Author Topic: UPFRONT recap: Gov. Scott Walker supports bill to protect free speech on UW campuses  (Read 1002 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
UPFRONT recap: Gov. Scott Walker supports bill to protect free speech on UW campuses
Updated: 12:14 PM CDT Apr 29, 2017

MILWAUKEE —

Gov. Scott Walker expressed support for a bill that calls for suspending or expelling students who disrupt free speech on college campuses.
Advertisement

Walker appeared Sunday on "UPFRONT with Mike Gousha," produced in partnership with Wispolitics.com.

"To me, a university should be precisely the spot where you have an open and free dialogue about all different positions," he said. "But the minute you shut down a speaker, no matter whether they are liberal or conservative or somewhere in between, I just think that's wrong," said.

Continued: http://www.wisn.com/article/upfront-recap-gov-scott-walker-supports-bill-to-protect-free-speech-on-uw-campuses/9581241

Suspend or expell students that disrupt free speech? Sounds like a winner to me, of course, this would have to be within guidelines as one doesn't want to deter their free speech either.

This has become a national story about the right to free speech on campuses but this is an update on Governor Walker addressing this issue months ago.