Author Topic: Trump will likely win reelection in 2020  (Read 918 times)

Online corbe

Trump will likely win reelection in 2020
« on: May 11, 2017, 01:59:33 am »

Musa al-Gharbi, Columbia University |
  May 10, 2017  | Updated: May 10, 2017 8:32pm

Musa al-Gharbi, Columbia University

(THE CONVERSATION) Most Americans don’t like Trump.

Trump will most likely be reelected in 2020.

How can both of these statements be true? Here’s how:

Even when people are unhappy with a state of affairs, they are usually disinclined to change it. In my area of research, the cognitive and behavioral sciences, this is known as the “default effect.”

Software and entertainment companies exploit this tendency to empower programs to collect as much data as possible from consumers, or to keep us glued to our seats for “one more episode” of a streaming show. Overall, only 5 percent of users ever change these settings, despite widespread concerns about how companies might be using collected information or manipulating people’s choices.

The default effect also powerfully shapes U.S. politics.

Franklin D. Roosevelt was elected to four consecutive terms as president of the United States, serving from the Great Depression to World War II. To prevent future leaders from possibly holding and consolidating power indefinitely, the 22nd Amendment was passed, limiting subsequent officeholders to a maximum of two terms.

Eleven presidents have been elected since then.

Eight of these administrations won a renewed mandate: Harry Truman, Dwight Eisenhower, John F. Kennedy/Lyndon Johnson, Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush and Barack Obama.

Even the three single-term aberrations largely underscore the incumbency norm.

Had Ford won in 1976, it would marked three consecutive terms for the GOP. If George H.W. Bush had won in 1996, it would have meant four consecutive Republican terms.

Since 1932, only once has a party held the White House for less than eight years: the administration of Democrat Jimmy Carter from 1976 to 1980.

Therefore, it’s a big deal that Trump is now the default in American politics. Simply by virtue of this, he is likely to be reelected.

<..snip..>

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/article/Trump-will-likely-win-reelection-in-2020-11137422.php

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

Re: Trump will likely win reelection in 2020
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 02:02:21 am »
  This should satisfy my promise I made to @Weird Tolkienish Figure this morning and prove to all that I am capable of posting pro-Trump crap, now excuse me I have to go to Wal-Mart and buy a new Keyboard and Mouse after I shower and scrub my fingers.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DB

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 02:13:23 am »
We'll see if any Republicans get elected after the circus leaves town.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 02:36:03 am »
There is a better than 50% chance he gets reelected. He will have a TON of money. He knows how to run a lean effective campaign. Unless they get rid of the electoral college, I do not see the election map changing in the slightest. The Rats have a bucket of shit to pick from as a candidate.

We live in a sharply divided country and nothing is going to change that in 4 years.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2017, 02:43:20 am »
 Musa al-Gharbi, Columbia University |
  May 10, 2017  | Updated: May 10, 2017 8:32pm

. . . If George H.W. Bush had won in 1996, it would have meant four consecutive Republican terms.
First President Lips would have had to win re-election in 1992, al-Garble. And he'd have been ineligible to run in 1996.

*smh*

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2017, 05:52:05 pm »
Depends on the Democrats, IMO.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2017, 05:57:22 pm »
If George H.W. Bush had won in 1996, it would have meant four consecutive Republican terms.

No. It would have been 5 consecutive GOP terms and totally ILLEGAL you musi simpleton. Now go back to Al Jazeera and spew your America hate to your 2 remaining terrorist viewers.