Author Topic: House Of Snakes: Dream Home Turns Out To Be A Nightmare  (Read 632 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
House Of Snakes: Dream Home Turns Out To Be A Nightmare
« on: May 03, 2017, 08:45:29 am »
http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/05/01/house-of-snakes-nightmare-home/

OAK PARK HEIGHTS, Minn. (WCCO) — It sounds like a scene out of a horror movie: A Minnesota mom and her kids unsuspectingly move into a house full of snakes.

While it may sound hard to believe, it’s the frightening reality for a family left with few options after buying what they once considered the perfect home.

Like a couple of crime scene investigators, they treat the property like a puzzle, piecing together a homeowner’s worst nightmare.
“Typically, you’ll find them along the siding,” one pest control worker from Adam’s Pest Control said.

Jes lil garters!

Online The_Reader_David

Re: House Of Snakes: Dream Home Turns Out To Be A Nightmare
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 01:54:06 pm »
Well, there are pest control services.  Or one could just decide that snakes are good.

There is the story of the Elder Paisios on Mount Athos, that when a group of pilgrims came to the Holy Mountain to visit him, on the way up the mountain to his cell, long before they reached it, they encountered an asp, which one of the pilgrims killed with a shovel.  Further up the winding track, they were met by Paisios, who was greatly distressed, "What did you do?  What did you do?" he cried, "You killed my friend!"  The pilgrims asked what he meant, and he explained that as he was praying in his cell, he saw them kill the snake, which used to wander in and out of his cell.  (There was no line of sight between Paisios's cell and the place on the track where they met the snake, the story is told as evidence not only that the holy ones living in our own time, like Daniel and St. Seraphim of Sarov before them, could tame and befriend wild creatures by their meekness, but also that prophetic gifts are still alive in the Church -- St. Paisios reposed in 1994.)

Now if you're not a holy elder, having poisonous snakes in your home is probably a very bad idea, but garter snakes are hardly a "nightmare" if one just takes the right attitude.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Silver Pines

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 11:04:07 pm »
http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/05/01/house-of-snakes-nightmare-home/

Jes lil garters!

Cute little guys.  I'll take a house of snakes over a house of bugs any day.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 11:12:43 pm »
Well, there are pest control services.  Or one could just decide that snakes are good.

There is the story of the Elder Paisios on Mount Athos, that when a group of pilgrims came to the Holy Mountain to visit him, on the way up the mountain to his cell, long before they reached it, they encountered an asp, which one of the pilgrims killed with a shovel.  Further up the winding track, they were met by Paisios, who was greatly distressed, "What did you do?  What did you do?" he cried, "You killed my friend!"  The pilgrims asked what he meant, and he explained that as he was praying in his cell, he saw them kill the snake, which used to wander in and out of his cell.  (There was no line of sight between Paisios's cell and the place on the track where they met the snake, the story is told as evidence not only that the holy ones living in our own time, like Daniel and St. Seraphim of Sarov before them, could tame and befriend wild creatures by their meekness, but also that prophetic gifts are still alive in the Church -- St. Paisios reposed in 1994.)

Now if you're not a holy elder, having poisonous snakes in your home is probably a very bad idea, but garter snakes are hardly a "nightmare" if one just takes the right attitude.

Garter snakes are harmless and you don't even feel it if they do bite you. I've been bitten by many but only because I picked them up.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 11:25:41 pm »
House Of Snakes: Dream Home Turns Out To Be A Nightmare

Fake news. There are no dream houses in Minnesota.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 03:45:22 am »
I had to fish a 4 foot black rat snake out from under the insulation in the attic of my old house.

For the record: snake ureates STINK.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!