Author Topic: Bearing Arms editor Bob Owens dead from apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound  (Read 2920 times)

Offline mirraflake

At least he had the decency to do it outside of the house so as to not inconvenience his wife and children with the messy clean-up job and the memory of seeing his brains splattered across the Martha Stewart kingsize bed and freshly painted  mustard colored bedroom walls and newly installed taupe plush Karastan frieze carpeting.

The local guy when he found out he had terminal cancer offed himself at the local state park in the woods.

@CatherineofAragon

Offline Mod2

We don't normally attempt to direct conversation.

I will, however, give you all a reminder that one of our members is currently dealing with the aftermath of suicide, so please consider that in your responses.

Offline mirraflake

And that's baffling. Some guy who has more to live for than do most of us will suddenly off himself.

I have seen that over the years..hot wife or successful husband, no money issues, good health, no marriage issues  and then commit suicide.

And some people have it worse than Job and still go on.

@endicom
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 09:16:58 pm by mirraflake »

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I think you'll find, @Jazzhead, that many here believe a person has the right to decide when to take another's life, but not his own.

@Suppressed

Only When said person represents a threat.  But u knew that
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The method does not matter. The reason does not matter. Ending life is God's job.

This selfish idea, that the person is a victim, that they have reason enough to off themselves is not a valid justification. It is not convincing to me.

Depression is common on my father's side, but nobody killed themselves. The "victims" of the selfishness of suicide are the surviving family members.

I guess we have a lot of situational pro-lifers here. Besides, suicide is a permanent solution, for a temporary problem.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 09:38:59 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

rangerrebew

Perhaps he killed himself, just like Vince Foster except Foster didn't use his dominant hand. :pondering:

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
We don't normally attempt to direct conversation.

I will, however, give you all a reminder that one of our members is currently dealing with the aftermath of suicide, so please consider that in your responses.
888high58888
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Frank Cannon

No, but he left his wife and two young daughters in a very bad condition.

Yeah, but he also could have left them in very bad condition by running up massive gambling debts, picking up a heroin habit or running off to Belize with the Puerto Rican maid.

Life sucks.

Offline Frank Cannon

Perhaps he killed himself, just like Vince Foster except Foster didn't use his dominant hand. :pondering:

So you are saying Hitlary did it? She does have a lot of time on her hands now.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
General disapproval?  Sure, but it might be more effective if the means for instant death weren't in the households of millions of Americans.   

I am not arguing against the Second Amendment, this is not something where the laws need to change.   But let's face reality - people who want to off themselves most frequently use a gun to do it.   It's just so quick and convenient, and once the trigger is pulled there's no going back.   

There are many who've rationally decided not to have a gun in the house for exactly this reason.   
If someone has made the decision to suicide, they will accomplish by whatever means is expedient, blaming a gun is lame and irrational, you don't like em, fine don't have one. People suicide by jumping, drugs, car, drowning, hanging, all are expedient and at hand and a number are less scary or painful than shooting oneself.

Wingnut

There are many who've rationally decided not to have a gun in the house for exactly this reason.   

Yep.  Liberal Bleeps pretending to be conservatives.  You know....just like you

Offline roamer_1

I think you'll find, @Jazzhead, that many here believe a person has the right to decide when to take another's life, but not his own.

I think you would be entirely incorrect in that assumption.
Taking ANY life is an awful thing - and I say that as a hunter and trapper.
Taking life by necessity, often must be done.
But the only reason for taking human life is just cause or due process.
Which includes war, self defense, and the defense of others... the lion's share of why any here would choose to take a human life.

Suicide is not included among just causes or due process.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 11:14:26 pm by roamer_1 »