General Category > General Discussion

Cordcutting Thread

<< < (103/105) > >>

catfish1957:

--- Quote from: Smokin Joe on July 19, 2022, 08:18:28 am ---Pluto. It's free, Glen Beck, OAN, Newsmax are all on it, plus other channels and on demand.

--- End quote ---

I added Pluto to my Roku a number of years ago, and found they kept repeating the same programming.  So I lost interest.

Is OAN on there free? or on demand?  Might need to revisit.

My own cord cutting strategy is I have Sling, and my kids share Prime and Netflix. 

Enough to keep me entertained, for only $30./mo.

Ghost Bear:

--- Quote from: WhatWouldReaganDo on July 17, 2022, 06:15:45 pm ---Just got a ROKU yesterday and am working through my options.
Are there any channels you highly recommend? And did you find any of the 'local news' channels worthwhile?

--- End quote ---

I have been watching Tubi a lot recently.  It is free with minimal ads, and it has a lot of older TV series and movies, with new selections rotated in on some schedule, not sure yet how often.

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote from: mrpotatohead on July 19, 2022, 02:05:46 pm ---Yeah I saw that on Pluto.  There is probably a way to program my Roku to navigate to Pluto to watch those shows, but I have no idea how to do it.  I know I can watch Fox news live by clicking some link someone gave me.  I'm getting lazy in my old age and if the channel is easy to navigate to...that's the one I watch...lol.

--- End quote ---
I just added the channel. Then it pops up on the home screen.

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote from: Ghost Bear on July 19, 2022, 03:56:12 pm ---I have been watching Tubi a lot recently.  It is free with minimal ads, and it has a lot of older TV series and movies, with new selections rotated in on some schedule, not sure yet how often.

--- End quote ---
Tubi is good, too. I actually rotate through a bunch of channels, watch all the movies that interest me and move on. Filmrise, Freevee (formerly IMDB), Plex, and Crackle, are among them, Netflix through family, BritBox and a couple others. I end up paying about $30/month not counting the Amazon Prime membership.

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: mrpotatohead on July 19, 2022, 02:05:46 pm ---Yeah I saw that on Pluto.  There is probably a way to program my Roku to navigate to Pluto to watch those shows, but I have no idea how to do it.

@mrpotatohead

Well,it is kinda complex. You have to open the search engine and type "Pluto" in the subject box.

Once you are there,you can save the Pluto Channel in your favorites,and just click on the icon.

I know I can watch Fox news live by clicking some link someone gave me.  

--- End quote ---

Same deal,but slightly less complex because you don't have to do as much typing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version