Author Topic: Lena Dunham Weight Loss Actually Starting To Look Fairly Attractive  (Read 3980 times)

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
Re: Lena Dunham Weight Loss Actually Starting To Look Fairly Attractive
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2017, 12:48:46 am »
I've lost 76 lbs since August,  two dress sizes that's it. Believe me, you can't really see it unless I step on a scale or something

It's very disheartening, especially when you add the thirty pounds I lost pre surgery on top of that.

Wow!! That is a terrific accomplishment!! Congratulations!  The visual stimulation related to overeating is EVERYWHERE. People who have never struggled with such things do not understand. Imagine being a heroin addict and having pictures of heroin use going on every time you turn on the T.V. drive out in public and see a bill board, go to the movies, open a newspaper/magazine or go on the Net. It's horribly difficult for even the strongest willed person.

My housemate is in a program and doing very well. She has to be careful not to starve herself because then she'd lose lean body mass (healthy tissue). I help her all I can and try to give her constant encouragement and recognition for her amazing ability to stay on track.

People with others around them trying to lose weight should remember that emotional support can make a very major difference in people's success. Give them all the love you possibly can - THEY DESERVE IT!!
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline musiclady

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2017, 01:00:46 am »
I thought Oprah was the one who got fat eating Jenny Craig?

Oprah has gotten fat eating practically everything.  ^-^
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2017, 05:26:55 am »
Hey if three meals a day will get you to lose weight, nine should get you to lose weight three times as fast, right?  :tongue2:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

geronl

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2017, 06:39:17 am »

cannibalism!