Author Topic: Fan Mail Friday (5-5-24)  (Read 173 times)

catfish1957 and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
Fan Mail Friday (5-5-24)
« on: Today at 01:14:17 pm »
1. Do you have a doppelganger? (Has anyone ever told you that you look like someone who's "famous" or "infamous"? Do you agree/disagree?)

2. What's something you're kind of snobby about?

3. At what age did you consider yourself an adult?

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online AllThatJazzZ

Re: Fan Mail Friday (5-5-24)
« Reply #1 on: Today at 01:17:20 pm »
Secret message, y'all!

P.S. It's Cinco de Mayo. Are you going to get in a huff about it or are you going to enjoy some delicious Mexican food today? Or both?

Not that anyone ever needs an excuse for having Mexican food.

Online AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #2 on: Today at 01:51:38 pm »
1. Do you have a doppelganger? (Has anyone ever told you that you look like someone who's "famous" or "infamous"? Do you agree/disagree?)

When I was in high school and The Dick Van Dyke show was on (new, not reruns), my friends told me I look like Mary Tyler Moore. I didn't necessarily agree at the time (although we had the same hair), but as I look at pics of me from back then, I think they were prolly right. As the years went on and we both aged, I didn't favor her as much. Just a little bit during the MTM show years, but only if my hair was just right. When she passed a few years ago and there was coverage of her career in the news, I heard from a few of my classmates who reminded me of those days.

Like most Texans, I'm an uber proud Texan. We don't even care if people don't like us for our boasting. We're Texans. We're fine with it. It's a Texas thang, y'all.  :tongue2:

Also, after decades of publishing, editing, layout, etc., I'm ridiculously knowledgeable about grammar, syntax, spelling and all that jazz. It's a blessing and a curse. I can't not see misspellings or sloppy construction. One thing that drives me CRAZY is when someone in the media uses improper grammar. It shouldn't happen at all, and it happens far too often. OMG, y'all! Learn the tools of your trade!  9999hair out0000

In my retirement years, I've relaxed and become more casual in my writings.

Still waiting.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:57:59 pm »

@AllThatJazzZ

1. At various stages of maturity I have been told that I look like Bruce Willis or (the late) John Heard. Now that I have a full beard, my wife thinks I look like Sean Connery. I disagree, but she's entitled to her opinion, and in truth I do not mind the comparison. happy77

2. I am snobby about about very few things. About Scotch and Bourbon, perhaps - the cheap stuff never satisfies.

3. I thought of myself as a "grown-up" perhaps as early as 21. But I don't think I really grew up until about 36, when my father passed away and I was forced to re-examine the direction and focus of my life.   
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: Today at 02:32:38 pm »

Never! I'm unique and happy with that. Someone once said that I had a face tailor made for radio and that's true.

Back in my drinking days I was very particular but I'm over that now.

By the time I was twenty-one I was a Vietnam vet with a wife and a child. Had to get my act together but I don't think I really did until around age thirty or so.
« Last Edit: Today at 02:33:37 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien