Author Topic: Newsweek Writer Wishes Death and Illness on Relatives of Republican Lawmakers  (Read 665 times)

rangerrebew

Newsweek Writer Wishes Death and Illness on Relatives of Republican Lawmakers
Posted By Alex Griswold On May 8, 2017 @ 1:59 pm In Politics | No Comments

Newsweek senior writer Kurt Eichenwald sent and then deleted a tweet wishing illness and death upon the relatives of the Republican members of Congress who supported the American Health Care Act, the House GOP plan to replace Obamacare.

Eichenwald, who is epileptic, took particular exception to a provision in the bill that would allow states that meet certain conditions to opt out of Obamacare provisions that block insurers from charging higher premiums to those with pre-existing conditions.

Article printed from Washington Free Beacon: http://freebeacon.com

URL to article: http://freebeacon.com/politics/newsweek-writer-wishes-death-illness-relatives-republican-lawmakers/

Offline Frank Cannon

This losers Twit feed is filled with with death threats and angry outbursts. It's why no one reads Snoozeweak.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Hatred and vitriol like this exists at every point on the political spectrum now. The powers that be have succeeded in making us hate each other.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline andy58-in-nh

I had no idea who "Kurt Eichenwald" was until I read this story.

When I heard the name, I thought he used to be the Kommandant of a a concentration camp.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Hatred and vitriol like this exists at every point on the political spectrum now. The powers that be have succeeded in making us hate each other.

Only the weakest among us.

Its all sticks and stones to me.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Last week a university professor put on Facebook that all Republicans should be lined up and shot.  The story above is just another in a long, long line of examples.  And the minute a follower of one of the kooks decides to act upon the advice, CNN will hit the play button on their recorder that shouts, "Lone Wolf, Lone Wolf".

These are hate crimes.

Yet we brush them off as just kooky behavior which can be expected from the ultra radical Left.  We should know better.  Brushing them off is a very, very dangerous approach as history has proven time and time again.

Offline Polly Ticks

Hatred and vitriol like this exists at every point on the political spectrum now.

True, that.

I quit reading any posts or comments about the Anthem data breach from a couple of years ago (which included personnel records of Anthem employees) because there were so many kind, sensitive souls shouting into the ether about their hopes that all of the Anthem employees would have their identities stolen and lose their shirts.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

geronl

I remember a time when Newsweak was considered part of the mainstream media.