Author Topic: House to vote Thursday on ObamaCare repeal...[updated...House Passes]  (Read 18746 times)

Offline Mesaclone

Re: House to vote Thursday on ObamaCare repeal...[updated...House Passes]
« Reply #300 on: May 07, 2017, 02:45:40 pm »
That's Leftist BS and you know it.

Wrong in both counts. What part of Gorsuch vs Hillarystooge on the SC don't you get? The Trump appointment saves the Pro Life position, the Hillary appointment dooms it. The math is undeniable on the court and in the ballot box. And math is objective, it's not Left or Right....it just is. So if your vote increased the likelihood that Hillary would end up with more votes than Trump, no matter how infinitesimally, you have damaged the pro-life cause. Certainly, you have done so unwittingly...or even inadvertently...but in a purely objective mathematical sense its inarguable.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Silver Pines

« Reply #301 on: May 07, 2017, 03:00:28 pm »
Wrong in both counts. What part of Gorsuch vs Hillarystooge on the SC don't you get? The Trump appointment saves the Pro Life position, the Hillary appointment dooms it. The math is undeniable on the court and in the ballot box. And math is objective, it's not Left or Right....it just is. So if your vote increased the likelihood that Hillary would end up with more votes than Trump, no matter how infinitesimally, you have damaged the pro-life cause. Certainly, you have done so unwittingly...or even inadvertently...but in a purely objective mathematical sense its inarguable.

@Mesaclone

The bottom line is composed of a couple of inarguable facts:

You don't own anyone else's vote; you have no say in how the person chooses to exercise it.

Choosing a pro-life candidate is not "damaging the pro-life cause."

This boils down to wanting to control how others vote.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #302 on: May 07, 2017, 03:42:56 pm »
@Mesaclone

The bottom line is composed of a couple of inarguable facts:

You don't own anyone else's vote; you have no say in how the person chooses to exercise it.

Choosing a pro-life candidate is not "damaging the pro-life cause."

This boils down to wanting to control how others vote.

This is nonsense.  You keep bringing out this squirrel.   Not the first time I've seen you use it.

Nobody is arguing one's right to choose on a ballot.

We're arguing on who the morons who put their own selfish, albeit misguided 'principles' ahead of what's best for preserving the very Constitution as Founded.  And preserve our History...that is being erased as I type.

I gotta say, @CatherineofAragon ....it don't look good for ya'll.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #303 on: May 07, 2017, 04:32:09 pm »
This was a pragmatic election for many of us.

And my approach to President Trump is also pragmatic.   I want him to succeed, and even more,  I want the GOP Congress to succeed.   

The stars have aligned in a rare way, both with respect to opportunity, and for disaster.   No President in living memory has faced such vicious opposition,  from opportunists and obsessives on both the left and the right. 

Who's for the nation?   I think Trump is.  I have my doubts about many of his critics.   

« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 04:33:29 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #304 on: May 07, 2017, 04:36:19 pm »
Who's for the nation?   I think Trump is.  I have my doubts about many of his critics.   

Translation:  If you do not seig-heil Trump, and dare criticize his many glaring stupidities, you are an enemy of the state.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #305 on: May 07, 2017, 04:41:14 pm »
Translation:  If you do not seig-heil Trump, and dare criticize his many glaring stupidities, you are an enemy of the state.

This is a truly idiotic statement.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Silver Pines

« Reply #306 on: May 07, 2017, 04:43:59 pm »
This is nonsense.  You keep bringing out this squirrel.   Not the first time I've seen you use it.

Nobody is arguing one's right to choose on a ballot.

We're arguing on who the morons who put their own selfish, albeit misguided 'principles' ahead of what's best for preserving the very Constitution as Founded.  And preserve our History...that is being erased as I type.

I gotta say, @CatherineofAragon ....it don't look good for ya'll.

@DCPatriot

And that's the second time I've seen you accuse me of "using a squirrel" when all I'm doing is stating the truth, so whatever.

You're right, our founding history and our Constitution are being erased.  And if you think we can save it by throwing aside our principles, when the document itself and the men who wrote it are/were steeped in and based on principle, you're stunningly mistaken.

Doesn't look good for us...how?  In what way?   I don't even get what that means.

Trump is doing a lot of nothing.  His most rabid worshipers at TOS are coming to see it.  You, yourself, said that we got Gorsuch and couldn't ask for more (putting aside the fact that you crowed for months over the wonderful things we could expect from Donald, the fabulous list of promises he would keep). 

He's sitting up there doing a few easy EOs, but when it comes to fighting and getting down in the dirt, the famed warrior ("he fights!") is out to lunch.  He's not only failed to drain the swamp, he's brought in his own alligators, including his liberal feminist daughter and her pencil-necked liberal husband.  They're the ones who have his ear.

It's not a game with me and I'm not preoccupied with keeping score or how I "look' to Trump voters.  I think it's a sad damned thing for the country that Trump is turning out to be Trump.

We could have had Gorsuch or someone similar, and a lot more besides, from almost anyone on that debate stage---Cruz, Rubio, Walker, Paul, Fiorina.  Even Jeb is looking like a fighter compared to Trump at this point.  But no, we had to have the guy who informed us about the size of his genitals.

Silver Pines

« Reply #307 on: May 07, 2017, 04:45:44 pm »
This was a pragmatic election for many of us.

And my approach to President Trump is also pragmatic.   I want him to succeed, and even more,  I want the GOP Congress to succeed.   

The stars have aligned in a rare way, both with respect to opportunity, and for disaster.   No President in living memory has faced such vicious opposition,  from opportunists and obsessives on both the left and the right. 

@Jazzhead

Oh, God, the drama.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #308 on: May 07, 2017, 05:15:45 pm »

And that is where you cross the line that has many of us doubting almost everything you say concerning Trump.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #309 on: May 07, 2017, 05:38:24 pm »
This is a truly idiotic statement.

That is exactly what what you meant, couched in the clever language you attempt to deceive us with.

Those whom criticize Trump according to you, are not for the nation.  And if they are not for the nation - then they are obviously enemies of the nation.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #310 on: May 07, 2017, 05:46:30 pm »
That is exactly what what you meant, couched in the clever language you attempt to deceive us with.

Those whom criticize Trump according to you, are not for the nation.  And if they are not for the nation - then they are obviously enemies of the nation.

Stop beating around the bush.  We're not only wrong, but stupid, disgraceful and evil to boot.  And by golly we'd better learn to look up to him as a force for good if we every want to be graceful again.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #311 on: May 07, 2017, 11:09:03 pm »

Bingo.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!