Author Topic: Yale College Republicans Host Barbecue Right Next To Hunger Strike  (Read 693 times)

rangerrebew

Yale College Republicans Host Barbecue Right Next To Hunger Strike

Thomas Phippen
Author
2:23 PM 04/29/2017

Members of the Yale College Republicans hosted a barbecue Friday right next to where members of the Local 33 graduate student union participated in a hunger strike, the New Haven Register reports.

The College Republicans served a meal of barbecued beef, baked beans and corn to those on the plaza, just a few feet from the tent Local 33 had erected to house hunger strikers protesting the school’s decision not to negotiate a contract.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/29/yale-college-republicans-host-barbecue-right-next-to-hunger-strike/#ixzz4fjwJOBQa

Offline r9etb

Re: Yale College Republicans Host Barbecue Right Next To Hunger Strike
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 01:43:17 pm »
Yale College Republicans Host Barbecue Right Next To Hunger Strike

Brilliant. 

Offline the_doc

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 10:10:32 pm »
What a hoot!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 10:15:46 pm »
Get your meal at the GOP tent, walk over to the hunger strikers, show full plate, them flip them the bird.

Even better, just sit the nice hot plate of food on the table and let 'em smell it, and walk away flipping the bird.
The Republic is lost.

geronl

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2017, 10:38:22 pm »
That's the way to respond to this kind of crap. No need to be offensive, no need to use bad language or violence.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2017, 02:43:22 pm »
Y'all do know that this was just a "symbolic" hunger strike, right?  They said that they'd only be on the hunger strike till they got hungry, then they'd go eat something.  (It seems that they're unclear on the concept of "hunger strike.")
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Wingnut

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2017, 03:05:35 pm »
Reminds me of when the progressive groups that hold those “sleep out” for the homeless nights..... but move inside when it rains.   22222frying pan

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2017, 03:07:11 pm »
They get a stipend of $30,000 a year, free medical care and their tuition ($40,000) paid.   Its a pretty good deal for a graduate student looking to polish their resume and get their doctorate.  I don't know why they are complaining. 
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.