Author Topic: Trump to sign order protecting opponents of gay ‘marriage,’ abortion on National Day of Prayer  (Read 888 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump to sign order protecting opponents of gay ‘marriage,’ abortion on National Day of Prayer
WASHINGTON, D.C, May 2, 2017 (LifeSiteNews) – President Trump will sign an executive order on Thursday protecting the religious liberty of the Little Sisters of the Poor and ordinary Americans who don't subscribe to gender ideology or believe in same-sex "marriage," two "senior administration officials" have confirmed to Politico.

The Nation released a leaked copy of an executive order in February that prompted outrage from the left over its protections for Christians who believe marriage is the union of one man and one woman and who don't want to be forced to fund contraception.

Politico says an "influential conservative who saw the text said it hasn’t been dialed back much" from the leaked text in February and that it contains "very, very strong" language.

Read more at: https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/trump-to-sign-order-protecting-christians-who-oppose-gay-marriage-abortion

God Bless America and God Bless President Trump.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The alphabet-soup lobbyists are furious.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
This affects that Little Sisters, East Texas Baptist U dilemma.  But from the article and if true, I think it is, this sounds like it was in the works for quite some time.

geronl

Sure it will. Ask Kim Davis about that.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Sure it will. Ask Kim Davis about that.

I can't see that it does anything.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
The alphabet-soup lobbyists are furious.

This sounds like a very good thing to me.  I have been a bit worried about VP Pence.  He's such a good man and I was afraid he might resign over the budget bill or something else.

We need Pence to hang in there in case the left actually manages to get rid of Trump.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline DiogenesLamp

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
This sounds like a very good thing to me.  I have been a bit worried about VP Pence.  He's such a good man and I was afraid he might resign over the budget bill or something else.

We need Pence to hang in there in case the left actually manages to get rid of Trump.
On a mostly unrelated note: if anything ever comes of this whole Trump/Russia thing, and I doubt it will, it will almost certainly have to date back into the primaries, given the patterns. It's not like he all of a sudden decided to sic the Russians on Clinton and not on Ted Cruz.

Why's that important? Because, by and large, that exonerates Pence, as he was chosen AFTER the primary.

Offline Frank Cannon

GD Trump. I have had about enough of his Liberal nonsense and this Commie shit takes the cake!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

No worries @Emjay, Pence and Ryan are very close allies.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision