatened to resign after the narrative emerging from the White House on Tuesday evening cast him as a prime mover of the decision to fire Comey," citing an unnamed source close to the White House.

(CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST )
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 07:06:06 pm by SirLinksALot »