Author Topic: House to vote Thursday on ObamaCare repeal...[updated...House Passes]  (Read 18856 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: House to vote Thursday on ObamaCare repeal...[updated...House Passes]
« Reply #250 on: May 05, 2017, 06:41:51 pm »
You've been a great role model.

Sarcasm... the weapon of non-verbal people.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #251 on: May 05, 2017, 06:47:35 pm »

BTW, @txradioguy , calling you non-verbal was a slightly more subtle version of sarcasm.

Silver Pines

« Reply #252 on: May 05, 2017, 06:55:45 pm »

@Emjay

http://www.puckermob.com/lifestyle/sorry-but-sarcastic-people-are-actually-smarter-than-you-are

"Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit but the highest form of intelligence."-------Oscar Wilde

Offline MOD3

« Reply #253 on: May 05, 2017, 07:31:35 pm »
This is how threads get locked.  Please refrain from the pointless and silly name calling going forward.  Or, any other kind of name calling.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #254 on: May 05, 2017, 07:36:48 pm »
This is how threads get locked.  Please refrain from the pointless and silly name calling going forward.  Or, any other kind of name calling.

This thread should have been locked yesterday.  I hope you go through with your warning.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #255 on: May 05, 2017, 07:38:14 pm »

@Emjay

http://www.puckermob.com/lifestyle/sorry-but-sarcastic-people-are-actually-smarter-than-you-are

He started it, mommy, he hit me first.

"Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit but the highest form of intelligence."-------Oscar Wilde

He started it, mommy, he hit me first.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #256 on: May 05, 2017, 07:45:35 pm »
Some people here remind me of the old Soviet Union---attack and then accuse the victim of aggression
and instigation when the victim fights back.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #257 on: May 05, 2017, 07:58:24 pm »
Some people here remind me of the old Soviet Union---attack and then accuse the victim of aggression
and instigation when the victim fights back.

yeah ... ain't it funny.

Ain't it funny .... how time slips away.

Ain't it funny ... how people who would cheerfully throw Oscar Wilde in jail drag him out if they find a quote that suits them.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #258 on: May 05, 2017, 07:58:52 pm »
This thread should have been locked yesterday.  I hope you go through with your warning.

Personally, I think the thread's doing fine.  The problem appears to be the people posting on it who seem to detest Briefers. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #259 on: May 05, 2017, 08:01:13 pm »
So far, on page 11, not a single comment about the topic.   Amazing....

(And, I just added to it.  ****slapping)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #260 on: May 05, 2017, 08:05:42 pm »
Ain't it funny ... how people who would cheerfully throw Oscar Wilde in jail drag him out if they find a quote that suits them.
I was tempted to quote H.L. Mencken---someone else who was once threatened with jail (over an issue
of his original American Mercury)---but I'd be half afraid of bumping into someone else who might
prefer him jailed than philosophicking.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

geronl

« Reply #261 on: May 05, 2017, 08:09:30 pm »
The reality is we have a very slim majority in the Senate; so there is a real chance that this could die in the Senate.  The Senate isn't exactly conservatively leaning; quite the opposite. 

Then they will love this crappy bill

Offline corbe

« Reply #262 on: May 05, 2017, 08:32:10 pm »

You are correct @geronl but ol Mitch can't afford 3 defections and he'll have that in Lee, Cruz and Paul at least, My best guess is he can't herd his Cats and the bill dies and trump tweets up a storm, blaming the Conservatives again, who refuse to sell their souls.   

But I've been wrong before.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

geronl

« Reply #263 on: May 05, 2017, 08:38:42 pm »

Me too, but not that often. lol

Silver Pines

« Reply #264 on: May 05, 2017, 09:45:41 pm »

So I would "cheerfully" have homosexuals imprisoned.

@Emjay, I thought you were better than this.  But this is the kind of spiteful, small, simple-minded thinking you see at TOS.  I don't put people on ignore, but I'm done with you.  You're not worth my time.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #265 on: May 06, 2017, 12:19:10 am »
   You are correct @geronl but ol Mitch can't afford 3 defections and he'll have that in Lee, Cruz and Paul at least, My best guess is he can't herd his Cats and the bill dies and trump tweets up a storm, blaming the Conservatives again, who refuse to sell their souls.   

Cruz will not only not defect, he's going to be a big part of crafting the Senate bill...he wants this to pass nearly as much as President Trump does. He's right there with the Freedom Caucus strongly supporting the bill. He WILL have the chance to make a few improvements as well.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline corbe

« Reply #266 on: May 06, 2017, 12:21:43 am »
Cruz will not only not defect, he's going to be a big part of crafting the Senate bill...he wants this to pass nearly as much as President Trump does. He's right there with the Freedom Caucus strongly supporting the bill. He WILL have the chance to make a few improvements as well.

I haven't seen any concrete evidence to support that theory, yet, @Mesaclone  I don't see McConnell letting Cruz/Lee anywhere near this.  I've been wrong before
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

« Reply #267 on: May 06, 2017, 01:10:14 am »

@Mesaclone it appears you are correct, my apologies Sir  I missed this from yesterday:

Cruz continued, discussing his efforts in the Senate to reach consensus across the ideological spectrum: “If it passes today and comes over to the Senate, then it’s going to be incumbent on us to work to make it even better. Getting it out of the Senate is not going to be easy. […] Now what I’ve been doing, Trey, for over a month now, is I assembled a group of senators -- Republicans across the ideological spectrum -- and we have been meeting weekly, sitting down and trying to come to common ground, trying to come together and say ‘Where do we all agree on how we repeal Obamacare and fix the underlying problem? What are consensus ideas?’ And when there are disagreements, ‘How can we reach a resolution that satisfies that core objectives of each?’ and so we’ve got the full ideological spectrum. We have people who are conservatives, we have people who are much more moderate, and we’re … now meeting twice a week to try to work through and come to agreement. It, frankly, is the process I think the House of Representatives should have started with, and they didn’t. But we’re going to try to do it in the Senate and I hope we can get it done. My view is failure is not an option. We’ve been promising the voters we’d repeal Obamacare for seven years, and I think if we fail to deliver on that I think the consequences would be catastrophic.”

https://www.cruz.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=3134

@TomSea
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 01:11:06 am by corbe »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #268 on: May 06, 2017, 01:18:23 am »

Anything that defunds Planned Parenthood is okay with me. But I'm pro-life versus others I guess.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #269 on: May 06, 2017, 01:24:10 am »
Defunds Planned Parenthood, Trump becomes the most pro-life President ever, cheers.

It's amazing that this goes by some people that I'd think would find some consolation in this, instead, they sound more like the Democrats saying "Na Na Na Na, Hey, Hey".

Offline TomSea

« Reply #270 on: May 06, 2017, 01:40:00 am »
Susan Collins may well already vote, Maine Senator (R) may well already vote against this,

Democrat Senators Joe Manchin (W. Va) and Heidi Heitkamp (ND) may well vote for the bill, Manchin faces an election next year, sounds like Heitkamp may also per Michael Medved's show.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #271 on: May 06, 2017, 10:44:01 am »

Makes sense to me.

Now is the hour.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online libertybele

« Reply #272 on: May 06, 2017, 11:16:43 am »

So I would "cheerfully" have homosexuals imprisoned.

@Emjay, I thought you were better than this.  But this is the kind of spiteful, small, simple-minded thinking you see at TOS.  I don't put people on ignore, but I'm done with you.  You're not worth my time.

???  Wow....back on topic.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 11:17:06 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Silver Pines

« Reply #273 on: May 06, 2017, 11:49:24 am »
Anything that defunds Planned Parenthood is okay with me. But I'm pro-life versus others I guess.

@TomSea

Versus whom? 

Are you saying some of us are not pro-life?  That's a serious accusation.

Silver Pines