Author Topic: Kasich won’t close door on 2020 presidential run  (Read 5391 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: Kasich won’t close door on 2020 presidential run
« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2017, 12:51:12 am »

He was hands down the best President of the 20th Century

That he was.  We'll not see his like again. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2017, 02:27:18 am »
No, because on principle, he was against high taxation.  Problem is, the original intent of the group has been splintered and co-opted by others to the point where it's unrecognizable from its original form.
The minute someone stepped forth to try and 'lead' a grassroots movement (just click on the donate button major credit cards accepted), the TEA party was beginning the end.
National soi disant apokespersons claimed to speak for everyone and promptly went off the rails. That did more damage to the movement than anything the press could throw at it (or leave out of the news--like 2 million in D.C.).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2017, 03:18:36 am »
This thread is the most that anyone has talked bout this loser Kasich in years. Maybe a Mod can lock it down to keep him from getting anymore buzz. It's the right thing to do for the health of our country.

"I know everyone hates me but I'm going to keep talking anyway."

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2017, 12:47:32 pm »
On Kasich and taxes, from a WV perspective:

McElhinny: The roadmap to state budget options
By Brad McElhinny in News | April 27, 2017 at 1:49AM
WV Metro News

If each state is a little federalist experiment then West Virginia has a lot of ongoing examples as it tries to figure out the proper budget for the coming year.

In neighboring Ohio, which rhymes with “bizarro,” Governor John Kasich and the Legislature represent something like the reverse of what’s going on in West Virginia.

Ohio is working on a two-year, $66.9 billion budget. West Virginia’s budget, passed a year at a time, is a little more than $4 billion.

Ohio has about $400 million less to spend than last year. West Virginia’s revenue gap is estimated to be a little more than $500 million.

Governor Kasich has proposed $3.1 billion in income tax cuts, offset by about $3.1 billion in other tax increases. House Republicans in Ohio killed Kasich’s tax package, which also included a severance tax on shale fracking.

Here, of course, it’s the Senate that wants to reduce income taxes, Governor Jim Justice who says other tax increases are a necessity and the House Republicans who are not wild about either of those ideas.

Republicans in Ohio’s House want to dedicate an additional $170 million over two years into battling that state’s drug crisis.

In West Virginia, Governor Justice ordered a state-of-emergency lantern to be lit to indicate his worry over the effects of potential cuts to the Department of Health and Human Resources. The budget he vetoed would have cut $140 million from the medical services line of DHHR.

In Ohio, House Republicans want to approve video poker at racetracks that have slot machines. Here, the Legislature voted to let dog tracks do away with dog racing but keep their slots. That was vetoed by the governor.

There are some echoes of West Virginia’s situation in Tennessee too.

Governor Bill Haslam, a Republican, sought and got legislative approval of a gas tax increase of 6 cents over three years to pay for longstanding transportation needs. Various fees on motor vehicles also would go up.

The bill – which Haslam calls the “Improving Manufacturing, Public Roads and Opportunities for a Vibrant Economy Act” – amounts to about $350 million for transportation improvements.

Here in West Virginia, Governor Justice wants to fund highways and bridge projects by increasing the gasoline tax, DMV fees and tolls. The Legislature passed a bill allowing a bond vote, but Justice is still pushing for straightforward passage of the increased taxes and fees to #FTDR.

Looking at what other states are doing, it’s pretty clear we aren’t reinventing the wheel in West Virginia.

It’s just that while other states are figuring out what to do, we’re alongside the road, with the car up on a jack, trying to get the wheel where it really ought to be.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2017, 12:57:40 pm »
On Kasich and taxes, from a WV perspective:

If this were still a Constitutional Republic There would be no state of West Virginia. There would be only Virginia.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #81 on: April 27, 2017, 01:16:03 pm »
If this were still a Constitutional Republic There would be no state of West Virginia. There would be only Virginia.
Yes, I understand there's a certain illegitimacy to our birth as a state, and yet we're here - wild, wonderful West Virginia!
Wild, wonderful impoverished and governed by a fool of a governor West By Gosh Virginia...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #82 on: April 27, 2017, 03:06:20 pm »
No no no no. There was only one President that cut the physical size of govt' and cut spending by 50%.....

That's good,  but I think winning the Cold War (with the potential to kill millions)   is more significant.   

The SDI program,  which Democrats and their media monkeys mocked relentlessly,   is what convinced the Russians that they needed to  negotiate for a more peaceful relationship with us. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #83 on: April 27, 2017, 03:07:51 pm »

Secession is only legal if the side with the most military power declares it to be legal. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #84 on: April 27, 2017, 03:32:02 pm »
You're confessing, aren't you, DC?
@DCPatriot
It's always THOSE people. Doesn't matter the problem somebody always knows just which group to blame and it's always somebody else. I have decided that attitude is more of a problem than THOSE people. Just my dos centavos.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #85 on: April 27, 2017, 03:55:35 pm »
That he was.  We'll not see his like again.

An articulate libertarian-conservative from California, with relevant experience and a pleasant demeanor?  He would not be nominated by today's GOP, that's for sure.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2017, 04:17:45 pm »
@DCPatriot
It's always THOSE people. Doesn't matter the problem somebody always knows just which group to blame and it's always somebody else. I have decided that attitude is more of a problem than THOSE people. Just my dos centavos.

From where I'm sitting, my guy is President today. 

And I've been 'fighting' forum wars going on twenty years.   With some of the same people, it seems.

So yeah.....it's THOSE people.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Wingnut

« Reply #87 on: April 27, 2017, 07:56:34 pm »
No no no no. There was only one President that cut the physical size of govt' and cut spending by 50%.....

So Coolidge put the Cool in Bondage!  who knew!

In the BDSM community, safe, sane and consensual (SSC) are common principles guiding relationships and activities.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #88 on: April 27, 2017, 07:57:33 pm »
So Coolidge put the Cool in Bondage!  who knew!

In the BDSM community, safe, sane and consensual (SSC) are common principles guiding relationships and activities.

I'm gonna bet that most of us didn't know that, Wingy.

Wingnut

« Reply #89 on: April 27, 2017, 07:59:27 pm »
I'm gonna bet that most of us didn't know that, Wingy.

I am, if not anything, a fountain of information!  ^-^

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2017, 08:08:23 pm »
I am, if not anything, a fountain of information!  ^-^

I'm still marveling at the Comic Sans font in the poster!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2017, 08:14:23 pm »
I'm still marveling at the Comic Sans font in the poster!

A real "Buckhead" you are!   

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2017, 08:27:58 pm »
A real "Buckhead" you are!   

I've often been called something that rhymes with his name!

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: