Author Topic: Trump pressed Comey to pledge his loyalty: report  (Read 2978 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Trump pressed Comey to pledge his loyalty: report
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2017, 03:26:05 pm »
In business it's fine. As President, it's disturbing, and should be.

People wanted a non-politician and then whine when he does non-politician stuff.

buncha snowflakes
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2017, 03:28:51 pm »
People wanted a non-politician and then whine when he does non-politician stuff.

buncha snowflakes

This is the sort of idiotic answer I've come to expect from the Trumpkins.

You don't have any problem with a President making the director of the FBI swear to a loyalty oath to the President?

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2017, 03:30:11 pm »

buncha snowflakes

IMHO, "adhering to the Constitution" is decidedly non-politician stuff. The Constitution was written to protect the country from politicians. Demanding loyalty from federal employees is "politician stuff"...just ask Corrine Brown, convicted yesterday of over 15 counts of tax fraud and other assorted misdeeds.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2017, 03:30:26 pm »

You don't have any problem with a President making the director of the FBI swear to a loyalty oath to the President?

In this case the non politician is pulling non American stuff.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2017, 03:48:58 pm »
Try as I might, I cannot find pledging "loyalty to the President" in any oath of office I've ever taken, be it as an officer in the military, or federal civilian employee.

I'm definitely on the outside looking in. The only "team" I can think of that I'm a member of is outside the "Trump Circle" on TBR.

How Trumpsters can justify this is beyond me.

We warned this would happen.  But everyone kept shouting how we needed a 'businessman' and 'an outsider' and didn't give a crap that the guy has been a lifelong NYC Liberal Democrat INSIDER all his life, and all he knows is how to be CEO/dictator of his commercial enterprise. accountable to no one but himself.

So why should any of us be surprised when the same guy demands loyalty like Don Corleone as Godfather to the Nation?
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2017, 03:57:40 pm »
Let me know when you have proof that Trump actually did this.  Otherwise it's total BS.

People that look at the facts concerning Comey's dismissal of the email case, agree he did it wrong.

People that look at the timeline, notice Hillary did her wrongdoing BEFORE trump even ran.

People that are obsessed with Trump, display their obsession by ignoring all or most facts, over and over.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2017, 03:58:08 pm »
We warned this would happen.  But everyone kept shouting how we needed a 'businessman' and 'an outsider' and didn't give a crap that the guy has been a lifelong NYC Liberal Democrat INSIDER all his life, and all he knows is how to be CEO/dictator of his commercial enterprise. accountable to no one but himself.

So why should any of us be surprised when the same guy demands loyalty like Don Corleone as Godfather to the Nation?

I don't think any of us "never Trumpers" are surprised. I'm too lazy to look back into my posting history, but I posited that Trump is the real life version of "Mr. Thompson" in Atlas Shrugged. Is Steve Bannon "Floyd Ferris"?
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2017, 04:07:46 pm »

I've never been a fan of the old canard that Govt should be run like a business.

They're fundamentally different beginning with the fact that in business the man at the top is the boss. In government the man at the top is an employee of the citizens. Business should provide goods and services while maximizing profits and hiring employees. Govt should provide minimal profits, no goods, seek to operate on minimal money and provide only the most essential jobs.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2017, 04:12:08 pm »
I like that old Carl Sagan Marcello Truzzi quote: "extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof".

Yes, Sagan stole it.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2017, 04:16:16 pm »

@Weird Tolkienish Figure
So you think this is the first time a President has asked a political appointee to get on board and be a team player?   Sounds like your the idiot.   I don't hear any of you calling for Hillarys prosecution.   Or an investigation of Lynch.   No you just want to sit and whine about every little thing Trump does.   Yes Trump is an ass and yes he a far cry from Conservative.   He's still better then Hillary and he's appointed some fine people to positions running this country.

You people are a bunch of useless snowflakes who are rushing into irrelevancy.

@INVAR @Cripplecreek

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2017, 04:20:05 pm »
I've never been a fan of the old canard that Govt should be run like a business.

They're fundamentally different beginning with the fact that in business the man at the top is the boss. In government the man at the top is an employee of the citizens. Business should provide goods and services while maximizing profits and hiring employees. Govt should provide minimal profits, no goods, seek to operate on minimal money and provide only the most essential jobs.

@Cripplecreek
That wasn't a reference that the govt should be run like a business.

It was a statement that people tend to behave in a manner consistent with their core values and prior life.   Trump has been a crappy business man who excels at sales and marketing.   He's never had to answer for his mistakes.  We are seeing that same behavior.

Voters said they wanted a non-politician.   Thats what they have but they expect him to act all polished like a career politician.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2017, 04:29:25 pm »
You people are a bunch of useless snowflakes who are rushing into irrelevancy.

Wrong.

You have supported a lifelong NYC Liberal Democrat who only knows how to rule as a dictator, demanding adoration and loyalty, who is single-handedly (with Apologist help) rushing Conservatism into irrelevancy.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 04:30:21 pm by INVAR »

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2017, 04:36:18 pm »
Let me know when you have proof that Trump actually did this.  Otherwise it's total BS.

^^^^  This!  We have a story in NYT, and no proof it was said.  In all likelihood it came from Comey himself, who has every incentive to lie about it, and reported by NYT who has every incentive to report the lie as fact.

Key line I pulled from the NYT account:

The conversation that night in January, Mr. Comey now believes, was a harbinger of his downfall this week as head of the F.B.I., according to two people who have heard his account of the dinner.

Please note my highlighted section.  This entire story is based on Comey's account of the conversation that was one-on-one.  As has been said upthread, people have gravitated to two camps of what is believed, based on their side in the Trump Wars.  I don't have a side, and I say this story is total BS, based on the account I found after drilling down into the story.

Edited to add:  Another sentence from the NYT story.

As described by the two people, the dinner offers a window into Mr. Trump’s approach to the presidency, through Mr. Comey’s eyes.

We're being played by The Hill and the NYT.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 04:48:36 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2017, 04:38:10 pm »
Wrong.

You have supported a lifelong NYC Liberal Democrat who only knows how to rule as a dictator, demanding adoration and loyalty, who is single-handedly (with Apologist help) rushing Conservatism into irrelevancy.

@INVAR

Wrong, I supported the bonehead who was gonna keep hillary out of the oval office.    People like you are doing enough damage to Conservatism that Trump doesn't even get a honorable mention on that.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2017, 04:40:13 pm »
^^^^  This!  We have a story in NYT, and no proof it was said.  In all likelihood it came from Comey himself, who has every incentive to lie about it, and reported by NYT who has every incentive to report the lie as fact.

Key line I pulled from the NYT account:

Please note my highlighted section.  This entire story is based on Comey's account of the conversation that was one-on-one.  As has been said upthread, people have gravitated to two camps of what is believed, based on their side in the Trump Wars.  I don't have a side, and I say this story is total BS, based on the account I found after drilling down into the story.

@Cyber Liberty

Comey doesn't say anything which doesn't fit his agenda.   If it doesn't fit then he just says thats "classified" and wont talk about it.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2017, 04:52:04 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Comey doesn't say anything which doesn't fit his agenda.   If it doesn't fit then he just says thats "classified" and wont talk about it.

He has also been caught outright lying.  His testimony to Congress last week, for example.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2017, 05:02:56 pm »
People like you are doing enough damage to Conservatism....

Explain how I am doing that precisely.  Please, share with the entire board how it is that our refusal to genuflect Trump is damaging Conservatism.  I want to hear your reasoning on that.

Offline Mod1

« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2017, 05:08:17 pm »
Bact to the topic, please!  This thread has become just another front in the arguments about Trump!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2017, 05:19:30 pm »
   As far as I'm concerned they're both Liars so it's a wash here as to who to believe.
I just want to know if he turned him down a third time before the cock crowed...  :whistle:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis