Author Topic: United Airlines Gate Agent Objects to Passenger's Filming Her, Cancels His Ticket  (Read 1261 times)

Offline Polly Ticks

United Airlines Gate Agent Objects to Passenger's Filming Her, Cancels His Ticket

"You do not have my permission to videotape."

Those were the words uttered by a United Airlines gate agent at New Orleans airport last Saturday. And they led to another very awkward incident for the airline.

Navang Oza says he was flying back to San Francisco when he was surprised to discover the baggage fee being charged had more than doubled. He told NBC Bay Area that the same bag that cost him $125 to check on the way out would now cost him $300.

So he began to film the gate agent.

https://www.inc.com/chris-matyszczyk/united-airlines-gate-agent-objects-to-passenger-filming-her-cancels-his-ticket.html
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I've seen gate agents call security as a response to being filmed.  Said the passenger was threatening her.   

The supervisor showed up and had a cooler head.   If not for witnesses (me) the guy probably would have gone to jail.   
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

geronl

More awesome airline PR

geronl

Navang Oza says he was flying back to San Francisco when he was surprised to discover the baggage fee being charged had more than doubled. He told NBC Bay Area that the same bag that cost him $125 to check on the way out would now cost him $300.

One bag? whut? I'd take the bus.

Offline Polly Ticks

One bag? whut? I'd take the bus.

I know, right??  What did he have in that one bag?  Bricks?

In any case, it seems the UA rank-and-file employees haven't gotten the PR/customer-service memo from Oscar yet.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline corbe

More UNITED PR! @geronl

A woman said she was forced to pee in a cup at her seat on a United Airlines flight

by Circa News
May 10, 2017

A nurse from Kansas City claims that she was forced to pee in a cup in her seat because attendants on a United Airlines flight would not allow her to use the restroom, The Charlotte Observer reported.

Nicole Harper took to Facebook to complain about her treatment after not being able to get a representative of United on the phone.

“United Airlines refuses to take my call, now I can’t sleep and just keep thinking about how wrong this is,” Harper wrote.

Harper shared her story on Facebook.

Nicole Harper
on Saturday.

United Airlines forced me to pee in a cup, and then shames me...

I wasn't sure I wanted to share this story... but #UnitedAirlines refuses to take my call, now I can't sleep and just keep thinking about how wrong this situation was. I really don't want to be known as the 'girl who peed in a cup' but if telling my story shakes #United a little more than so be it!! Anyone who knows me, knows my overactive bladder, here's another story to add to the books.
 "On the same day Unite...
Harper said the flight attendants would not allow her to go and use the lavatory because the pilot had not turned off the seat belt sign.

“After explaining that I have an overactive bladder and would either need to use the restroom or pee in a cup, I was handed a cup by flight attendants,” Harper wrote on Facebook.

Harper went on to criticize the attendants for shaming her by saying they would be filing a report and speaking to the pilot after landing. They also told Harper that they would have to call a hazmat team to clean up the entire row despite Harper saying there was no mess.

<..snip..>

http://circa.com/circa-now/happening/woman-claims-she-was-forced-to-pee-in-cup-on-united-flight
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm surprised the TSA sexually assaulting passengers didn't bring down the air travel house of cards.  Maybe these stories will....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

A woman said she was forced to pee in a cup at her seat on a United Airlines flight

Maybe it's just me, but if  I am pissed off, and holding a cup of piss, the person I am mad at will not like the outcome.

Online mountaineer

Harper said the flight attendants would not allow her to go and use the lavatory because the pilot had not turned off the seat belt sign.
Well, duh.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Lots of things are better today than they were 30 years ago.  Other things were way better before than today.

Offline rodamala

I know, right??  What did he have in that one bag?  Bricks?

In any case, it seems the UA rank-and-file employees haven't gotten the PR/customer-service memo from Oscar yet.

I was flying out of DFW a day after receiving Oscar's letter.  I was obligated to approach the woman at the gate and offer my seat up, with the understanding that they would give me $10,000 that Oscar wrote of in his letter.  She smiled and thanked me for my generous offer.

Offline rodamala

Lots of things are better today than they were 30 years ago.  Other things were way better before than today.

@Hondo69

Wow, Southwest really has gone down the tubes.  For flight attendants these days, apparently it's all "Gays, Grannies and Grandes":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dLS8_xM2LI

« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 12:12:58 pm by rodamala »

Wingnut

Maybe it's just me, but if  I am pissed off, and holding a cup of piss, the person I am mad at will not like the outcome.

Yes.  It is better to be pissed off than pissed on...