Author Topic: Here are four roadblocks making the presidency harder than Trump expected  (Read 480 times)

Offline corbe

Here are four roadblocks making the presidency harder than Trump expected

by Kellan Howell
May 1, 2017

http://circa.com/politics/government/resistance-from-congress-blocks-progress-on-trumps-agenda

WATCH | Congress has struck a deal on a budget to avoid a government shutdown, but it barely resembles President Trump's original funding blueprint. With a a Republican controlled Congress, Trump should be moving fast on his ambitious agenda, but he's facing resistance for multiple groups.

1. Conservatives

Hard line conservatives in both chambers have held up Trump's agenda. In the House, the Freedom Caucus derailed the GOP's bill to repeal and replace Obamacare.

They felt the bill didn't go far enough to repeal Obamacare mandates and they baulked when the Congressional Budget Office report on the bill showed it wouldn't lower premiums.

Senator Rand Paul
✔ @RandPaul 

@RandPaul I demand the House release the text of the bill. Every elected official & every American deserve to know what they're trying to do

Senator Rand Paul
✔  ‎@RandPaul 

@RandPaul I will not vote for Obamacare Lite nor will many of my colleagues. We will keep our word. I call on House leaders to do the same

9:29 AM - 2 Mar 2017
Conservatives in the Senate like Rand Paul echoed those concerns.

Fiscal conservatives in both chambers are already showing early signs of resistance to Trump's tax reform plan.

"Anything that completely spikes the ball with regard to deficits going forward I think will be problematic within the Congress," Rep. Mark Sanford (R-South Carolina) told The Hill.

2. Moderates

While the White House and GOP leaders try to make deals with hard liners, more and more moderate Republicans are walking back from the healthcare bill.

SNIP
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Oceander

Apparently bombast and snark do not a ruling coalition make, after all.  :rolleyes:

geronl

Presidenting is hard, it's harder when you're stupid.

Offline bolobaby

Are you kidding me? This article can be summed up thusly:

Dealing with people is hard.

You don't say???
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!