Author Topic: Donald Trump Now Says He’s a “Nationalist and a Globalist”  (Read 1125 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
...Mr. Trump dismissed talk about a split inside his White House between aides with a nationalist or globalist orientation. “Hey, I’m a nationalist and a globalist,” he said. “I’m both. And I’m the only one who makes the decision, believe me.”.....

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/04/28/donald_trump_now_says_he_s_a_nationalist_and_a_globalist.html

Offline LMAO

Re: Donald Trump Now Says He’s a “Nationalist and a Globalist”
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 03:38:00 pm »
This might get interesting
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 05:04:04 pm »

Isn't that kinda like calling yourself a Free Market Communist?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 05:04:24 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 05:07:39 pm »
This is what we get when we elect an ignorant guy to be President for the sole reason that he's ignorant......   :shrug:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline corbe

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 05:11:06 pm »
   He's also a Conservative with very Liberal views, and as a Briefer pointed out weeks ago, He is a Blank Slate that anyone can write anything on and claim it as the Gospel Truth.
   A lot of his policy decisions appears to reflect the last person he talked to, sadly, it's another indication he has 'NO' core principles.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 05:18:30 pm »
This is what we get when we elect an ignorant guy to be President for the sole reason that he's ignorant......   :shrug:

Exactly.  He obviously didn't possess the basic knowledge of government when he took the oath of office and he's learning as he goes along.  He himself is admitting that being president is more difficult than he thought. Thank God he's selected some military personnel with some experience and knowledge and I'm hoping Pence is having a broader role in his administration than what is normal for a VP.

Let's see...he's a liberal, populist/globalist, who ran under the Republican umbrella ... how could people not see that?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 05:20:58 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline ABX

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2017, 05:24:15 pm »
   He's also a Conservative with very Liberal views, and as a Briefer pointed out weeks ago, He is a Blank Slate that anyone can write anything on and claim it as the Gospel Truth.
   A lot of his policy decisions appears to reflect the last person he talked to, sadly, it's another indication he has 'NO' core principles.

All things to all people.

A showman first who tailors his act to the audience of the day.

Offline ABX

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2017, 05:27:35 pm »

There are globalist streaks in many famous so-called Nationalists.

Think about most of the famous dictators and empire builders. They all claimed to be Nationalists. Did they give up being Nationalists when they started trying to build their empire? No, they still held the mantle. They used it as a rallying cry to expand their empires. They were National Globalists in that they wanted their view of Nationalism to rule their world. They wanted to be on top, usually by force.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2017, 05:39:28 pm »

Waiting for the 9 dimensional chess comments from the TBR Orange Contingent
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2017, 05:57:13 pm »
Exactly.  He obviously didn't possess the basic knowledge of government when he took the oath of office and he's learning as he goes along.  He himself is admitting that being president is more difficult than he thought. Thank God he's selected some military personnel with some experience and knowledge and I'm hoping Pence is having a broader role in his administration than what is normal for a VP.

Let's see...he's a liberal, populist/globalist, who ran under the Republican umbrella ... how could people not see that?

I think they probably did, but didn't care.

That's the way a personality cult works.

I'm praying that he at least keeps some good people around him, and has enough humility (though that's doubtful) to consult with them when he actually does anything.

That way he can keep saying stupid things without taking the country down with him...... 
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2017, 06:00:23 pm »
Trump is all things to all people at any given moment because he has no core principles save for himself and his own aggrandizement, self-importance and braggadocio.

The guy apparently wants to jump-start WWIII when our military is largely at WWI levels thanks to Obama.

What an ultra maroon!
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2017, 06:08:05 pm »
Please, for the love of God, lets hope nobody asks him about his sex life...I don't want to know :whistle:

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2017, 06:18:08 pm »

I said all along that he speaks using an old sales technique of never quite finishing a comment. It allows the listener to decide for themselves what they want to hear.

Offline ABX

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2017, 08:57:07 pm »
Please, for the love of God, lets hope nobody asks him about his sex life...I don't want to know :whistle:

He is a chaste slut.

All things to all people.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2017, 03:17:19 am »

Its how he did business with the government also.  Everyone should remember that he would bend which ever way would benefit him.  So no core principles. 

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2017, 05:55:33 am »

[attachment deleted by admin]

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.