Author Topic: Graham on Trump’s State Department Cuts: ‘Over My Dead Body’  (Read 476 times)

Offline endicom

PJ Media
Nicholas Ballasy
Apr. 30, 2017

WASHINGTON – Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) offered a strong defense of foreign aid and had a direct message for the Trump administration over its proposal to reduce the State Department’s budget, describing himself as a “pretty hawkish guy but I understand the limits of military power.”

Graham also said China has done more in the last 80 to 100 days to “push back” against North Korea than they’ve done in 20 years because of President Trump’s “determination” to prevent North Korea from hitting the U.S. with a missile.

“We’re cutting the State Department’s budget by 29 percent and, over my dead body, that ain’t happening,” Graham told the audience at the Freedom House annual awards ceremony in D.C. on Thursday evening.

More... https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/2017/04/30/graham-on-trumps-state-department-cuts-over-my-dead-body/

geronl

Re: Graham on Trump’s State Department Cuts: ‘Over My Dead Body’
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 01:24:42 am »
I'm still pretty sure there will be little or no cut in anything and with a trillion dollar porkulus, no deficit reduction but a boost.