Author Topic: Trump 'very happy' with this spending bill outlawing a future border wall  (Read 21451 times)

Offline ConservativeGranny

Let me see if I can parse/translate that.   He's ok with "those people" coming back as long as they are in 100%, lock-step agreement with him and his political stance.... whatever that may be at any given moment in time (since it changes from year to year).   Freedom of thought, expression and speech is still a rare (if not extinct) entity at FR, IOW.

I wouldn't go back to that place if JR paid ME a monthly donation. When they started kicking every person off that didn't support Trump they burned their bridges. And most of us found out that we like it here much better:) Why would we ever want to go back?

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
@CatherineofAragon

Well you, my dear, are welcome on my porch anytime... As soon as I have one. :)

I love my porch. Its all sliding glass doors on 3 sides. I even sleep out there in the summer occasionally.

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

Well you, my dear, are welcome on my porch anytime... As soon as I have one. :)

@roamer_1

I consider that a compliment, indeed.  I hope you know it's mutual.

Offline roamer_1

I love my porch. Its all sliding glass doors on 3 sides. I even sleep out there in the summer occasionally.

Imagine a redneck boy without one. It is SO sad.

But it's coming. Probably a patio to begin with, which is some better than the stoop I have now... Right now all I have is 4'x4' of concrete up in front of the mud room. By mid summer, the brick patio should be there, and maybe the roof on.

But it'll be my back porch that'll have the storm windows. South-facing, and will work great for starting garden plants, if I ever get it done. And a wood-burning kitchen, for processing the garden... Open in the summer and fall, closed in the winter...

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
The bill is in no way, shape or form "conservative"

Some of us knew this.  Trump and his family are Democrats.  Even though Trump has voted Republican the last few times he filled his cabinet with his liberal children.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline roamer_1

I consider that a compliment, indeed.  I hope you know it's mutual.

@CatherineofAragon
the sweet tea is always in the fridge... And while I ain't got a woman anymore, me and Betty Crocker can usually whip something up for the plate. 

I hope you know it's mutual.

It would be an honor, And a pleasure. :)

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon
the sweet tea is always in the fridge... And while I ain't got a woman anymore, me and Betty Crocker can usually whip something up for the plate. 

It would be an honor, And a pleasure. :)

@roamer_1

I'd get in the kitchen and help you, lol...that is, if you let me!

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Dear Frank,

McMuffin is looking very good right now

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Victoria33

The bill is in no way, shape or form "conservative"
@geronl

I was speaking of the healthcare bill now being considered.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0iXfnyAZhs

I love that man's voice.  Quirky, but then I like a bit of quirk.

Offline Victoria33

We can't???
Are you insinuating against all those months of vitriol against us by AlwaysTrump that our warnings about Trump not being the divine dealmaker they claimed him to be had merit?
@INVAR

No, I'm saying the most conservative bill on earth, no matter who is President, will be voted down by these "Moderate Republicans".

geronl

@geronl

I was speaking of the healthcare bill now being considered.

so was I

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

I'd get in the kitchen and help you, lol...that is, if you let me!

@CatherineofAragon

While I recognize the convention that the guest is to be served, I can pretty near guarantee that any help you can afford would certainly improve the outcome. :)

I make a killer chili, a magnificent spaghetti, anything I can burn on the grill turns out delectably. But my skill is more than lacking when it comes to breads, cakes, dainties and confections, I'm afraid.  :shrug: To be honest, I hide my handicap from my guests by only entertaining for dinner, where a bowl of ice cream for dessert is as far afield as I must wander. And that is always a hit, because it can be dressed with my mother's huckleberry jam.

So pencil in 7pm if you want it proper, otherwise you're likely to be helping to put a fire out, or something ;)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Listen to Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly and White House budget director Mick Mulvaney talk today during the WH briefing speak about the Continuing Resolution ... and what's in it that benefits all of us---and what's coming up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_kwsSq_gs4

« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 01:27:32 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
No, I'm saying the most conservative bill on earth, no matter who is President, will be voted down by these "Moderate Republicans".

That is not what we were told by AlwaysTrump and the Trump Militant.  They told us that Trump's superior negotiating skills would ensure that everything Trump said he would do would get passed and America would get the best deal, the winning deal, that we would get sick of winning all the time because Trump would make the best deal to get his MAGA enacted.

That the Democrats who ran as Republicans will kill any Conservative bill is just a piss poor excuse to cover for the fact their political messiah is not the 'Art-Of-The-Deal Master they insisted that he was.

Unless surrendering to the Democrat Agenda and making Schumer and Pelosi celebrate is what Trump intended all along.

But to your point - do we recognize the unsalvageable nature and intractable tyranny that now rules us yet... or not?  We are not going to stop it via civil means.  That much history teaches.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Imagine a redneck boy without one. It is SO sad.

But it's coming. Probably a patio to begin with, which is some better than the stoop I have now... Right now all I have is 4'x4' of concrete up in front of the mud room. By mid summer, the brick patio should be there, and maybe the roof on.

But it'll be my back porch that'll have the storm windows. South-facing, and will work great for starting garden plants, if I ever get it done. And a wood-burning kitchen, for processing the garden... Open in the summer and fall, closed in the winter...

Mine started out as a 10 x 16 concrete slab. Its got 6 foot sliders on the 10 foot ends and 3 5 foot sliders on the south facing the lake.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Listen to Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly and White House budget director Mick Mulvaney talk today during the WH briefing speak about the Continuing Resolution ... and what's in it that benefits all of us---and what's coming up:

NO.  We're not going to listen to the spin, the lies, the outright BULLSH** coming out of Mordor on the Potomac.

We should consider anything these creeps have to say with the same disbelief and contempt we did when the Obama regime was doing the same thing.

Nothing has changed.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

geronl

@CatherineofAragon

While I recognize the convention that the guest is to be served, I can pretty near guarantee that any help you can afford would certainly improve the outcome. :

Look for "Good Eats" reruns online with Alton Brown.

Offline goodwithagun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_kwsSq_gs4

OMG stop! Just stop already! If it was decent it wouldn't need explanations! Get over it! Trump is exactly what you were warned he is! Accept and move on! /rant off
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

NO.  We're not going to listen to the spin, the lies, the outright BULLSH** coming out of Mordor on the Potomac.

We should consider anything these creeps have to say with the same disbelief and contempt we did when the Obama regime was doing the same thing.

Nothing has changed.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline roamer_1

Look for "Good Eats" reruns online with Alton Brown.

Thanks, but Ammohead73 on Youtube is more likely my style :) I can certainly recommend Hillbilly Kitchen on Youtube, if you like it done up Southern... She ain't all gussied up, nothing fancy, but it's guuuuud cookin.

Actually, I ain't half bad at cooking... but any country gal worth her salt (heh, there's a pun in there) would run rings around me (canning rings, that is).

Offline goodwithagun

Lord have mercy  :silly:  Read the post and then check out the tagline  :silly:  It's like Joe Biden is posting on TOS  :silly:  Stand up Chuck  :silly:

Vanity is about all we have left. Yes, if Trump didn’t lie about his promises and if he plans to follow-through, he should use his bully pulpit and demand congress pass a budget for the remainder of the year that honors it. He should call on Americans to demand their members of Congress do so. Look at the crowd Saturday. It is reflective of his support. This will evaporate if he sells out on everything as appears to be the case. If words do not turn into actions, he’ll find himself quite lonely rather quickly.

7 posted on May 2, 2017 at 9:46:48 PM EDT by Reno89519 (Drain the Swamp is not party specific. Lyn' Ted is still a liar, Good riddance to him.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
He has no problem with 'those people' posting except how many hundred did he ban? How exactly can they post?
Wonder if JimRob may have a little buyers remorse for all of us Cruz supporters he zotted?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
5 pages and not one common from DCP, TomC, or Truthseeker.

Shocked I tell ya. :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.