Author Topic: Trump denies changing position on border wall: 'It will get built'  (Read 760 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The Hill By Rebecca Savransky - 04/25/17

President Trump on Tuesday insisted he's fully committed to building a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border, one day after saying he was open to waiting until the fall to get funding for the wall.

"Don't let the fake media tell you that I have changed my position on the WALL," Trump tweeted. "It will get built and help stop drugs, human trafficking etc."

Don't let the fake media tell you that I have changed my position on the WALL. It will get built and help stop drugs, human trafficking etc.
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 25, 2017

Trump on Monday signaled he is open to getting money for his proposed border wall in the fall, instead of in spending bill this week.

The government will shut down at midnight on April 28 if Congress cannot agree on a spending bill.

More:http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/330372-trump-insists-wall-will-get-built

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: Trump denies changing position on border wall: 'It will get built'
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 01:19:37 pm »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump denies changing position on border wall: 'It will get built'
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 03:01:52 pm »
By Rebecca Savransky - 04/25/17 08:52 AM EDT

President Trump on Tuesday insisted he's fully committed to building a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border one day after saying he was open to waiting until the fall to get funding for the wall.

"Don't let the fake media tell you that I have changed my position on the WALL," Trump tweeted. "It will get built and help stop drugs, human trafficking etc."

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/330372-trump-insists-wall-will-get-built
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 04:48:02 pm »
By Rebecca Savransky - 04/25/17 08:52 AM EDT

President Trump on Tuesday insisted he's fully committed to building a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border one day after saying he was open to waiting until the fall to get funding for the wall.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/330372-trump-insists-wall-will-get-built

??? B.S.  It's not fake news when Kellyanne Conway states that funding the wall can wait and it's not fake news when Trump himself makes a similar comment ... all in order to appease the DEMS and their bogus threat of shutting down the government.

I give him credit for defeating Hillary and placing a conservative justice on the SCOTUS and I give him credit for showing strength in meeting with foreign leaders. Hopefully, he's not so arrogant that he only thinks he's made some progress. It appears on everything else, he's caving. 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 05:00:03 pm »
Apparently not...........

Offline Idiot

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2017, 05:05:12 pm »
??? B.S.  It's not fake news when Kellyanne Conway states that funding the wall can wait and it's not fake news when Trump himself makes a similar comment ... all in order to appease the DEMS and their bogus threat of shutting down the government.

I give him credit for defeating Hillary and placing a conservative justice on the SCOTUS and I give him credit for showing strength in meeting with foreign leaders. Hopefully, he's not so arrogant that he only thinks he's made some progress. It appears on everything else, he's caving.
Yup....most of us feared this would happen.  I do give him credit for his SCOTUS pick and stimulating business.  Everything else....meh.......

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2017, 05:15:14 pm »
Yup....most of us feared this would happen.  I do give him credit for his SCOTUS pick and stimulating business.  Everything else....meh.......

Yes, most of us knew that he had no clue about how the government functioned, nor the three branches of government and now he's realizing it's different than running a business.  I get that, but the wall was "the" issue that I felt he would deliver on (even though I was never a Trump supporter). Granted, the RINO's and DEMS are out to take him down ... but in this case, I feel he is playing into their hands unnecessarily.  Thinking that the same obstructionist in Congress are going to miraculously change their minds is ridiculous ... who is he trying to kid?  To give in now only feeds into their game and certainly any leverage he had is gone.  Let's see...he blamed the Freedom Caucus for the healthcare debacle, who is he going to blame for the wall??

Yes, we got rid of Hillary and have Gorsuch.  Hopefully he will remain strong with foreign leaders around the globe; he weakens and it's not going to be good at all.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline MOD8

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2017, 05:22:32 pm »
Merged duplicates

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2017, 05:28:09 pm »

Border rancher: Illegal crossings down 90% since Trump became president

April 25, 2017
By Kyle Olson

Arizona ranchers John Ladd and Fred Davis invited House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi to see the southern border from their property, but she never responded.

But they responded this morning to Pelosi’s recent claim that the border wall is “immoral, expensive, unwise.”

Appearing on Fox & Friends on Tuesday, Ladd said border crossings by illegal aliens have decreased 90% to 95% since Donald Trump took office.

Continued: http://www.theamericanmirror.com/border-rancher-illegal-crossings-90-since-trump-became-president/

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2017, 05:32:23 pm »
Just delayed until September to avoid a government shutdown. Rush just addressed this.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2017, 07:23:15 pm »
Just delayed until September to avoid a government shutdown. Rush just addressed this.
Like repealing Obamacare is delayed?
They keep kicking the can down the road and before you know it, it's midterm election time again and those reps who, stick up their fingers every day to see which way the wind is blowing, will do NOTHING to harm their reelection chances.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 07:24:49 pm by mrpotatohead »

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2017, 07:29:58 pm »
I thought I saw on another thread that Limbaugh states that the wall will be shelved. 

Is  Trump calling him fake media too?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2017, 09:41:21 pm »
Like repealing Obamacare is delayed?
They keep kicking the can down the road and before you know it, it's midterm election time again and those reps who, stick up their fingers every day to see which way the wind is blowing, will do NOTHING to harm their reelection chances.

I see it quite the opposite way; IF the wall doesn't get funded and building started before the 2018 elections; it WILL harm their re-election chances. The wall is what the people voted for and to deny the people a border wall is a death sentence for re-election.  My hunch is if the wall isn't funded by that point, we'll see another instance of people just not showing up to vote  and we'll lose our Senate majority.  Perhaps we won't lose the House but certainly we'll see many seats turning DEM.