Author Topic: Donald Trump's friend Howard Stern says 'nobody wanted Hillary Clinton to win more than Donald Trump'  (Read 1174 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Granted this is a commentary by none other than Howard Stern, but observing Trump's ego since he started campaigning, I believe there is a certain amount of truth to what Stern is stating. In fact, IMHO, he actually makes sense ... Trump was out to help his friend Hillary defeat the GOP, and then his ego took over when he realized how many people actually supported him. He didn't have a clue; no clue whatsoever.

Donald Trump's friend Howard Stern says 'nobody wanted Hillary Clinton to win more than Donald Trump'

Howard Stern has argued nobody was more keen for Hillary Clinton to win than Donald Trump himself.

The radio personality, who is America’s most notorious shock jock, said President Trump was being serious when he recently admitted to missing his “old life”.

In an interview with Reuters ahead of the 100-day mark of his presidency last week, Mr Trump said: “I loved my previous life. I had so many things going. This is more work than in my previous life. I thought it would be easier.”

Stern, a long-time associate of President Trump, said Mr Trump was “being very honest” when he confessed he missed his former life. Stern explained he had seen exactly what his life as a billionaire property developer and former reality TV star had looked like.

“I’ve seen it up close,” Stern said on his Sirius XM radio show. “[Mr Trump’s] got that kind of life that politicians want.”

“Seventy-year-old guy who has made so much money - he’s made billions of dollars - that he has his own helicopter, he has his own aeroplane. He has a hot wife.”

“He’s got fame from a No. 1 television show. He can walk around Mar-a-Lago, which is like any palace - better than the f*****g White House”.

Over the years Mr Trump was a frequent guest on the Howard Stern Show, appearing on the programme more than two dozen times from the late 90s until the 2000s. And while Stern insists he is not a Trump “insider”, he has referred to him as a “friend”.

Stern recounts being at Mr Trump’s 126-room Mar-a-Lago resort “when he first announced he was going to win” however it is unclear if he is referring to winning the Republican nomination or the November election.

“I was at f*****g Mar-a-Lago laughing about it," Stern said. "I said, ‘What are you, out of your f*****g mind?’”

“Ah, we’ll see what happens,” Mr Trump replied, according to Stern.

Stern argued Mr Trump did not realise how difficult being President would be before he arrived inside the White House, suggesting the President was now dreaming of returning to his old life....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-apos-friend-howard-095600079.html
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Frank Cannon

This is a stupid story. Stern was joking around here......because he does a COMEDY show. He also threw baloney at a hookers ass and went around as Fart Man.

Oceander

Why anyone takes Stern seriously is beyond me. 

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Never stated that I took the story seriously... only that I believe there is a bit of truth to it.  I do believe that Trump got into the race to help his friend Hillary and his ego took over when he realized how many followers he had.  I also believe he didn't have a clue as to government functions and his role as president.  Yes, Stern found the humor in all of this.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Disagree. I think Trump wanted to be President. I'm not sure he really wanted to do the actual job. Billionaires are not used to taking criticism. They are used to buying their way out of trouble and getting lots of support from people under them. Most of all, they cannot be trusted. They don't have a monogamous relationship with the truth.
Putting his family in positions is disturbing but Kennedy did it as well.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Disagree. I think Trump wanted to be President. I'm not sure he really wanted to do the actual job. Billionaires are not used to taking criticism. They are used to buying their way out of trouble and getting lots of support from people under them. Most of all, they cannot be trusted. They don't have a monogamous relationship with the truth.
Putting his family in positions is disturbing but Kennedy did it as well.

Giving one of the wealthiest men in the world the power of the Presidency was absolutely sheer lunacy.  To consider him as an outsider with all of his connections with politicians and other affluent people was delusional.

Offline Frank Cannon

Giving one of the wealthiest men in the world the power of the Presidency was absolutely sheer lunacy.  To consider him as an outsider with all of his connections with politicians and other affluent people was delusional.

Good point. We should have given the presidency to the stable hands of Hitlary.

Offline musiclady

Unfortunately, Donald Trump does.

That's part of the reason he's unfit to be President.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

The stupid choice was in May, not November.

We had a chance to have an actual President and we threw it away for a populist moron.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
The Executive branch has the least amount of power these days and it tends to be a political punching bag. Trump's power comes from having no political record. That's why he became everyone's fantasy candidate, from dopers to neo-nazis. Trump will try to build a wall with Mexico and then try to legalize marijuana. He's not tied to a party agenda.

People are worried about immigration, even the people who say they are not. The string of terrorist attacks across the globe cannot be ignored. Trump has tapped into that anxiety. Whether he does anything is anyone's guess.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline ConstitutionRose

The Executive branch has the least amount of power these days and it tends to be a political punching bag. Trump's power comes from having no political record. That's why he became everyone's fantasy candidate, from dopers to neo-nazis. Trump will try to build a wall with Mexico and then try to legalize marijuana. He's not tied to a party agenda.

People are worried about immigration, even the people who say they are not. The string of terrorist attacks across the globe cannot be ignored. Trump has tapped into that anxiety. Whether he does anything is anyone's guess.

Not my fantasy candidate, but I absolutely agree with your entire statement.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

I should have specified during the primaries.  No absolutely not to Hillary.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Did you see this one:  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,261309.msg1310676.html#msg1310676