Author Topic: New Orleans Removes Confederate President Jefferson Davis Statue  (Read 2405 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
New Orleans Removes Confederate President Jefferson Davis Statue

by Alexander Smith

Authorities removed a statue of Confederate President Jefferson Davis in New Orleans early Thursday, as protesters both for and against the monument carried out tense protests nearby.

Following demonstrations and lengthy legal wrangles, the statue is one of four monuments relating to the Confederacy that's in the process of being removed by the Louisiana city.

Demonstrators carrying Confederate flags and chanting "President Davis" argued with protesters shouting "take 'em down" — referring to the monuments they see as totems of racism and white supremacy.

Police were forced to separate the two groups and there were reports of altercations. Some public transport was disrupted.

Continued: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/new-orleans-removes-confederate-president-jefferson-davis-statue-n757741

That first statue was the one that looks like it should be removed, read its descriptions below but the other 3 that are being removed represented historic figures, Jefferson Davis, Robert E. Lee and Beauregard:
“There are four prominent monuments in question. The Battle of Liberty Place monument, which was removed three weeks ago, was erected by the Crescent City White League to remember the deadly insurrection led by white supremacists against the City’s racially integrated police department and government. The statue coming down today is the Jefferson Davis statue on Jefferson Davis Parkway. The statues slated to come down next include the Robert E. Lee statue at Lee Circle and the P.G.T. Beauregard equestrian statue on Esplanade Avenue at the entrance to City Park.

Read more: http://thehayride.com/2017/05/insult-injury-read-triumphant-statement-mitch-landrieu-takes-jeff-davis/#ixzz4gn93PHTu

Cities in most cases, even like New Orleans, tend to lean left and be Democratic.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 05:21:28 pm by TomSea »

Offline Lando Lincoln

Re: New Orleans Removes Confederate President Jefferson Davis Statue
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 05:24:10 pm »
That is a desecration to our heritage.  Just my view.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 05:26:14 pm »
So those jackasses in New Orleans finally figured out it was embarrassing to have monuments for pathetic losers.

Silver Pines

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 07:51:13 pm »
The thing is, Confederate monuments are low-hanging fruit.  Once the left gets rid of them all,  they'll start in on monuments/memorials to Washington, Jefferson, etc.   It's all part of their intent to wipe out the history associated with those evil white slave owning founders and rewrite it as they see fit.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2017, 07:57:09 pm »
The thing is, Confederate monuments are low-hanging fruit.  Once the left gets rid of them all,  they'll start in on monuments/memorials to Washington, Jefferson, etc.   It's all part of their intent to wipe out the history associated with those evil white slave owning founders and rewrite it as they see fit.

No. This was a local matter where the Rats have run things since the beginning of time. Hell, a Landriue is the mayor of NO.

These are pointless monuments to losers that should have never been erected except for the fact that the South still has a chip on it shoulders about the "War of Northern Aggression".

Wingnut

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2017, 08:02:39 pm »
No. This was a local matter where the Rats have run things since the beginning of time. Hell, a Landriue is the mayor of NO.

These are pointless monuments to losers that should have never been erected except for the fact that the South still has a chip on it shoulders about the "War of Northern Aggression".

If'n we'd had enough bullets y'all would be dead.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2017, 08:05:11 pm »

@CatherineofAragon

Nailed it.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2017, 08:18:08 pm »

If'n we'd had enough bullets y'all would be dead.

I'll bet you did. That way you wouldn't have to deal with all the Northeastern transplants you got now.

Silver Pines

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2017, 08:24:02 pm »

@Frank Cannon

All of these Confederate monument issues are local, but the leftists all have the same hive mind and the same goals.  When they see an opportunity, they press it. 

Silver Pines

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2017, 08:25:16 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

Nailed it.

It's just not in the nature of the left to stop once they've gotten something they want.  They keep going for more.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2017, 08:32:30 pm »

The saddest part is that congress could easily end this simply by reminding America of the laws enacted by congress in the years following the war that granted confederate soldiers full status as American soldiers. In my mind that status transfers to monuments to confederate soldiers. In effect, removing those monuments is no different than removing monuments to Vietnam, Korean war, or WWII veterans.

Cities and states can do as they wish but I personally wish there was a national monument where these removed monuments both north and south could be placed, protected, and enjoyed by all.

I simply love the statues and don't care if they're confederate or union.

Silver Pines

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2017, 08:38:32 pm »
The saddest part is that congress could easily end this simply by reminding America of the laws enacted by congress in the years following the war that granted confederate soldiers full status as American soldiers. In my mind that status transfers to monuments to confederate soldiers. In effect, removing those monuments is no different than removing monuments to Vietnam, Korean war, or WWII veterans.

Cities and states can do as they wish but I personally wish there was a national monument where these removed monuments both north and south could be placed, protected, and enjoyed by all.

I simply love the statues and don't care if they're confederate or union.

Yeah, as much as I love my native South, it isn't in my interest to defend that particular rebellion.  However, men fought and died back then, and I won't help the left in its plan to wipe out our history.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2017, 08:43:09 pm »
Yeah, as much as I love my native South, it isn't in my interest to defend that particular rebellion.  However, men fought and died back then, and I won't help the left in its plan to wipe out our history.

Meanwhile in Seattle....

Silver Pines

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2017, 08:44:19 pm »
Meanwhile in Seattle....

My jaw dropped open.  I should be used to this crap by now.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2017, 08:53:50 pm »

My jaw dropped open.  I should be used to this crap by now.

I think we have an increasingly distorted view of the facts of history now. That's why I love reading things like Booker T Washington's "Up from slavery". It was written when the wounds were fresh but he was a lot more charitable toward the slave owners than we are today.

Silver Pines

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2017, 09:13:22 pm »
I think we have an increasingly distorted view of the facts of history now. That's why I love reading things like Booker T Washington's "Up from slavery". It was written when the wounds were fresh but he was a lot more charitable toward the slave owners than we are today.

Everything is seen through a prism of emotionalism/vengeance/tribalism or a combination of those.

Offline corbe

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2017, 09:24:45 pm »
   Mitch like his sister Mary Landrieu (Louisiana Purchase) are as corrupt as they come, He couldn't even beat Ray 'Chocolate City' Nagin in 2006 when it was apparent to all how corrupt HE was.  I moved back to Texas in 92 from Nawlins, the French Quarter was a shooting gallery even back then.  I hear it's much worse now.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2017, 09:32:54 pm »
Meanwhile in Seattle....

Meanwhile in Arkansas and Detroit...

WEEP, America. Weep for your children

« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 09:34:48 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2017, 09:48:48 pm »
The more they trash the symbols of the Confederacy, the more they trash those descendants of those who live there. 

This is about in-your-face control over you.

After Lee's statue is taken down, the way is paved for these radicals to take down the house Lee live in - at Arlington National Cemetery- as it too is a racist symbol.  Maybe even try to excavate the tombs buried there to be relocated in a more 'deserving' place.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2017, 09:52:45 pm »
Everything is seen through a prism of emotionalism/vengeance/tribalism or a combination of those.

Booker T Washington showed far more compassion for former slave owners than he did for former slaves. He pointed out that the former slaves were used to hard work and didn't have any good reason for laziness while many slave owners had never learned to labor to care for themselves.

He spoke with disgust of those blacks who learned to write their own name and immediately decided that it qualified them to be a teacher, preacher, or politician. He found a great deal of corruption among those minimally educated blacks in positions of power.

He also spoke highly of those poor "ignorant" blacks who showed up with a sack with a few tools. They were the best students because they intended to pay their own way come hell or high water.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2017, 09:54:04 pm »

They have said as much and proudly stated that is their goal on a national level.

And statues to Lenin, Obama and Marx will replace the ones they tear down.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2017, 09:58:09 pm »
@Frank Cannon

All of these Confederate monument issues are local, but the leftists all have the same hive mind and the same goals.  When they see an opportunity, they press it.

Well then move to that city and run for mayor. I really don't give two damns what a city does or doesn't do with their antiquities. I have my own state and community to worry about and if everyone would follow that rule instead of looking to DC to step in the country would be in far better shape.

Silver Pines

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2017, 11:34:51 pm »
Booker T Washington showed far more compassion for former slave owners than he did for former slaves. He pointed out that the former slaves were used to hard work and didn't have any good reason for laziness while many slave owners had never learned to labor to care for themselves.

He spoke with disgust of those blacks who learned to write their own name and immediately decided that it qualified them to be a teacher, preacher, or politician. He found a great deal of corruption among those minimally educated blacks in positions of power.

He also spoke highly of those poor "ignorant" blacks who showed up with a sack with a few tools. They were the best students because they intended to pay their own way come hell or high water.

@Cripplecreek

He was a rare man.

Silver Pines

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2017, 11:36:11 pm »
They have said as much and proudly stated that is their goal on a national level.

And statues to Lenin, Obama and Marx will replace the ones they tear down.

@INVAR

Check out the picture @Cripplecreek posted above.

Silver Pines

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2017, 11:38:59 pm »

Well then move to that city and run for mayor. I really don't give two damns what a city does or doesn't do with their antiquities. I have my own state and community to worry about and if everyone would follow that rule instead of looking to DC to step in the country would be in far better shape.

@Frank Cannon

Well, hell, Frank, earlier you were glad the monuments were coming down.  Now you don't give a damn?

I don't have to run for office to air my opinion, and I'm not looking for Washington to do anything.  I'm expressing my frustration with some of us who unwittingly side with the leftists who want to destroy our history.