Author Topic: Comey refused preview of Senate testimony to Trump: report  (Read 1469 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Comey refused preview of Senate testimony to Trump: report
By Mark Hensch - 05/10/17 06:39 PM EDT

Former FBI Director James Comey angered President Trump by refusing to let him preview his recent Senate testimony, according to a new report.

Trump and his aides considered Comey’s move an act of insubordination, Reuters reported Wednesday.

White House officials told Reuters that Trump, Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein requested a preview from Comey.

more
http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/fbi/332856-comey-wouldnt-preview-senate-testimony-to-trump-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Comey refused preview of Senate testimony to Trump: report
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 11:38:06 pm »

He has been very calculating about wishing to be a famous, notorious figure. He'll make the history books.

He'll get recruited by several DC legal partnerships, and live on happily with high 6 figure or greater income. Plus books and speeches, joining the Clintons and the Obamas.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 12:28:06 pm »
He has been very calculating about wishing to be a famous, notorious figure. He'll make the history books.

He'll get recruited by several DC legal partnerships, and live on happily with high 6 figure or greater income. Plus books and speeches, joining the Clintons and the Obamas.

He likes to control information and the power that comes from it.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 12:29:31 pm »
Why should he???
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2017, 12:40:13 pm »

Or....end up like Vince.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2017, 12:43:43 pm »
Why should he???

It would have been witness tampering if he had.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2017, 12:45:35 pm »
It would have been witness tampering if he had.

That is what I'm thinking.. I agree that Comey should have be fired, but he should fired him at the beginning of his term or at the end of the Russian investigation. 
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2017, 12:56:29 pm »

That is what I'm thinking.. I agree that Comey should have be fired, but he should fired him at the beginning of his term or at the end of the Russian investigation.

Obama should have fired Comey when he was leaking info about Clinton. Trump and friends would have gone ballistic over it because at that point Trump was calling Comey brave and "gutsy".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQiW8rFgbCk

The thing that irritates me the most about this is that both sides have completely flipped and are screaming that the other side are hypocrites. The fact is that both sides are lying hypocrites and both are as deep in the gutter as they can get.

I'm half tempted to go back and dig up some of the threads posted here at TBR praising Comey for his heroism.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2017, 01:01:24 pm »
Obama should have fired Comey when he was leaking info about Clinton. Trump and friends would have gone ballistic over it because at that point Trump was calling Comey brave and "gutsy".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQiW8rFgbCk

The thing that irritates me the most about this is that both sides have completely flipped and are screaming that the other side are hypocrites. The fact is that both sides are lying hypocrites and both are as deep in the gutter as they can get.

I'm half tempted to go back and dig up some of the threads posted here at TBR praising Comey for his heroism.

I agree and you should.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2017, 01:18:26 pm »

I agree and you should.

A Trump timeline is fun.

OCTOBER 28, 2016 - The day Comey announced the FBI was investigating new Clinton emails

"The FBI - after discovering new emails, is re-opening their investigation into Hillary Clinton," Trump said at a rally in Manchester, New Hampshire. "I have great respect for the FBI for righting this wrong."

OCTOBER 31, 2016 - Trump holds a rally in Grand Rapids, MI

"You know that. It took a lot of guts. I really disagreed with him. I was not his fan," Trump said of Comey. "I tell you what, what he did, he brought back his reputation. He brought it back. He's got to hang tough. A lot of people want him to do the wrong thing. What he did was the right thing."

NOVEMBER 13, 2016 - Trump's '60 Minutes' interview with Lesley Stahl

"I respect him a lot. I respect the FBI a lot," Trump said.

During the interview, Stahl asked if Trump wanted Comey gone when he came into office, to which Trump replied that he wasn't sure. He said despite what he perceived as "leaks" coming from the FBI, he wanted to speak with Comey before answering that kind of question.

JANUARY 22, 2017 - Trump attends a law enforcement reception on his second full day as president

"He's become more famous than me," Trump said of Comey to a crowd at a reception.

Before making the comment, Trump called out to Comey, who was in the crowd. Comey approached Trump who shook his hand before embracing him in a hug.

FEBRUARY 24, 2017 - Trump slams the FBI on Twitter for failing to stop 'leaks'

"The FBI is totally unable to stop the national security 'leakers' that have permeated our government for a long time. They can't even find the leakers within the FBI itself. Classified information is being given to media that could have a devastating effect on U.S. FIND NOW," Trump wrote on Twitter.

APRIL 12, 2017 - Trump's interview with Fox Business' Maria Bartiromo

"It's not too late [to ask Comey to step down], but, you know, I have confidence in him. We'll see what happens, you know, it's going to be interesting," Trump said.

MAY 2, 2017 - Trump tweets Comey was 'best thing' that ever happened to Clinton

"FBI Director Comey was the best thing that ever happened to Hillary Clinton in that he gave her a free pass for many bad deeds! The phony Trump/Russia story was an excuse used by the Democrats as justification for losing the election. Perhaps Trump just ran a great campaign?" Trump wrote in a tweet.

MAY 9, 2017 - Trump dismisses Comey on the advice of Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein

"While I greatly appreciate you informing me, on three separate occasions, that I am not under investigation, I nevertheless concur with the judgment of the Department of Justice that you are not able to effectively lead the Bureau," Trump wrote in Comey's dismissal letter.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/here-s-timeline-trump-s-statements-comey-n757416

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2017, 04:49:53 pm »
Why should he???

Well, Trump *is* his boss. If he didn't have anything damning on Trump, then it makes sense to brief your boss on what you are up to.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2017, 05:04:59 pm »
Well, Trump *is* his boss. If he didn't have anything damning on Trump, then it makes sense to brief your boss on what you are up to.

Trump was his boss, however, the head of the FIB should be non partisan. Especially if he is doing an investigation.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2017, 05:11:38 pm »

Trump was his boss, however, the head of the FIB should be non partisan. Especially if he is doing an investigation.

See? That's the problem. There is a belief nowadays that the presidency is a partisan office when it comes to ALL functions. When it comes to law enforcement, if the president is not being investigated, he should be allowed in the loop.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!