Author Topic: Democrats try new tactic: Town hall trolling  (Read 660 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats try new tactic: Town hall trolling
« on: May 08, 2017, 11:38:28 pm »

Maloney plans town hall in Faso's district, as health care fallout continues

By Jimmy Vielkind

05/08/17 01:46 PM EDT

ALBANY — Fallout over last week’s House vote on the American Health Care Act is continuing across upstate New York, with planned protests, new television ads and a Democratic congressman holding a town hall meeting in the district of his Republican neighbor.

They’re the latest steps in what is expected to be months of politicking over the bill, which was opposed by Democrats but supported by seven of New York’s nine Republican House members.

Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney, a Democrat from the 18th District in the Lower Hudson Valley, will travel north to attend a forum organized by the Hudson Valley Area Labor Federation in Ulster County, which is represented by Rep. John Faso, a Republican from Kinderhook.

more
http://www.politico.com/states/new-york/albany/story/2017/05/08/maloney-subs-for-faso-as-ahca-fallout-continues-111875
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Re: Democrats try new tactic: Town hall trolling
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 12:17:57 am »
Noticed this even occurring in my deep south state. Trolls guiling local conservative senators on Facebook hoping to force them to attend.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 12:32:44 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 02:59:40 pm »
Noticed this even occurring in my deep south state. Trolls guiling local conservative senators on Facebook hoping to force them to attend.

I strongly suspect this tactic is doing little more than pissing off the voters in each district.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline rodamala

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 05:51:32 pm »
Town Hall meetings, much like the polling station, should be open to anyone that shows up with their most recent property tax bill.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 02:50:27 am »
rodamala wrote:
"Town Hall meetings, much like the polling station, should be open to anyone that shows up with their most recent property tax bill."

Good idea.

However -- don't bill them as "town halls".
Rather, advertise them as "property taxpayer events", and also advertise that the Congressman shall attend for Q&A.

Then, post guards at the entrance and permit ONLY property tax payers from that district to enter.

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 12:11:50 pm »
I strongly suspect this tactic is doing little more than pissing off the voters in each district.

I know it is here in Illinoisy. A lot of union rank and file guys are finally getting wise to their leadership.

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2017, 12:14:13 pm »
Town Hall meetings, much like the polling station, should be open to anyone that shows up with their most recent property tax bill.

Good Idea!

The paid trolls would then scream discrimination and denial of constitutional rights to free speech and their lackeys in the MSM would amplify their protests.

Make them take the mask off completely and reveal themselves for what they really are.