Author Topic: END OF AN ERA? Sean Hannity Eyes Fox News Exit, Insiders Say  (Read 650 times)

Silver Pines

END OF AN ERA?
Sean Hannity Eyes Fox News Exit, Insiders Say

The conservative star lost a key ally after the network’s co-president Bill Shine resigned Monday. Will he follow him out?

By Andrew Kirell
05/01/17

Sean Hannity is looking to leave Fox News, according to sources, following the resignation of Fox News co-president Bill Shine officially on Monday.

Shine was Hannity’s long-time ally whom he personally recommended the network hire two decades ago to produce Hannity & Colmes. In recent days, Hannity warned it would be the “total end” of Fox News should Shine leave, and he rallied conservative activists to back him up.

Initially, insiders said, Hannity’s army of lawyers had hoped to discuss with Fox ways of protecting his 8-year-old primetime show, amid fears that Lachlan and James Murdoch—fresh off the ousting of Bill O’Reilly—were looking to push the network away from hard-right politics.

However, with Shine’s departure on Monday, one source told The Daily Beast, there’s no reason for Hannity to stay.

Read more at:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/05/01/sean-hannity-eyes-fox-news-exit-insiders-say

Offline DB

Re: END OF AN ERA? Sean Hannity Eyes Fox News Exit, Insiders Say
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 10:16:18 pm »
I look forward to the Murdoch boys learning a hard lesson in reality.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 10:21:50 pm »
I look forward to the Murdoch boys learning a hard lesson in reality.

Seems to me that the lesson has already been learned.

FOX became the all Trump all the time network and collapsed because of it.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 10:25:55 pm »
If they don't let him leave, will he bust out his Sean Kwon Do and break through the walls?

(sorry, the joke was waiting to be made)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Silver Pines

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 10:48:58 pm »
Sean Hannity‏Verified account @seanhannity  22h22 hours ago

Sean Hannity Retweeted MarciaMarshaMarsia
There is Zero chance they can stop me with lies, attacks, slander defamation, and NOW sabotage. I have a massive army, ALL OVER THIS. SOON!!

He just tweeted that he won't be leaving, and will talk about it on his show tonight.  Somehow I'll live with the suspense and make a hard pass.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 10:58:13 pm »
Sean Hannity‏Verified account @seanhannity  22h22 hours ago

Sean Hannity Retweeted MarciaMarshaMarsia
There is Zero chance they can stop me with lies, attacks, slander defamation, and NOW sabotage. I have a massive army, ALL OVER THIS. SOON!!

He just tweeted that he won't be leaving, and will talk about it on his show tonight.  Somehow I'll live with the suspense and make a hard pass.

Despite his tough talk I suspect he'll soon find the time to take on the duties of Trump concubine on a full time basis.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2017, 11:10:59 pm »

"Initially, insiders said, Hannity’s army of lawyers had hoped to discuss with Fox ways of protecting his 8-year-old primetime show, amid fears that Lachlan and James Murdoch—fresh off the ousting of Bill O’Reilly—were looking to push the network away from hard-right politics."

/////

Um....Fox hasn't been "hard right" in years -- if indeed it ever was. 

Silver Pines

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2017, 11:19:31 pm »
Despite his tough talk I suspect he'll soon find the time to take on the duties of Trump concubine on a full time basis.

That would be my bet.  He said it would be the end of Fox if Shine left.  What's he going to do, go on his show tonight and say, "Yes, it's true, I don't want to be here but I'm killing time until I have an out?"

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2017, 11:44:22 pm »

Initially, insiders said, Hannity’s army of lawyers had hoped to discuss with Fox ways of protecting his 8-year-old primetime show, amid fears that Lachlan and James Murdoch—fresh off the ousting of Bill O’Reilly—were looking to push the network away from hard-right politics.
They like to throw that hard-right term around. There's no way O'Reilly is hard-right. Hannity may have been the closest at Fox but his attachment to Trump stripped him of that tag. Fox is made up of centrists, libertarians and liberals.
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2017, 11:54:18 pm »
Sean has something that FOX will desperately miss when he goes......a built in rabid fan base. I can't think of anyone over at FOX besides him who has one.