Author Topic: Byron York: Piety and Trump-bashing: The sheer awfulness of the White House Correspondents' dinner  (Read 605 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Byron York: Piety and Trump-bashing: The sheer awfulness of the White House Correspondents' dinner
by Byron York | Apr 30, 2017, 8:47 PM

In the hour before the White House Correspondents' Association dinner began at what used to be called the "Hinckley Hilton" in Washington, I asked attendees — journalists, politicians, opinion-makers, advertising & PR types — what they expected of an evening without the president.

"Happier than I've been in 20 years," said one veteran, who happens to be a faithful Democrat.

"Why?"

"Because Hollywood isn't here. Much nicer without Hollywood."

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/byron-york-piety-and-trump-bashing-the-sheer-awfulness-of-the-white-house-correspondents-dinner/article/2621729
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rivergirl

Guess ole Byron doesn't hear the ugliness of his guy.  Didn't hear any of the lies and bashing during the primaries.  Doesn't notice the endless attacks coming via tweet.
I see York as just another bought and paid for pom pom girl.

Offline Frank Cannon

Donny made this event totally irrelevant now. Without the President showing up no one cares about these people and all their bullshit.

Offline Rivergirl

Frank.  Why not just express your personal opinion and not speak for everyone........Saying NO ONE does not prove your point.
Try it, we aren't all trolls...........or Hillary Clinton supporters.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Frank.  Why not just express your personal opinion and not speak for everyone........Saying NO ONE does not prove your point.

Why do you care so much @Rivergirl about a gala created by the media whose sole purpose for being has morphed into an evening to honor themselves?

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
It's illegal to yell "fire" in a theater, but I'm unsure about a White House Correspondents' dinner.

Offline Frank Cannon

Try it, we aren't all trolls...........or Hillary Clinton supporters.

So you care about this MSM circle jerk? You are just proving that you are the Leftist I think you are. BTW, even the media didn't care about this event after Donny said he was skipping it. They scaled way back on the "celebrations".

New Yorker and Vanity Fair Pull Out of Correspondents’ Dinner Parties

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/03/us/politics/trump-white-house-correspondents-dinner.html?_r=0

Offline r9etb

Guess ole Byron doesn't hear the ugliness of his guy.  Didn't hear any of the lies and bashing during the primaries.  Doesn't notice the endless attacks coming via tweet.
I see York as just another bought and paid for pom pom girl.

That's unfair to Mr. York.  Regardless of Trump's failings, the WH Correspondents' Dinner is exactly as he described it.