Author Topic: French pre-election climate mirrors run-up to Trump victory  (Read 380 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
French pre-election climate mirrors run-up to Trump victory
http://www.france24.com/en/20170501-french-political-climate-mirrors-similar-USA-trump-election-surprise
 Text by Khatya CHHOR
Latest update : 2017-05-05
Now in the final stretch before a decisive May 7 presidential vote, France is seeing some parallels with the political mood in the United States just before the November upset that propelled Donald Trump to the presidency.

The results of France’s April 23 first round closely reflected what the polls had predicted: Macron and Le Pen both advanced to the final round with 24 percent and 21.3 percent of the vote, respectively. The National Front had never before garnered more than 20 percent of a presidential vote in France, marking a resurgence of right-wing appeal. Slightly more than 22 percent of voters abstained in the first round, the highest abstention rate France has seen since 2002.

A resurgent right, a divided left

On both sides of the Atlantic, a newly galvanised far right has made it more likely than ever that an anti-immigration candidate might triumph due to...

Excerpt, more at link:
http://www.france24.com/en/20170501-french-political-climate-mirrors-similar-USA-trump-election-surprise
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: French pre-election climate mirrors run-up to Trump victory
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 12:27:13 pm »
You cannot equate anything normal with the French. Macron is going to win this by a mile because they are all Leftist Commie filth.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: French pre-election climate mirrors run-up to Trump victory
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 12:31:33 pm »
You cannot equate anything normal with the French. Macron is going to win this by a mile because they are all Leftist Commie filth.
I didn't. But I do think this election could chart the future of Europe for some time to come, and that looks grim. Europe has been invaded, with help from European Leaders, and if someone doesn't stand in the breach, the efforts of Charles Martel and Vlad Tepes will have been in vain.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 12:33:30 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis