Author Topic: Gingrich: Comedians Are ‘Too Angry To Be Funny’ [VIDEO]  (Read 835 times)

rangerrebew

Gingrich: Comedians Are ‘Too Angry To Be Funny’ [VIDEO]

Amber Athey

Newt Gingrich identified a major problem with late-night comedians, asserting that they are too angry with President Trump to be funny.

“Fox News Sunday” host Chris Wallace showed his panel, which included the former Speaker of the House, a clip of Jimmy Kimmel’s monologue about health care and Stephen Colbert’s arguably homophobic comments about Trump.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/05/07/gingrich-comedians-are-too-angry-to-be-funny-video/
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 11:36:50 am by rangerrebew »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Gingrich: Comedians Are ‘Too Angry To Be Funny’ [VIDEO]
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 11:45:11 am »
Then how do you explain how lame Jimmy Fallon is?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 11:59:11 am »
So ignore those comedians Newt. Its not hard, I've been doing it for years because its been this way for years.

Unimportant crap.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 12:32:20 pm »
I'm with Newt on this. A lot of liberal comedy is just barely disguised rage, totally unfunny.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 01:10:49 pm »
I'm with Newt on this. A lot of liberal comedy is just barely disguised rage, totally unfunny.
The problem with "liberal comedy" is that liberals have no sense of humor, especially when it comes to themselves, and none at all when it comes to people with who they disagree.

The result is not humor, but mockery and verbal abuse, which isn't funny. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2017, 01:58:06 pm »
The problem with "liberal comedy" is that liberals have no sense of humor, especially when it comes to themselves, and none at all when it comes to people with who they disagree.

The result is not humor, but mockery and verbal abuse, which isn't funny.

There are some funny liberals though. Even Colbert as his O'Reilly character was often funny.

Online goatprairie

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2017, 05:04:14 pm »
I've noticed one thing about a number of modern comedians who are supposed to be hilarious....they're all foul-mouthed and p.c. This nitwit Louis CK is supposed to be the funniest comedian out there.  I've found him to be just another typical, liberal, foul-mouthed, p.c. lout.
The only comedian who recently I've actually had to wipe tears from my face from laughter  is Norm MacDonald. I actually laughed out loud at some of his bits on the internet.  And none of it (that I remember) featured foul language or p.c. humor.