Author Topic: TSA Warns: ‘No Community Immune’ from Jihadi Truck Attacks  (Read 3819 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: TSA Warns: ‘No Community Immune’ from Jihadi Truck Attacks
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2017, 06:31:45 am »
All y'all submitting to this crap is beyond my ability to comprehend.
I'll never ride a commercial plane again. Guaranteed.
Yep. Me neither. That's why they'll be in train stations, bus terminals, and doing random stops on the highways next, especially if you have out of state plates.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2017, 03:57:45 pm »
Yep. Me neither. That's why they'll be in train stations, bus terminals, and doing random stops on the highways next, especially if you have out of state plates.

Yep, I see it coming. The time is coming when a feller's gonna have to just walk off, or bow to the chain. I hope to be way up in the holler when that time comes. And I will see it come, I surely will.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2017, 04:09:21 pm »
Yep, I see it coming. The time is coming when a feller's gonna have to just walk off, or bow to the chain. I hope to be way up in the holler when that time comes. And I will see it come, I surely will.

They've already done it.  Can't remember where but they were stopping highway traffic
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2017, 04:25:38 pm »
Tell that to the people of Ft Hood or the Pentagon or the twin towers.  The ONLY reason more havnt been killed is because people do worry about it and work to keep the terrorists out of America.

Several hundred million people would love to kill every American and are willing to sacrifice their children to do it.

Ultimately it doesn't matter what kills you, what matters more is where you are going after you die. I wonder if we lived in a place where we faced death just by going to church what our churches would look like on Sunday morning. I am impressed that in Egypt and other places church bombings kill and injure hundreds.  That means the churches are packed despite the danger. I would hope it would be the same here.

I do think that days are coming where our chances of being caught in a terrorist incident will rise - how will our society respond?  It will be interesting to see since we have been quite lucky so far compared to the rest of the world.   Meanwhile all we can do is be vigilant and be prepared to defend ourselves and loved ones if the situation arises.
God is still in control

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2017, 04:26:28 pm »
https://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin/2012/02/29/the-tsa-is-coming-to-a-highway-near-you/#39a922f5dbee

Article above talks about the vipr  teams.  They can stop you in any form of transportation.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2017, 04:33:00 pm »
Ultimately it doesn't matter what kills you, what matters more is where you are going after you die. I wonder if we lived in a place where we faced death just by going to church what our churches would look like on Sunday morning. I am impressed that in Egypt and other places church bombings kill and injure hundreds.  That means the churches are packed despite the danger. I would hope it would be the same here.

I do think that days are coming where our chances of being caught in a terrorist incident will rise - how will our society respond?  It will be interesting to see since we have been quite lucky so far compared to the rest of the world.   Meanwhile all we can do is be vigilant and be prepared to defend ourselves and loved ones if the situation arises.

If it doesn't matter then move to Egypt or syria.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2017, 04:53:11 pm »
They've already done it.  Can't remember where but they were stopping highway traffic

Right... testing. That ain;t the same as when they make it part of the furniture.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2017, 05:29:45 pm »
Right... testing. That ain;t the same as when they make it part of the furniture.

The law is inplace for them to do whatever they want.  They can come take your furniture.  No warrant needed.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2017, 05:40:09 pm »
The law is inplace for them to do whatever they want.  They can come take your furniture.  No warrant needed.

You don't understand what I mean. We can still move freely around the country. If I want to take off for Moab Utah, all I have to do is get in the truck and go. When that is no longer true is when the clamps are on. Once you can no longer enter a freeway without stating your purpose, submitting to a search, and submitting your vehicle for inspection, then the die is cast, and return from that point is nigh on impossible. Now you're boxed in. all they need to do then is narrow the box, smaller and smaller, until everything is controlled.

There will be some, me among them, if I can get my body working right, who will be able to get around it and walk off. But they'll be damn few. Most will no longer be free. Most will not have the will to be free. Most will not take the risks that go along with being free. That part is already complete.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2017, 08:24:56 pm »
You don't understand what I mean. We can still move freely around the country. If I want to take off for Moab Utah, all I have to do is get in the truck and go. When that is no longer true is when the clamps are on. Once you can no longer enter a freeway without stating your purpose, submitting to a search, and submitting your vehicle for inspection, then the die is cast, and return from that point is nigh on impossible. Now you're boxed in. all they need to do then is narrow the box, smaller and smaller, until everything is controlled.

There will be some, me among them, if I can get my body working right, who will be able to get around it and walk off. But they'll be damn few. Most will no longer be free. Most will not have the will to be free. Most will not take the risks that go along with being free. That part is already complete.
It sure seems like convenience is more important to most people than freedom, anyway. Until it gets inconvenient, that is. But give them three flavors of soup to choose from and some won't even question why they can't just have a cheeseburger, much less a steak.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2017, 09:31:33 pm »
It sure seems like convenience is more important to most people than freedom, anyway. Until it gets inconvenient, that is. But give them three flavors of soup to choose from and some won't even question why they can't just have a cheeseburger, much less a steak.

YEP . They ain't got a clue of their own, unless someone tells them when and how.
They haven't got the first idea how to make do, not to mention forage and hunt.
Hell, most don't even know how to make a fire.
They'll take what they're given and be damn happy for it. Some, even here, on this very site, preach it already.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2017, 09:46:36 pm »
YEP . They ain't got a clue of their own, unless someone tells them when and how.
They'll take what they're given and be damn happy for it. Some, even here, on this very site, preach it already.
That's the screwy part. They don't just not know how, they insist on trying to tell everyone else what, when, and where, not to mention IF they can do anything, even on their own land.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2017, 09:57:04 pm »

I want life to be harder for everybody in some ways simply because we're better off when we have to struggle a bit.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2017, 10:15:10 pm »
If it doesn't matter then move to Egypt or syria.

I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear.  I am for fighting against terrorism as hard as we can and taking out as many of the ISIS scum and their compatriots as we can..  I just meant we will all die of something, and we should all know where we are going after we die.
God is still in control

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2017, 10:22:07 pm »
I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear.  I am for fighting against terrorism as hard as we can and taking out as many of the ISIS scum and their compatriots as we can..  I just meant we will all die of something, and we should all know where we are going after we die.
I understood. We're only here for a relatively short time. We'll be there for much longer.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2017, 10:27:11 pm »
That's the screwy part. They don't just not know how, they insist on trying to tell everyone else what, when, and where, not to mention IF they can do anything, even on their own land.

YUP. The sophistry of our 'betters'.  :thud:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2017, 10:33:12 pm »
I want life to be harder for everybody in some ways simply because we're better off when we have to struggle a bit.

I don't know if it's actually harder. I think we've become enslaved by our conveniences, and the sort of stress produced in order to retain those conveniences is not compatible with the human psyche.

A bear comes at you, fight or flight kicks in and saves your butt.
If you can't make your bills, fight or flight kicks in and gives you ulcers.

Get a few miles out of town and all the things I do for fun, for stress relief, are just every day work.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2017, 10:36:22 pm »
YUP. The sophistry of our 'betters'.  :thud:
Yeah, well, what they don't know won't hurt 'em. Most people quietly just keep doing what they do and generally avoid getting caught.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2017, 10:50:51 pm »
I don't know if it's actually harder. I think we've become enslaved by our conveniences, and the sort of stress produced in order to retain those conveniences is not compatible with the human psyche.

Get a few miles out of town and all the things I do for fun, for stress relief, are just every day work.

I just think living without all the conveniences is good for the psyche and it creates stronger, more self reliant people. That isn't to say that the conveniences are bad, only that people become too reliant on them and can't cope without them.

My liberal sister is sure I'm on the edge of suicide because I choose to live here without restaurants or theaters. She just can't accept that any sane person could want to live in a tiny town like mine.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2017, 10:51:30 pm »

They outnumber you a thousand to one.  They'll take what they want and the sheriff will be leading their efforts.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2017, 12:14:41 am »
I just think living without all the conveniences is good for the psyche and it creates stronger, more self reliant people. That isn't to say that the conveniences are bad, only that people become too reliant on them and can't cope without them.

There's something to that. I know what it is to fetch water, and it makes one pretty conscious of how much water you use. I know what it is to take the long walk to the outhouse at 2 in the morning, in a howling blizzard... It ain't hard, nor even bad... just different. And I am still likely to eschew the Bic and make fire with a ferro rod or a bow, just to keep the memory of it in my fingers. Not much longer in the doing than with the lighter... But different in the art of it.

The old ways are worth having, and one can make do with just about nothing... So when nothing is what you have, it ain't that much of an inconvenience. When it all falls down (and it all will, it always does) a feller might just find those old things handy.

My liberal sister is sure I'm on the edge of suicide because I choose to live here without restaurants or theaters. She just can't accept that any sane person could want to live in a tiny town like mine.

You're preaching to the choir. I have one too (liberal sister). I can't even remember the last time I went to a movie house, not to mention an actual theatrical production.... I think maybe 'Avatar' was the last thing I saw on the big screen. I eat out a bit more. I had an ordered pizza last month, and the time before that was around Christmas... So I do get around some. :)

But I eat pizza all the time - I just make my own. And I have plenty of company - Sometimes more than others and sometimes more than I care for... There's plenty to do without going to town. And I'd just rather not. What town has to offer doesn't interest me in the least... And my sister can't understand it either.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2017, 12:18:39 am »
They outnumber you a thousand to one.  They'll take what they want and the sheriff will be leading their efforts.

Let em. I'll be long gone. I'll be all up in the holler, dug in like a tick on a dog. They can't take what I ain't got, and what I've got, what's important to me, they can't take.

I'll still be around when the dust settles, or my kind will be. The rest, not so much. Then it will go back to normal.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2017, 12:19:57 am »
Yeah, well, what they don't know won't hurt 'em. Most people quietly just keep doing what they do and generally avoid getting caught.

That's right.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2017, 05:24:20 am »
I agree, to a point. I think a lot of their stress comes from the fear of being inadequate to the task of providing even the basics. I noticed on cable that so many shows deal with survival in the past few years, not counting the 'vote 'em off the island' thing. Mainly fundamental skills, even if the camera crew and a medic are waiting just out of the frame. At first I was skeptical of those shows, but now I'm glad for them. If nothing else, a couple of them might provide some insight to just why folks like us are how we are, and perhaps awaken some latent desire that will at least convince them we aren't crazy hermits crawling out from under a rock, but people who have chosen that the way we live counts for more than this year's fashion (still Carharts), or the latest trendy stuff. We like what works, what we can fix if it breaks, what will endure in a pinch, or knowing a half-dozen ways to get the job done.  That doesn't mean we shun technology (I am writing this on the internet, on a computer, but that we aren't beholden to it as its slaves, nor beholden to the opinions of people we have never met that we know to be either fundamentally incorrect, or just not applicable to our circumstances. We don't expend as much energy fighting nature (by constructing artificial worlds increasingly reliant on technologies with multiple potential points of failure), but rather spend our energies just getting along with nature, and trying to make the most of the blessings in front of us.
Some folks will never understand that, they are too wed to their artfully crafted world, and that's okay as long as they do not seek to impose that on the rest of us. There is plenty of room for those microcosms, as long as they don't try to force us in.
Ironically, this is the 'diversity' they should crow about.

True enough. The natural stresses have been replaced by human constructs, all needed to keep the construct running smoothly. Humans aren't fundamentally wired for that, but it gives those who can manipulate within a construct the edge. Strip away those rules, and the whole thing breaks. Humans don't set the rules in the sticks, but that doesn't mean we don't have to pay attention to them. It just means you get some dirt or grime under your fingernails, but we aren't the manicured set anyway, so, no stress. There may be an envy factor as well, because the difference in the stresses of a fundamental existence are so basic, instinctive even, and, well, less, that those living within the ever-changing construct deal with artificial stress which increases the higher their status, although those well adapted to that environment probably don't even notice.
Yep.

C S Lewis

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2017, 11:19:45 am »
People talk about how simple they live, how basic.  They talk on the internet.

Hmmmm