Author Topic: Study Finds Democrats Least Tolerant of Opposing Views  (Read 690 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Study Finds Democrats Least Tolerant of Opposing Views
« on: May 01, 2017, 06:44:22 pm »
 Tom Knighton
April 28, 2017

The left loves embracing the idea of "tolerance," yet the rest of us have long observed that all the Left ever seems tolerant of is itself. A new survey from Dartmouth College provides yet more evidence that the volatile political divide in this country is being caused by the intolerant left:

In the campus-wide field survey, students of all political stripes were asked how comfortable they would be about living with a roommate who holds opposing political views. Of the 432 students surveyed, only 39 percent of students who identified as Democrats said they would feel comfortable living with a Republican, 16 percent said they felt neutral about the proposed arrangement, while 45 percent, a plurality, said they felt uncomfortable.

A majority of students who identified as Republicans (69 percent) said they were comfortable living with someone of opposing political views, 19 percent said they felt neutral about it, and only 12 percent said they felt uncomfortable. Among Independent students, 61 percent said they felt comfortable living with someone with opposite views, 22 percent were neutral about it, and 16 percent were uncomfortable.

Read More from PJ Media:  https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/04/28/study-finds-democrats-least-tolerant-of-opposing-views/
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bolobaby

Re: Study Finds Democrats Least Tolerant of Opposing Views
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 06:59:24 pm »
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 07:01:28 pm »
Because they are a religious cult?
The Republic is lost.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 07:02:01 pm »
{Captain Obvious}

Whenever I see that picture, it reminds me of the classmate of mine in college whose last name was "Coward".  To see him in his ROTC uniform cracked people up.   "What'd you get that one for, cadet?" as they pointed to his name.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 07:02:20 pm »

LOL!  I never get tired of seeing the good Captain.  Posted it a few times myself!  :bigsilly:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 07:12:04 pm »
LOL!  I never get tired of seeing the good Captain.  Posted it a few times myself!  :bigsilly:

Who is that?  I guess I should know.

On topic, I totally believe that to be true.  I had friends in the union I worked for (in an administrative capacity) whose views I tolerated while I kept quiet about mine.  Later on, they all disowned me when I revealed myself to be a conservative.... even though we had been friends.

One woman I had been particularly kind to and close to never spoke to me again when she found out I admired Ronald Reagan.  She sent my Christmas card back to me torn into bits.

Although I have to add the caveat that I have found people on this very forum who are totally intolerant of opposing views even to the point of personally abusing me if I express them.  (You know who you are).
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2017, 07:21:13 pm »
Who is that?  I guess I should know.

On his lapels you can see Captain's bars.  In the lower left-hand corner of the picture above the shirt pocket you can see his name, "Obvious."  Captain Obvious.

On topic, I've seen the same observations you make about intolerance from Members of TBR being, credibly made about you, so watch the casting of that first stone.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 07:41:55 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hurricane Andrew

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2017, 07:38:38 pm »
Something I've known and witnessed for quite sometime.  Just one example: back in the Bush 43 days, all the cries of if Bush is elected I'm leaving the country.  Then if McCain wins I'm leaving the country.  Then if Ryan wins, I'm leaving.  If Trump wins, I'm leaving.  Over and over and over.  I don't recall ANY conservative commentator, actor, musician (not that there are many to choose from) making such statements about Gore, Kerry, Obama, or Hillary.  If it weren't for a complicit media, their claims of "intolerance" would be seen as ludicris.
There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2017, 07:46:18 pm »
On his lapels you can see Captain's bars.  In the lower left-hand corner of the picture above the shirt pocket you can see his name, "Obvious."  Captain Obvious.

On topic, I've seen the same observations you make about intolerance from Members of TBR being, credibly made about you, so watch the casting of that first stone.

I may dissent and argue about views I don't agree with, but I will cheerfully cast a stone because I have never insulted anyone personally because they disagreed with me.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2017, 07:51:27 pm »
I actually debate liberals on Facebook on places like the Des Moines Register. It's always the same schtick. Start out with some lawyer parsed politico double speak, usually morality and not logically based, all hissy and bristling with seething passive-aggressive anger. Really play the alt-church bitty persona.

Then you challenge them, picking the contradictions out. Then come the slurs. Bigot, intolerant, *-phobic, among many.

Then you point out how religious and judgemental they sound, and they escalate. Next your trying to gang up on you, cyber stalking, doxxing, threats to report you to FB.

Challenge them more and they escalate again, with various kinds of physical or legal threats, implied and explicit. Then come the more generalized slurs against conservatives needing all to be shot or put in camps, genocide, torture, you name it.

And that's where it almost always ends up - rounding up their enemies and eradicating them. Just like lefties have done for centuries. If not directly then implied. It's like there's this beast inside each and every one one to eliminate anyone who disagrees with them. Very very few are actually pacifist.
The Republic is lost.