Author Topic: Domino’s Delivery Driver Suspended After Successfully Thwarting Armed Robbery  (Read 727 times)

rangerrebew

Domino’s Delivery Driver Suspended After Successfully Thwarting Armed Robbery

Posted at 11:17 am on May 8, 2017 by Jenn Jacques

It must be hell to be a delivery driver for Domino’s Pizza. Drunk frat parties, crummy tips, driving in inclement weather and operating under the fear that defending your life could get your suspended or fired.

https://bearingarms.com/jenn-j/2017/05/08/dominos-delivery-driver-suspended-successfully-thwarting-robbery/?utm_source=badaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 11:25:46 am by rangerrebew »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Sad that the driver might face criminal charges, too, even though it sounds like a clear cut case of self defense against armed robbers.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 12:04:46 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I worked for them when I was younger and made good money.  Only had 1 robbery attempt which stopped when I said I was gonna kill him.  The half clothed drunk ladies were nice
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Wingnut

I could be wrong but IIRC There is no weapons registration laws in Texas, so the firearm does not have to be 'licensed'.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I could be wrong but IIRC There is no weapons registration laws in Texas, so the firearm does not have to be 'licensed'.

I think they're trying to say that the handgun carrier needs to be.  I don't think that a state law, may be a local one.

Police also confirmed the delivery driver does not possess a handgun license and could face a charge of unlawfully carrying a weapon.

Offline Frank Cannon

This must be a new trend. We just had a Dominos guy robbed in a shitty section of town this weekend. They better start putting the old signs back on the cars....

Wingnut

I think they're trying to say that the handgun carrier needs to be.  I don't think that a state law, may be a local one.

Word is he has a CC permit out of AZ.  TX has a reciprocal agreement to honor AZ's permits.   

Regardless the report who wrote this piece is a moron

Offline driftdiver

@Wingnut
Thats a common theme in most of these types of articles.   IMO its intended to normalize the concept that weapons must be licensed.   Many people I speak with who don't own firearms are surprised to learn that a license isn't required.

The end goal of course is to push through legislation which requires registration/licensing of firearms.

Online Smokin Joe

@Wingnut
Thats a common theme in most of these types of articles.   IMO its intended to normalize the concept that weapons must be licensed.   Many people I speak with who don't own firearms are surprised to learn that a license isn't required.

The end goal of course is to push through legislation which requires registration/licensing of firearms.
That's a northeastern thing, for the most part. They have to have a permit to purchase a firearm in some states. Here, with a ND CCW, I can fill out the form, pay the tab, and take it with me.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline driftdiver

That's a northeastern thing, for the most part. They have to have a permit to purchase a firearm in some states. Here, with a ND CCW, I can fill out the form, pay the tab, and take it with me.

@Smokin Joe

I live in Florida which is pretty darn gun friendly.   Here's its a common theme among people who dont own firearms.

Online Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

I live in Florida which is pretty darn gun friendly.   Here's its a common theme among people who dont own firearms.
Thirty or forty years ago, Florida was very much a southern state, with attitudes toward guns that reflected that common. While the media have presented this concept repeatedly (out of New York City), a lot of Floridians moved in from up north since then. Most states do not require permits to purchase a firearm, that's mostly in the Northeast, but the belief that one is needed is spread by the media, often form there or educated by journalism professors who don't know how things work.

See here for more info, by State: http://www.statemaster.com/graph/gov_gun_law_per-government-gun-laws-permits

C S Lewis