Author Topic: Why An Independent Commission On Russia is Coming  (Read 523 times)

Offline corbe

Why An Independent Commission On Russia is Coming
« on: May 10, 2017, 03:51:39 pm »
Why An Independent Commission On Russia is Coming

By Ed Willing  |  May 10, 2017, 11:42am  |  @EddieWilling

So far, it seems a split is growing in the GOP over the president, and some are just tired of spinning stories and avoiding questions, every day. No, I’m not going to add to the flood of Comey articles that abound in the wake of his odd firing, I just want to summarize the change in weather patterns.

Within hours of Comey’s firing, Congressman and House Freedom Caucus member Justin Amash (R-MI) called the president’s letter “bizarre.” Senator Jeff Flake (R-AZ) lamented that he “just can’t… find an acceptable rationale for the timing,” while Senator Richard Burr (R-NC) echoed that sentiment, saying “I am troubled by the timing and reasoning.” Senator Ben Sasse (R-NE) also called it “very troubling,” as Senator John McCain (R-AZ) said it only confirmed the need for an independent investigation.

We’ll see how this plays out.

However, something does seem to being missed in this constantly changing news cycle: the political winds are shifting toward establishing an independent commission to investigate the Russia’s election meddling. In Rep. Amash’s tweet about the president’s “bizarre” letter, he himself said his staff is “reviewing legislation to establish an independent commission on Russia.” Meanwhile, both Senators McCain and Lindsay Graham called for one a month ago.

Regardless of where this latest storm lands, far too many questions exist to ignore. And, the Senators just want answers.

It’s probably for the best, since confidence in either side appears to be stretched thin, although the Senate hearings have been full of mutual admiration for civility and “bipartisanship.” Unfortunately, it’s turned CSPAN into MTV Real Life for political junkies like us, and a source of fodder for the president’s twitter feed. An independent commission could work mostly out of the sight of cameras and able to focus on their work.

<..snip..>

http://theresurgent.com/why-an-independent-commission-on-russia-is-coming/

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Why An Independent Commission On Russia is Coming
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 04:03:50 pm »
Changing weather patterns?

Within hours of Comey’s firing, Congressman and House Freedom Caucus member Justin Amash (R-MI) called the president’s letter “bizarre.” Senator Jeff Flake (R-AZ) lamented that he “just can’t… find an acceptable rationale for the timing,” while Senator Richard Burr (R-NC) echoed that sentiment, saying “I am troubled by the timing and reasoning.” Senator Ben Sasse (R-NE) also called it “very troubling,” as Senator John McCain (R-AZ) said it only confirmed the need for an independent investigation.

All those dudes hated Trump, hate Trump and will always hate Trump.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Why An Independent Commission On Russia is Coming
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 04:58:32 pm »
The only way I'd even consider an independent commissions is if the Democrats relations with the Russians during the Iran deal were on the table to be investigated. Hillary's uranium deal too.
The Republic is lost.