Author Topic: Target Says Goodbye to Innovation Chief  (Read 1243 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Target Says Goodbye to Innovation Chief
« on: April 24, 2017, 05:00:57 pm »
The discount retailer said on Thursday that its chief innovation and strategy officer, Casey Carl, was leaving the company next month after 20 years, a departure that comes as Target tries to get a faster payoff from its tech investments amid shrinking sales.
Carl's exit is just the latest at Target's c-suite, which in the last 18 months has seen the departures of its heads of stores, marketing, human resources and its chief digital officer among others. The Minneapolis Star-Tribune first reported Carl's leaving the company

http://fortune.com/2017/04/20/target-executive-departure/

Target CEO makes leadership changes to emphasize innovation, digital
http://www.startribune.com/target-ceo-makes-leadership-changes-to-emphasize-innovation-digital/286160261/

Barely two years after the new Target CEO appointed this guy, he fires him.

The guy who hires people to kill the company by creating an unsafe store environment with his men-in-girls-bathrooms is trying to be the last one out the door.

Time to fire the CEO before there are no more to fire in the company.

This is one sick company.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Joe Wooten

Re: Target Says Goodbye to Innovation Chief
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 07:10:25 pm »
Barely two years after the new Target CEO appointed this guy, he fires him.

The guy who hires people to kill the company by creating an unsafe store environment with his men-in-girls-bathrooms is trying to be the last one out the door.

Time to fire the CEO before there are no more to fire in the company.

This is one sick company.

Couldn't happen to a better target......

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 07:12:19 pm »

I haven't set foot in a Target since they made that idiotic decision.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 07:16:12 pm »
I haven't set foot in a Target since they made that idiotic decision.

Yep. That used to be one of the wife's favorite stores to shop in.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 07:47:32 pm »
Yep. That used to be one of the wife's favorite stores to shop in.

That's the problem.  Overall it's a good store, but it's clearly run by leftist loonies and have no idea who their clientele really are.

I was in college in the late 60's and within walking distance of the first Target, in St. Paul, MN.  It was no more than a glorified Odd Lots back then, but I got a lot of stuff there as a poor college student.

It's grown and improved since then, and I used to enjoy shopping there (even though I really don't enjoy shopping anywhere.  ^-^).

They made a DUMB decision when they decided to put young girls at risk in their bathrooms.  DUMB.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 01:09:24 pm »

They made a DUMB decision when they decided to put young girls at risk in their bathrooms.  DUMB.
They continue the idiocy as the company is spiraling downward.  Even the WSJ notes they are tone-deaf and are not going to get the lost customers back.

As an example, here's what Target posted to celebrate its decision for inclusivity:

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/target-still-facing-backlash-from-transgender-bathroom-policy
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington