General Category > General Discussion

Cordcutting Thread

<< < (102/105) > >>

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote from: WhatWouldReaganDo on July 17, 2022, 06:15:45 pm ---Just got a ROKU yesterday and am working through my options.
Are there any channels you highly recommend? And did you find any of the 'local news' channels worthwhile?

--- End quote ---
Pluto. It's free, Glen Beck, OAN, Newsmax are all on it, plus other channels and on demand.

sneakypete:
 @WhatWouldReaganDo

If you are an Amazon Prime member,the Amazon shows are available to you for free.

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: Smokin Joe on July 19, 2022, 08:18:28 am ---Pluto. It's free, Glen Beck, OAN, Newsmax are all on it, plus other channels and on demand.

--- End quote ---

Well I'll be... I have been on PlutoTV since Hector was a pup... And I didn't know that.

Idiot:

--- Quote from: roamer_1 on July 19, 2022, 09:02:07 am ---Well I'll be... I have been on PlutoTV since Hector was a pup... And I didn't know that.

--- End quote ---
Yeah I saw that on Pluto.  There is probably a way to program my Roku to navigate to Pluto to watch those shows, but I have no idea how to do it.  I know I can watch Fox news live by clicking some link someone gave me.  I'm getting lazy in my old age and if the channel is easy to navigate to...that's the one I watch...lol.

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: mrpotatohead on July 19, 2022, 02:05:46 pm ---Yeah I saw that on Pluto.  There is probably a way to program my Roku to navigate to Pluto to watch those shows, but I have no idea how to do it.  I know I can watch Fox news live by clicking some link someone gave me.  I'm getting lazy in my old age and if the channel is easy to navigate to...that's the one I watch...lol.

--- End quote ---

I did it just now, just to prove it... In ROKU, search for 'pluto', select the resulting channel, and add it.

I have never Accessed PlutoTV through the ROKU... Like I said upthread, I use a PC attached to my TVs as my main form of access... Just like surfing on a pooter... So I will likely continue to use the PC to watch it. But it is nice to have it loaded in the ROKU, in the event that the computer side goes down.

Like you, I am lazy too - And it is way easier for me to use the computer and keyboard... For one thing, the keyboard is way bigger than a clicker, and impossible for me to lose.  :laugh: ...And old dogs, and all that... It's just easier to use the PC, and since I am using Firefox, everything is available on all my devices. That is great - I can put whatever I am watching on my laptop or a tablet and go watch out on the porch, or wherever... And way less commercials too.  :beer:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version