Author Topic: 18-year-olds to still be allowed to strip in LA under amended bill  (Read 492 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Older teenagers will still be allowed to work as strippers in Louisiana, after the "stripper age requirement bill" was amended before passing out of a state senate committee today.

The changes keep the minimum age to work as an exotic dancer at 18, instead of raising it to 21.

The bill does put new requirements on strip clubs, including requiring their employees receive training on how to spot human trafficking. Senator J.P. Morrell (D-New Orleans) offered the change to Senator Ronnie Johns' (R-Lake Charles) bill.

"I'm sure he's willing to work with anyone to try and make this as clean as possible to address the human trafficking," Morrell said. "That's what we're both interested in trying to deal with."

More: http://www.wwl.com/articles/18-year-olds-still-be-allowed-strip-la-under-amended-bill

*****rollingeyes*****
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: 18-year-olds to still be allowed to strip in LA under amended bill
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 04:15:54 am »
Since the marryin' age is 13 down there, that is going to put a lot of housewives out of work.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Re: 18-year-olds to still be allowed to strip in LA under amended bill
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 07:02:42 am »
Q: If human trafficking is the problem why not pass a human trafficking bill instead of a strip club bill?

A: Because politicians can't help themselves, bait and switch is in their DNA.