Author Topic: Mick Mulvaney rips Democrats over budget debate: 'They wanted a shutdown'  (Read 592 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Quotables

Mick Mulvaney rips Democrats over budget debate: 'They wanted a shutdown'
2:40 p.m. ET

White House budget director Mick Mulvaney took the podium at Tuesday's press briefing to blast Democrats for pushing back on President Trump's "tremendous" budget proposal. "They wanted a shutdown," Mulvaney said of Democrats. "We know that. They were desperate to make this administration look like we couldn't function, like we couldn't govern."

Despite Democrats' bad behavior, Mulvaney claimed Trump "out-negotiated" them anyway. Mulvaney insisted the bill that Congress agreed on late Sunday to fund the government through September contains no "new money" for Puerto Rico, no renewable energy subsidies, and no "ObamaCare bailout money," all of which Democrats wanted. Unlike the Democrats, Mulvaney said Trump "delivered on his promises and got his priorities funded," including more money for defense, border security, and school choice. The bill does not include funding for a new border wall, among other priorities Trump had promised.

more
http://theweek.com/speedreads/696139/mick-mulvaney-rips-democrats-over-budget-debate-wanted-shutdown
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

geronl

Trump said we needed a good shut down and now claims victory because it was averted by giving the Democrats everything they wanted, that oughtta show'em!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/02/white-house-spending-bill-trump-win-237883

White House scrambles to rebrand spending bill as Trump 'win'

'This is the president, once again, following through on his campaign promises,' White House budget chief Mick Mulvaney says.

By Sarah Ferris and Jennifer Scholtes

05/02/17 01:46 PM EDT

Updated 05/02/17 04:11 PM EDT

The Trump administration is doing damage control as Congress inches toward passage of a massive spending deal that ducks the president's most contentious demands.

Less than 48 hours after the funding bill’s release, White House budget chief Mick Mulvaney is forcefully working to reverse the narrative that Democrats emerged as clear victors, and President Donald Trump is touting the legislation as delivering on his core campaign promises.

“They’re walking around trying to make it like they pulled one over fast on the president, and I just won’t stand for it,” Mulvaney said Tuesday afternoon during the daily White House press conference.

The budget director’s appearance at the White House media briefing marked his third check-in with reporters since Monday evening — a press blitz seemingly spurred by an angry president.

more at link
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I dunno.  Sounds like an attempt at reverse psychology to me.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

I know...you just don't know who to believe anymore..they all lie.
Support the USO

geronl

PR spin

Offline skeeter

I'm inclined to agree with you.

But don't you worry - they'll git em in September.