Author Topic: Bill Nye goes full commie, asks if parents should be penalized for having ‘extra kids’  (Read 749 times)

rangerrebew

Bill Nye goes full commie, asks if parents should be penalized for having ‘extra kids’
April 27, 2017 | BPR Wire | Print Article   

Comedian Bill Nye suggested that saving the world from climate change might entail punishing people in developed countries for having too many children.

Nye asked one of the panelists on the Tuesday episode of his Netflix show “Bill Nye Saves The Earth” if it would be a good idea to have the government penalize having “extra kids.”

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2017/04/27/bill-nye-goes-full-commie-asks-parents-penalized-extra-kids-480533
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 03:29:07 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
So let's brass tacks this - Bill wants to punish and kill for too many people breathing. Genocide may not be a good suggestion Bill in a country where your side doesn't own the guns.
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

I've watched this series just satisfy my own curiosity and this isn't the same Bill Nye from years ago.

I think he thinks he's being "trendy."
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Who's going to decide which of my children are the "extra" ones?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
What's really remarkable about his comment is that he only advocated it for developed countries.  What's the logic in that?  The birth rate in developed countries is already significant'y lower than in the Third World.  Why not penalize them?

Oh, that's right.  Racism.

Offline r9etb

What's really remarkable about his comment is that he only advocated it for developed countries.  What's the logic in that?  The birth rate in developed countries is already significant'y lower than in the Third World.  Why not penalize them?

Oh, that's right.  Racism.

Or something.  The guy's a certified idiot, for sure.

His response would probably be along the lines of kids in developed countries have a larger "proportional carbon footprint" or some such.  But that's stupid, too -- you've already pointed out the central fallacy of his suggestion.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Or something.  The guy's a certified idiot, for sure.

His response would probably be along the lines of kids in developed countries have a larger "proportional carbon footprint" or some such.  But that's stupid, too -- you've already pointed out the central fallacy of his suggestion.

Lefties like Nye also want more immigration from the Third World to the developed world, and greater economic assistance as well.  So all that's really happening is changing one group of high-carbon generators to another anyway.

And a bigger point is that the more advanced countries are also the ones developing better pollution control, improving carbon footprints, etc..  It's the third world hellholes burning massive amounts of coal, wood, dung, etc., that are on a much worse trajectory.

Offline r9etb

Lefties like Nye also want more immigration from the Third World to the developed world, and greater economic assistance as well.  So all that's really happening is changing one group of high-carbon generators to another anyway.

And a bigger point is that the more advanced countries are also the ones developing better pollution control, improving carbon footprints, etc..  It's the third world hellholes burning massive amounts of coal, wood, dung, etc., that are on a much worse trajectory.

And also, of course, third-world countries are where most of the kids are being born.  The implications of a suggestion like Nye's are pretty obvious, when you put such things in writing.

Out of curiosity, I looked up Mr. Nye's own susceptibility to this issue.  Not surprisingly, he's unmarried and childless.  He was married for a couple of months, back in 2006:

[Blair] Tindall married Bill Nye on February 3, 2006. The ceremony was performed by Rick Warren at The Entertainment Gathering at the Skirball Cultural Center in Los Angeles. Yo-Yo Ma provided the music. Nye left the relationship seven weeks later when the marriage license was declared invalid, later filing for a restraining order. After violating the order in 2009, Tindall was ordered to pay $57,000 of Nye's legal expenses. In 2012, Nye sued Tindall for unpaid attorney's fees, after she had not paid any of the $57,000 she was ordered to pay back.

So, no ... he'd never be accused of violating his own stupid idea.