Author Topic: Levin: Biggest News Yesterday Was Not Obamacare … and 'This Is Going to Be an Earthquake'  (Read 21889 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
You know, I am one to blame the Congress and the sitting POTUS for the ills in this country but that isn't the core problem. It is the people in this country who are to blame for all the ills. The people. We are the ones who continuously put up with the crap out of DC. So if there is a chance that the people can rise up a little and try to effect some change via the states and an Article V then I am all for it. It is something a bit different than voting in another lying politician hoping that will be the change we need. That is the mindset that needs breaking. "We'll get them next election" hasn't worked from what I've seen.

Its a lot more than "putting up" with it. Most Americans are actively encouraging the worst behaviors they accuse the opposition of engaging in. Our GOP primary proves the utter lack of ethics among republican voters. They cheered a man they knew was lying and the lower he sank and the worse he behaved the louder they cheered. These same people led to a candidate's wife needing to be removed from the convention floor for her own safety.

The vast majority of the American people both left and right are immoral pigs who are unworthy of saving and won't be saving America. The right utterly and completely surrendered to progressivism in this election and aren't smart enough to know it.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Its a lot more than "putting up" with it. Most Americans are actively encouraging the worst behaviors they accuse the opposition of engaging in. Our GOP primary proves the utter lack of ethics among republican voters. They cheered a man they knew was lying and the lower he sank and the worse he behaved the louder they cheered. These same people led to a candidate's wife needing to be removed from the convention floor for her own safety.

The vast majority of the American people both left and right are immoral pigs who are unworthy of saving and won't be saving America. The right utterly and completely surrendered to progressivism in this election and aren't smart enough to know it.

My point, other than the one on top of my head, is what are OUR options? You and me? Go along for the ride, or shoot out the tires?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
My point, other than the one on top of my head, is what are OUR options? You and me? Go along for the ride, or shoot out the tires?

I'm not sure there are any options. This car is going off the cliff.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I'm not sure there are any options. This car is going off the cliff.
Then why ride in the car and die if you are convinced of this?  Go to Canada or some other place.

Our Founders certainly did not have that attitude.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
This is great news!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It can be a completely different government so where does that statement come from?

It came from me because I am convinced that the result of any such endeavor not only CAN result in a completely different government I have NO doubt that it WILL.  And not one to my liking either!  I have no confidence that the electorates of the individual states can do one bit better at electing delegates to any such convention than they have demonstrated in selecting what currently "serves" us in Washington.  in short, I do not TRUST them putting their hands on the Constitution!

Are you aware that 38 states acting together are the ultimate power in this country?  They can return the power to the states/people if they choose.

I am VERY aware of that fact! When those states demonstrate to me that they have the will to exercise their powers again I MAY take another look but not until then.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 05:11:07 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online kevindavis007

Good.  The more people are informed the better. The push for an Article V Convention of States has been going on for quite some time.  They have  done a convention simulation that really is quite interesting.  TX getting on board is a big deal as it has been reported that there are 12 other states poised to join TX in the effort, even at that, it would still take another 10 states to join as 33 states are needed to call a Convention of States.

Personally, I'd love to see it.

https://www.conventionofstates.com/  (video is pretty interesting)

Here is an idea, how about Mark Levin actually run for office??
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
You know, none of the complainers and nay-sayers about an Article V convention make any difference.  Those of us working to get one called don't pay any attention to you, we just work harder.  Unless you actively oppose the convention and work against us, we'll try to convince the uncertain, correct the fallacies of the unknowing, and ignore those who do nothing more than bleat, but it might not work, it might be bad, I might not like it!  Too bad, suck it up, we're going anyway.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I wonder what makes anyone think that a government that refuses to adhere to the Constitution we have now would adhere to a further amended one.

They don't have any say in any Amendments passed by a Constitutional Convention. They are law the minute the required number of state legislatures.

Everyone wants to brag about how many state houses the GOP controls these days...time to put that advantage to good use.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Here is an idea, how about Mark Levin actually run for office??

He has no desire to. The GOP leadership would attack him as hard as the DNC...especially in the area he lives in up there in NOVA. 

He's better serves the country and Conservatism doing what he's doing now.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline the_doc

I wonder what makes anyone think that a government that refuses to adhere to the Constitution we have now would adhere to a further amended one.

I sort of agree with your concerns, but that is the main reason for the Convention of States, IMO.

The main purpose of the Article V Convention is to make it harder (or at least, less enticing) for political scoundrels to continue to ignore the Constitution.  Term limits, for example, would fix a lot of problems;  so would Constitutional reforms of our crooked judiciary.  Conceivably the Convention of States could also offer a repeal of the Amendment providing for the direct election of Senators--which was an extraordinarily bad Amendment. 

In short, I think the Convention is the one of the best idesa anyone has had in about 100 years.  (My wife pulled her membership in Concerned Women for America when she realized that CWA is doing its best to block a Convention.) 

Offline the_doc

cc to @bigheadfred

I strongly suspect that our Republic is doomed--not because of the average piggish American you mentioned, but because of the average churchgoer in our day.  However, I am determined to put up a good fight for America (and for the True Church, for that matter).

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The push for an Article V Convention of States has been going on for quite some time.

Can you describe in 25 words or less, what this hopes to accomplish?

Use words and ideas, aimed at ordinary citizens,, not self-described conservative political junkies.

Thanks in advance.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline the_doc

Yes, I can.  But no thanks.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Use words and ideas, aimed at ordinary citizens,, not self-described conservative political junkies.

Thanks in advance.

Condescension isn't a good look for you.

Thanks in advance.
The same hopes that any and all Amendments we have had to the Constitution have accomplished.  An improved country.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The same hopes that any and all Amendments we have had to the Constitution have accomplished.  An improved country.

It's interesting that you think that.  I strongly disagree.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline the_doc

I'm with you on that.  The direct taxation of citizens by the feds and the direct election of Senators were both bad changes to the original Constitution.  (But this does not mean that amendments are always bad.  Heck, it means that should amend those two amendments!)

Online corbe

For the longest time I was dead set against an Article 5 Convention for fear the twitter/facebook crowd would again just overwhelm the process and we would live to regret opening that Pandora's Box, But, lately I've come to the same conclusions as most here, it is looking more and more like it's time to pull the trigger cause the future of this Country under Uniparty control looks rather bleak, it is not only our last hope it is the only option left to us.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Still need 23 out of 34.  I wouldn't exactly call that close.

At this rate, it will take another 25 years to get enough States to pass. By that time, who knows what the prevailing attitudes will be.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
   For the longest time I was dead set against an Article 5 Convention for fear the twitter/facebook crowd would again just overwhelm the process and we would live to regret opening that Pandora's Box, But, lately I've come to the same conclusions as most here, it is looking more and more like it's time to pull the trigger cause the future of this Country under Uniparty control looks rather bleak, it is not only our last hope it is the only option left to us.

One thing we should be aware of/cautious about is liberal groups are watching this very, very closely as well. They would love the opportunity to move in on a convention and make a whole lot of 'services' rights.

Article V comes from the Constitution to propose changes to it.

That is the same as all the Amendments.  All change for the Constitution, and due to 3/4 of the states approving such, presumably they are for the good of the country.

Since they are the same, how is it you disagree on a similar process to change the way we are governed?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Article V comes from the Constitution to propose changes to it.

That is the same as all the Amendments.  All change for the Constitution, and due to 3/4 of the states approving such, presumably they are for the good of the country.

Since they are the same, how is it you disagree on a similar process to change the way we are governed?

This is what you said that i disagreed with.

I don't believe that is the case at all.  Far from it in fact.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 12:03:38 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

It came from me because I am convinced that the result of any such endeavor not only CAN result in a completely different government I have NO doubt that it WILL.  And not one to my liking either!  I have no confidence that the electorates of the individual states can do one bit better at electing delegates to any such convention than they have demonstrated in selecting what currently "serves" us in Washington.  in short, I do not TRUST them putting their hands on the Constitution!

I am VERY aware of that fact! When those states demonstrate to me that they have the will to exercise their powers again I MAY take another look but not until then.

I understand the reluctance and I see the risk as well and a large part of me wants to scream ... "hands off the Constitution".  However, I also see that the disregard for our Constitution growing and feel we need to try to stop the power grab from the feds and return it to the states. There are currently more states run by GOP governors and more states with GOP legislators then DEMS.  That is not to say that they are all conservative by any means; only stating that the odds of an Article V Convention successfully accomplishing returning power to the states is favorable.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
No, Mr. Levin, one legislature passing the resolution (when over 20 are still needed and there aren't any prospects for it to reach it any time soon) is not bigger than what happened in the House the other day.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024