Author Topic: Breaking: Reactor Tunnel Collapse; Fear Radioactive Particles Released…  (Read 3881 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
A reactor tunnel has collapsed at a nuclear site in Washington, forcing hundreds of workers to “take cover” and find “secure ventilation.”

The plutonium uranium extraction tunnel at the Hanford Nuclear Reservation did not have workers in it at the time of collapse. All workers on site have been evacuated and workers further away have been told to remain indoors.

King5 News is reporting that a manager sent a message to all personnel telling them to “secure ventilation in your building” and “refrain from eating or drinking.”

The tunnel was full of highly contaminated materials such as hot radioactive trains that transport fuel rods. It connects to a PUREX (plutonium uranium extraction) building...

Read more at: http://thefederalistpapers.org/us/breaking-reactor-tunnel-collapse-fear-radioactive-particles-released?utm_source=FBLC&utm_medium=FB&utm_campaign=LC
The Republic is lost.

Wingnut

Tisk tisk.  That open pit where the tunnel used to be is safer than riding in James Comey's Mini Cooper.

Online roamer_1

For those who don't know, Hanford is along the Columbia River... Kinda Yakima/Walla Walla

Southern Idaho briefers might want to pay mind
@bigheadfred
@Idaho_Cowboy
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 01:52:27 am by roamer_1 »

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
For those who don't know, Hanford is along the Columbia River... Kinda Yakima/Walla Walla

Southern Idaho briefers might want to pay mind
@bigheadfred
@Idaho_Cowboy

Thanks for the heads up. Looking at GOES satellite the weather movement is straight across the panhandle to you.

http://www.goes.noaa.gov/
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online roamer_1

Thanks for the heads up. Looking at GOES satellite the weather movement is straight across the panhandle to you.

http://www.goes.noaa.gov/

Oh, swell.

Offline Joe Wooten

The federal government's kicking the can down the road on Hanford and the other old weapons production/research sites has finally come to it's natural conclusion. I was not expecting that tunnel to collapse, but one of the liquid waste tanks to finally corrode through and dump its contents all over the ground and into the river. We have spent a LOT of money and not gotten much results on the cleanup activities on that site.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
The federal government's kicking the can down the road on Hanford and the other old weapons production/research sites has finally come to it's natural conclusion. I was not expecting that tunnel to collapse, but one of the liquid waste tanks to finally corrode through and dump its contents all over the ground and into the river. We have spent a LOT of money and not gotten much results on the cleanup activities on that site.

They have done some cleanup out here at the INL. We took a tour when I was an engineering student to one of the facilities. They had a running reactor with view ports in the top (the floor) so you could gaze inside. Nice bright blue glow.

I was talking to the secretary at the glass store where we get our glass and mirrors. She told me her husband was trying to invent a water purifying system. So he is taking samples of the area water constantly. She said he claims there is plutonium in our water here. Which doesn't surprise me. But whether it is from the site, or from something residual from Yellowstone I couldn't say.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley