Author Topic: Obama: 'You get the politicians you deserve'  (Read 567 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama: 'You get the politicians you deserve'
« on: May 09, 2017, 10:08:19 pm »

Obama: 'You get the politicians you deserve'

By Madeline Conway

05/09/17 10:01 AM EDT

Former President Barack Obama, speaking to an audience in Italy on Tuesday, urged citizens to participate in democracy and warned that “you get the politicians you deserve.”

“People have a tendency to blame politicians when things don't work, but as I always tell people, you get the politicians you deserve,” Obama said, to loud applause. “And if you don't vote and you don't pay attention, you'll get policies that don't reflect your interest.”

Obama was speaking in Milan at a summit on food innovation. He has spoken broadly about the democratic process in a handful of public appearances since the end of his tenure, and he devoted his good-bye address in Chicago to democracy and urging Americans to engage in politics.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/09/obama-you-get-the-politicians-you-deserve-238150
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline anubias

Re: Obama: 'You get the politicians you deserve'
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 10:14:41 pm »
I can't imagine what we did to ever "deserve" Obama.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 12:59:12 am »
I can't imagine what we did to ever "deserve" Obama.

:beer:  I was wondering the same thing; we couldn't have possibly done anything that bad!!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline anubias

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 01:30:46 am »
:beer:  I was wondering the same thing; we couldn't have possibly done anything that bad!!

I can't think of anything bad enough to merit us that POS.  We must have all had a blackout drunk.