Author Topic: Why bother voting for Republicans?  (Read 295 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Why bother voting for Republicans?
« on: May 02, 2017, 10:20:28 pm »
Once again, congressional Republicans delivered a swift kick to the crotch of their voters, in the form of their proposed budget this week.  Congressional big spenders reached a deal Sunday, with a bill over 1,600 pages in length.  Almost as long as Obamacare.  But at least it's a budget.  Last year, Congress had no budget, instead papering over their fiscal irresponsibility via temporary spending measures.

Since this budget is proposed by the Republican Congress, with the expectation of the Republican president signing it into law, one would reasonably expect that the budget represents Republican priorities – funding programs promoted on the campaign trail and cutting or eliminating spending which they campaigned against.

What were President Trump's priorities as a candidate?  Build the wall.  Cut wasteful spending on Planned Parenthood, the Environmental Protection Agency, and other financial black holes.

What about congressional campaign promises?  Remember their priorities over the past eight years to rein in out-of-control spending by Obama and the Democrats?  Including Obamacare and trillion-dollar deficits?

In 2010, Republicans told us they needed to win the House before they could repeal Obamacare and advance a conservative agenda.  Done.  In 2014, they told us they needed the Senate, too.  Done.
The Senate needs to go ahead and select Chuckie to run the Senate, as the GOP leadership is not leading it.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Silver Pines

Re: Why bother voting for Republicans?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 12:37:08 am »
Is it just me or does that man have a singularly evil look about him?  I mean evil in the blackest sense.  I don't think he should be allowed around children or animals.  He just creeps me out.

To answer the question in the subject line, I'm done bothering, unless it's a Constitutionalist like Cruz.  It's a waste of time and effort otherwise.